• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
OK, so as far as I know, some of the ways to avoid spoilers are:

-Avoid YouTube comments
-Avoid Reddit comments
-Avoid most forums

Anything else?

just.....stick to neogaf for the most part. That's about it, don't think I have ever been spoiled in GAF except for people who thing spoiler images are a good thing...........

which for future reference they don't work on mobile folks......don't use image spoilers on this forum EVER

Hale_C

Thanks for the info... guess Sony should just release the game with it being available at so many places (it seems)^^

Haha, well yes that'd probably the optimum solution for us scrubs without an early copy... It'll never happen though!

Strange, CeX never sell sealed copies of games.

Yeah, if it's sealed we need to open it to make sure the right stuff is in there (I had to do it when someone traded in 20 copies of The Force Awakens...)

Although I guess some stores can be lazy

I might pop into work to see if any copies arrived :p

dealer-

Yeah, if it's sealed we need to open it to make sure the right stuff is in there (I had to do it when someone traded in 20 copies of The Force Awakens...)

Sounds like bullshit so far, one random copy in the wild.

Hale_C

Are staff allowed to buy stock? If so I'm surprised the one from the VG article managed to grab it before staff did...

artsi

"Pre-Release Media, UK"... couldn't this be just a preorder box? Don't know how they handle this, but some stores over here offer games that are not released as preorder box. It only allows you to pay upfront and to pickup day1

Denial is strong here, lol.

Hasney

Strange, CeX never sell sealed copies of games.

That's not how CEX works. They don't do 'regular' retail at all, everything is pre-owned, there's no pre-ordering.

They have in the past for big releases that they can somehow get early. Remember working there when San Andreas came out, had copies a week before and sold them early. All morning I was sticking 18 BBFC stickers on boxes because they were from Europe. Did the same for Halo 2 as well.

If they have managed to get a few boxes of a game early, they'll shove it up for sale. Take it in with a receipt to the local Game or whatever too and they'll call the street date breaker hotline and possibly allowed to sell it early. May as well open the floodgates for everybody.

Are staff allowed to buy stock? If so I'm surprised the one from the VG article managed to grab it before staff did...

Yeah, we can technically give the money to the guy for trade in, the labels would print off that we stick on and then we could buy it straight away (with our staff discount as well) but another member of staff would have to do the actual transaction

Hoo-doo

Banned
The quality of the print on the booklets and flyers, the disc image, no signs of photoshop nonsense anywhere. Even the seal has the PS4-PS4-PS4 banding on it.

I'd say there's no real reason to think that these are all fakes. Street dates get broken all the time, it happens.

Gurish

Whahahah dont pay any mind to that shit man

Yea I know man, it's just funny that the guy is one of the first in the world to play it and that's all he has to say, he could just as well tell us that "he likes turtles", would be as informative and hype inducing.

just.....stick to neogaf for the most part. That's about it, don't think I have ever been spoiled in GAF except for people who thing spoiler images are a good thing...........

which for future reference they don't work on mobile folks......don't use image spoilers on this forum EVER

Mobile preferences and turn off images and gifs. It'll force you to tap on image to load it and spoiler images will work as intended.

KevinG

My order said it is arriving today, but to my old address, no tracking.

So I went into the order and changed the address, and it switched to arriving May 10th.

It's just a glitch with old orders. I really doubt we will see (I know I won't, I don't live in NC anymore) our games until May 10th.

well fuck, and here in Australia i doubt it will break, i dont know if any game has broken street date this gen, the vendors have been stricter and actually holding games in warehouses along with giving fines to places that do sell them early.

The next 2 weeks will suck, its going to be hard to avoid accident seeing spoilers for that long.

Even if it does break i doubt they will have the Libertalia editions yet and wont sell them so i wouldnt get mine.

Haroon

9fl7DhA.png

Looks like I am playing Uncharted 4 today!

PSOreo

I was utterly convinced I had already pre-ordered a year ago. Turns out I had cancelled it..I know it's futile at this point but I've re-ordered it in the vain they might decide send them earlier.

Boke1879

So it looks like the Amazon thing was just a mistake.

But I'm not shocked about local stores breaking release. It always happens.

But are there people in this thread hoping that retailers start selling this early because they are mad about the delay?

DKHF

Fuck I saw an early in the game screenshot from the guy who sent VideoGamer his receipt underneath the tweet they found him from. Luckily I only saw it for a split second so I couldn't really ascertain anything spoilery from it, I'll try to forget it.

oti

Banned
So it looks like the Amazon thing was just a mistake.

But I'm not shocked about local stores breaking release. It always happens.

But are there people in this thread hoping that retailers start selling this early because they are mad about the delay?

I don't care about the delay. I just don't want to tiptoe around spoilers for two weeks. Even here on GAF you never know what some people will post.

Yup. This is the best glitch ever. I got it for $40 due to a pricing glitch and it's arriving today.

Nice!

Gurish

Gaffes who get it early, share unspoilerific impressions ASAP, at least give us poors some juice until release :/

m4st4

Sigmund dies in chapter 13!!

Yeah but GAF is pretty much safe, at least that's been my experience. And spoiler threads are called like that for a reason. I expect redacted lines for the first couple of weeks even there.

Holy shit...

Anyone ordered Uncharted 4 through Amazon UK today and had their order go straight through? I'm pre-ordered with ShopTo but will switch orders in a heartbeat if it gets dispatched today or tomorrow!

m4st4

I became a GAF Member just in time for May-hem:

5487AEAC4B2B770010

Holy shit...

Anyone ordered Uncharted 4 through Amazon UK today and had their order go straight through? I'm pre-ordered with ShopTo but will switch orders in a heartbeat if it gets dispatched today or tomorrow!

I did. Too late mate. Nothing happens. Only despair.

If it says arriving today, you should have a tracking number. There's no mystery there. If you've got one, you can see where the package is. If not, you're not getting that game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom