• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit...

Anyone ordered Uncharted 4 through Amazon UK today and had their order go straight through? I'm pre-ordered with ShopTo but will switch orders in a heartbeat if it gets dispatched today or tomorrow!

When you say went through straight away what you mean? I just tried it and it's listed as pre-order.

Hopefully this means I can find a street broken copy soon. Cmon NYC, pull through!
I got Uncharted 2 about 2 weeks early as well so that would be sweet. :)

Calmine

Doesn't look mine will be arriving early. I ordered the special edition off Amazon and is still showing delivery for May 10th. Ah well, I don't mind waiting.

OK, so as far as I know, some of the ways to avoid spoilers are:

-Avoid YouTube comments
-Avoid Reddit comments
-Avoid most forums

Anything else?
Nate dies in chapter 1, but his soul is then consumed by a Jeep and you spend the rest of the game playing as a wise-cracking 4x4. The final boss takes place at Volkswagen headquarters, where you have to defeat the VW board of directors in the wake of the fuel emissions scandal.

filly

Holy shit...

Anyone ordered Uncharted 4 through Amazon UK today and had their order go straight through? I'm pre-ordered with ShopTo but will switch orders in a heartbeat if it gets dispatched today or tomorrow!

I don't think that it works like that. At least for me, I pre-ordered in January 22nd 2016.
If you go to track my package right now you can see that it claims to be arriving on Friday 29th April.

However i'm willing to be that if you place the order now that you will be on the 10th of May. I think that this glitch has something to do specifically from when the order was placed and if the date of release changed between now and then.

I don't think that it works like that. At least for me, I pre-ordered in January 22nd 2016.
If you go to track my package right now you can see that it claims to be arriving on Friday 29th April.

However i'm willing to be that if you place the order now that you will be on the 10th of May. I think that this glitch has something to do specifically from when the order was placed and if the date of release changed between now and then.

Oh well. This must be karma for me getting Dark Souls III 3 weeks early via that exploit with the Japanese Xbox One store.

m4st4

Nate dies in chapter 1, but his soul is then consumed by a Jeep and you spend the rest of the game playing as a wise-cracking 4x4. The final boss takes place at Volkswagen headquarters, where you have to defeat the VW board of directors in the wake of the fuel emissions scandal.

Qdfssnr.gif

How dare you.

Hasney

Nothing in the Leeds CEX, might just be people trading in individual copies rather than a stock CEX got hold of

hew9753

I have the "Arriving by 8pm" status for my shipment but I doubt it's legit. Like others have said it's most likely just a holdover from the old release date. I haven't gotten an email saying it's shipped.

wbEMX

Amazon.de hasn't dispatched my Special Edition. I have ordered a standard edition right now just to see what happens. :D

oti

Banned
Called all the retailers in my area. None of them have it in stock.

;__;

Of course they would say that those lying bastards.

Woffls

Aww i was gonna order it until i saw Amazon were selling for £44. Think I will wait it out a few months on his one.

Wasn't today a previous release date? It's probably just a glitch in the system saying that it's being shipped today based on previous release dates. I'm not holding out hope, but if I do get U4 tonight...sure, why not?

wbEMX

Called all the retailers in my area. None of them have it in stock.

;__;

Of course they would say that those lying bastards.

I mean, they risk their asses by doing that. AFAIK you have to pay charges as a shop when the publisher notices you broke the street date. At least it's technically like that in german law. Wonder how Media Markt gets away with it. They always break street dates by about two days, especially if it's a Nintendo title.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
There's no tracking number or anything... I'm just gonna mark this down as a false alarm so when I get home and it's actually in my mailbox, I can scream my head off in excitement until I pass out.

Boke1879

I don't care about the delay. I just don't want to tiptoe around spoilers for two weeks. Even here on GAF you never know what some people will post.

Nice!

I know but this happens all the time with high profile releases. If GameStop broke street date yea you can beat Sony would give the green light

LiK

Why did ND even delay it in the first place? April 26 was the release date for a long time. Clearly retailers have it, and it went gold in late March... I don't understand

According to Arne, it was to print more copies for worldwide distribution.

Mine says its arriving by 8PM today. I'm pretty skeptical as there is no tracking number provided but it would make for a nice surprise. Ordered the standard edition on June 9th 2014 using Prime 2 day shipping and I'm in Chicago, IL if it matters.

Have the exact same thing as theyoungwolf's screenshot.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This is basically the same thing as buying a lottery ticket. You're never gonna win. But the ticket is so that you can fantasize about the prize.

I would love to see what panic mode looks like at sony and naughty dog right now. My only question is though, why was the game delayed if its ready to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom