• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloKa

//wrong thread.

Amazon keeps delivering all uncharted 4's around 8 PM / 20 o'clock?

Shouldn't there be also some people with other estimated delivery times? Amazon is usually on spot with their estimated times and it seems strange that everyone has the exact same expected time.

Hasney

Really?

My Dark Souls 3 order with them was cancelled just prior to dispatch because my payment details were incorrect. And I had ordered that several weeks beforehand.

I figured they charge on dispatch.

My bad, checked the FAQ and the 1 hour thing was for in stock items only. You're charged instantly using PayPal still and the guy who said he was charged by Simply said they had literally just placed the order, so it wasn't a waiting thing.

Umm guys, I just checked my bank account and SimplyGames have taken money from my account. I don't use SimplyGames too often - only once to get MGSV early - but do they usually take money from you as soon as you've placed your order or just as they're about to dispatch (because for what it's worth, mine says it's pending dispatch).

They take payment once they dispatch - unless you pre-ordered a while back:
"Payment for order will be captured when we dispatch your items unless your order was placed more than 28 days before the official release date. In this case your payment will be captured within 21 days of your order placed."

I ordered from them this morning and my screen shows the same info:
9fe0660182.png

Any news from Simply Games?

Someone earlier reported that their card had been charged but I can't check my account.

Based on the above info and the fact that mine shows the same "Pending Dispatch" status, yet I haven't been charged suggests that they aren't going to be sending them early... I'm keeping the order until the end of the week though just in case!

Goldrusher

It's probably just a glitch.

They'll fix the glitch and you won't be receiving a game anymore.
It'll just work itself out naturally.

Shin-chan

My bad, checked the FAQ and the 1 hour thing was for in stock items only. You're charged instantly using PayPal still and the guy who said he was charged by Simply said they had literally just placed the order, so it wasn't a waiting thing.
Ah fair enough, thanks for checking.

Oh well. I imagine it will arrive early but two weeks early was wishful thinking.

If these Amazon orders do actually ship then at least we know retailers are receiving stock and could dispatch at any time.

HardRojo

Welp, with this and Civil War coming out this week in many countries, it's time to be extremely careful on the Internet.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
//wrong thread.

Amazon keeps delivering all uncharted 4's around 8 PM / 20 o'clock?

Shouldn't there be also some people with other estimated delivery times? Amazon is usually on spot with their estimated times and it seems strange that everyone has the exact same expected time.
I know the order is a glitch, but my Amazon orders always say by 8pm.

Synless

Mine says it will be here today. But... I noticed there is no charge to my bank for the game so I find it unlikely.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh my this thread is embarrassing with all the whiners about the release date. Get a fucking grip you babies.

nemisis0

Found someone in london selling copies for £60 but they just want to meet up rather then go back to whatever store they work at hmmm...

rhino4evr

It seems my order still shows the Pre-Prime 20% price as well.

At this point, the only way it's arriving today, is if they use an independent courier service that doesn't post tracking info for same day shipping.

I'd say my chances and most of your chances are pretty slim. At least in the US. No idea why copies are showing up in Europe so early.

DLaicH

Huh, mine also says it's arriving today, but there's no tracking info, so I don't believe it.

In the meantime I'm still waiting for something that I ordered with Prime shipping last Tuesday. What's going on over there, Amazon?!

jjgzee

Banned
I hope there's some truth to this because Amazon says my copy will arrive today. But I'm leaning toward this being a glitch since there's hasn't been a shipping notification yet. I guess there's a slim chance it'll just arrive without tracking, but I doubt it..

Synless

It seems my order still shows the Pre-Prime 20% price as well.

At this point, the only way it's arriving today, is if they use an independent courier service that doesn't post tracking info for same day shipping.

I'd say my chances and most of your chances are pretty slim. At least in the US. No idea why copies are showing up in Europe so early.
This is where I am. If it shows, sweet. Without tracking though I am doubting this highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom