• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 story trailer

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Neil was up late reading GAF last night despite his better judgement, so he wanted to address it. Essentially, when they cast the role of Nadine they didn't even have a look for the character yet. They auditioned actors of all ethnicities, American, South African, white, black, etc. Laura Bailey won the part. Laura was Nadine when she auditioned, so she won the role. Then they started capturing scenes, while still working on art. Then a concept artist drew a piece of art of Nadine as a black character, and Neil thought it was great, and Neil though it was a great opportunity to have a strong, prominent black character in the game. But Laura was white, and they had internal discussions about that and it inviting controversy. So they decided not to finalize the look until they could actually see it in scenes. Meanwhile they kept capturing scenes with the actors they hired for the parts. Months later, when they finally started to get character designs and animations and stuff into scenes they captures and could actually see everything in context, they though Nadine was a great character and Laura's performance vanished into the part and you didn't see anything but Nadine and Nate as characters, so they decided not to change the character to a white character. There's also a prominent white character that they aren't ready to reveal yet that's performed by a black actor.
I had a feeling this might have been the case. It's classy of him to acknowledge and address the issue. Respect.

Kaze2212

With these visuals it could just be a movie concluding the story and still be great, But it's still a game which is so incredible to me.

Replicant

Awesome graphics although I feel weird seeing Nate looking older. Also love the dialogue tree. I hope it actually affects something.

On that note, I hate people like Sam. Coming back to your family/friend ONLY when you're in deep shit. *smh*

LOL still playing coy with Drake.

Nice Neil. :)

LOL Nolan North hitting that time when people were talking about he was in everything with the Drake voice.

Gbraga

MANY feels. I'm more than ready to say goodbye to Uncharted, as much as I love it, but I'm not ready to say goodbye to this kind of moment.

Vire

It's hilarious how Neil seems terrified that Nolan is going to drop game ending spoilers at any moment.

Top Bottom