• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

I would love to see what panic mode looks like at sony and naughty dog right now. My only question is though, why was the game delayed if its ready to go?

"As you know, Naughty Dog is wrapping up production on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End with the game on track to go gold and into production later this month," Layden said. "In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time."

lol

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I have been quietly watching my Amazon order since it never changed from the 26th. I know it won't actually ship, though.

mittelos

Oh so some retailers' systems held the 4/26 date? Not the same thing but this reminds me of when Uncharted released a couple days early; but if I remember correctly it was Ok'd by Sony.

thenexus6

Local stores I would guess. Grainger and Game will keep it tight.

I guess places like Tesco, Sainsburys etc won't get it until right at launch..

I wsa going to preorder it next week but I wonder if I should pre order on Amazon UK now just in case.. or another site like Shopto.

Runus

Holy crap. Just checked my Amazon order and it says arriving today! Fantastic!

Edit: I also see my card wasn't charged and no tracking number. I'll cross my fingers. I'll survive if it doesn't come today.

I would love to see what panic mode looks like at sony and naughty dog right now. My only question is though, why was the game delayed if its ready to go?
Release dates involve everything from production, shipping, expected numbers and more. Games have gone gold sooner than this compared to their release day.

It's a huge game so they are expecting lots of sales. Shipments to stores would start earlier to make sure they're ready.

The delay came straight after the beta, probably a bug found which was fixed quicker than expected.

OK, so as far as I know, some of the ways to avoid spoilers are:

-Avoid YouTube comments
-Avoid Reddit comments
-Avoid most forums

Anything else?

Avoid in-game voice/text chats. A sore loser in Rocket League tried to spoil Star Wars TFA for my nephew and me. We laughed our asses off, because we saw it the previous night.

Couleurs

Probably. Mine says it will arrive today, but my credit card doesnt have a charge or pending transaction. Tracking also doesnt have a tracking number or destination info.

Yeah mine says shipping soon and arriving by 8pm, but they never updated the release date when it was moved from April 26 to May, so as far as their systems are concerned it is "shipping soon" even though it probably isn't.

Hasney

I guess places like Tesco, Sainsburys etc won't get it until right at launch..

I wsa going to preorder it next week but I wonder if I should pre order on Amazon UK now just in case.. or another site like Shopto.

Yeah, the supermarkets keep stock at the main warehouse usually until a couple of days before release.

dareacher

Banned
so my amazon.ca says i should receive it on may 10th but at the end of the green line when i go on the order it says receiving today. But there is no shipping information. Is it my lucky day???

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My amazon order has the shipping soon arriving today as well. I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch.

Lucreto

I usually have to wait a few days after for the game to arrive from Amazon so this time I shopped locally to get it launch day, now Amazon are releasing it two week's early.

I can't win.

KevinG

Of those whose orders say arriving today: Does anyone have actual tracking, at all?

Everyone is freaking out, but it's just a glitch where the system didn't change the release date on old orders.

Seriously, your orders aren't coming today, if you have no tracking and the system says it is arriving today, you've been duped by a glitch.

Mine said the same thing. They haven't charged my card, I have no tracking information, every rational observation, apart from "arriving today" on their chart, points to nothing actually happening early.

I want this to be real as much as you all do. Would love to play early, but it's just not the case.

Bennehmaru

Neo Member
CEX in Bristol doesn't have the game, I'm assuming a lot of this will be trolling, but just in case sent the girlfriend to check! :)

Hasney

CEX in Bristol doesn't have the game, I'm assuming a lot of this will be trolling, but just in case sent the girlfriend to check! :)

Copies are legit out there and CEX will be happy to take them off peoples hands if they go to sell it. They'll likely trickle in and out rather than it be a stock they've bought from a supplier.

Hasney

Someone asked CEX on Twitter which stores have it in and they said no stores currently have any stock. Dude on videogamer got lucky.

I mean... Sure? Pressing discs doesn't take that much time though.

It does depending on when you can schedule the next pressing in. They may have been at capacity with printing other discs to re-open a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom