• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Too bad. But wasn't The last of Us delayed out of christmas season too? Anyway, the game will probably get better for it... (and Lara wil keep me comfort on Xbox One).

I hope Sony has some suprises in their sleeve for the holiday months that can soften this blow though.

NotLiquid

MGSV retroactively swipes GAF's most anticipated game of the year.

In all seriousness this generation is taking too fucking long to get going.

Jigorath

Banned
The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves.

I guess this is a confirmation that this is Drake's last game.

So Sony has nothing against Forza, Halo and Tomb Raider? Well shit....
On Topic though, Iam happy they delayed it for quality.

Yeah because Sony's got a grand total of one game this year. Some of you fucking guys...

Anyway, this sucks big time but it's for the best. Better to delay it than rush the game out like Uncharted 3 or worse, Halo MCC.

FATALITY

Banned
O my... so PS4 is not gonna have a great exclusive even this year... i'll have to wait till 2016 to buy one. Now i'd like to see if Tomb Raider will be delayed to, cause it should have been Microsoft' answer to Uncharted, i hope not.

bloodborne? helldivers? until dawn? or they only count when release in holiday season?

Meanwhile at Crystal Dynamics

dyLLXJy.gif
Ha, too true.
So we got 1 delayed AAA Xbox game and now 1 delayed AAA Sony game.
What will be the Nintendo game? Place your bets!

OptimusLime

All the 2014 games went to 2015, the 2015 games are going to 2016. Welcome to the new normal, add 1 year to any estimated release window.

And while Im being extra cynical this morning: 900p/30fps.

TomShoe

Banned
Lol, if anything this means they'll release Tomb Raider's PS4 version against Uncharted.

The PS4 version was fucked either way you swung it. If anything, they'll have less competition between new XBO owners choosing a starting library.

I expect TR to be bundled

RBK

Banned
Was this really expected? I haven't kept up with the game since the official gameplay trailer.

What's the flagship title for Sony going into Holiday 2015 as well? It's looking as barren as 2014 did.

Eolz

MS celebrating with Tomb Raider!

I guess they're struggling with HD development and getting a stable framerate?
jk obviously, hope the development goes well
It'll be like Witcher 3 and won't be really high in GAF's most anticipated games of 2016 list :p

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pelican

So, unless there is a big surprise at E3 we know of no Sony first party exclusives for this peak Christmas trade.

Will there be one? I'm beginning to think not...

Euron

Holy shit I was not expecting this at all. The fact that they showed all that footage back in December assured me that it was far enough along to release this year. This is actually the most disappointing delay for me in a very long time. It sounds like we're getting a repeat of last year with everything getting delayed.

The question is, what does Sony have for the holidays now? No Man's Sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom