• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Man these are some strong ass vines.... Conveniently placed strong ass vines. :lol :lol
You'd think he would have some rope at least, but hey why bring it when you get vines!

AAAAGGGGHHHH!
fell after getting so far!

The climbing system feels like what Assassin's Creed's should have felt like.

Edit: Just made it to the top. Looking out over the forest with the sun setting and the birds flying everywhere. Unfuckingbelievably beautiful. Wow...

It's just too bad the trees becoming a blurry mess after a while. But it's to be expected, I am still impressed.

Edit2: On the U-Boat now

Edit3: 3 treasures found. Have I missed any so far?

Edit4:
Was that the Capitol building I saw stamped on the coins?!?!?!?!

The_Inquisitor said:
Man these are some strong ass vines.... Conveniently placed strong ass vines. :lol :lol
You'd think he would have some rope at least, but hey why bring it when you get vines!

AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Edit: Just made it to the top. Looking out over the forest with the sun setting and the birds flying everywhere. Unfuckingbelievably beautiful. Wow...

It's just too bad the trees becoming a blurry mess after a while. But it's to be expected, I am still impressed.

Edit4:

Just so you know... I plan on reading EVERYTHING you write down about this game here until you've completed it. Entertaining and it feels like going through the game again with a fresh mind.

mr_nothin

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:

AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Edit4:

Lol, this is like Twitter for gaming

Grayman

The_Inquisitor said:

AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Edit4:
I am not sure if you missed some treasures(they do start off slow) but with 60 in the game i would not worry about getting them in one go.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Stop doing this live blogging thing The_Inquisitor and immerse yourself in the game. Personally, nothing bothers me more then having to pause every few minutes when I'm watching a movie I love to take notes. I can't imagine how annoying that would be for a game (never mind a game I'm playing through for the first time). =p

But hey, it's entertaining, so whatever floats your boat. ;)

I don't mind. My laptop sits next to my PS3 anyways on my desk. I surf the internet and play at the same time a lot. :lol :lol

I'm taking a break, but I will play later tonight. Great experience so far.

satriales

The_Inquisitor said:
I just started replaying Uncharted today to try and get all of the treasures.
There are 6 in chapter 2, so you've missed 3 but you'll want to play the game again anyway so don't worry about them on your first playthrough.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The_Inquisitor said:
I don't mind. My laptop sits next to my PS3 anyways on my desk. I surf the internet and play at the same time a lot. :lol :lol

Fair enough. :)

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game. It's one of my favourite games on the PS3.

Synless

Mejilan said:
I've been busy with other games, I guess. :/
You need to get on this. You won't be disappointed. I know your all about that portable shit, but you need to step up to play one of the best games released on any system this gen. Also this page is depressingly devoid of pics....

The_Inquisitor said:

Nice to hear you are enjoying it. I think I have beaten it like 5 times now :lol

Hard, Crushing, Hard (Trophies), Crushing (Trophies), then again on and off whenever I decided to pop it in.

Heh, I have to finish some lab reports for next week. If I finish them now, I will feel less guilty about playing Uncharted the entire weekend later. :lol :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mejilan said:
I've been busy with other games, I guess. :/

Buy Uncharted.

I'm 99.97% positive that you won't be disappointed. And if you live in EU you have no choice since it's not full-priced like in America.

AKS

It's cool to see people still discovering this fantastic game. I got it before it's actual release date due to the GameStop guys being clueless and played it like mad. I've played through it twice to 100% and still enjoy playing it now and then. It's a masterpiece.

Oh SHIT Nate. You didn't just hit the....

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT SHIT SHIT...

HAHAHAHAHA
SHE HIT HIM!
:lol :lol :lol

Edit3: Finally a new weapon.

The_Inquisitor said:
Oh SHIT Nate. You didn't just hit the....

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT SHIT SHIT...

HAHAHAHAHA
SHE HIT HIM!
:lol :lol :lol

Edit3: Finally a new weapon.
Keep it up man, I'm enjoying reading your commentary :lol

Ok so far so good. Just crossed the earlier deathcasm, continuing to follow the little red flare road.

I got a pretty hot girl and an AK-47. Things can't get any worse.... right?

Edit1: Enjoying the fact the AI responds to being shot at instead of standing like a statue.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ballistictiger said:
Even if I beat this game over 7 times it's nice to read these commentaries.
Same here.:lol I love people's first time reactions to games I love. My roommate just finished HL2 and it was the same there. I'm going to keep reading these all the way through.

I bet they love that they are getting killed by their own dirty mercenary weapons. lulz

Edit1: Oh shit! Just did barrel roll to other cover. Aw snap! I got 99 problems but a barrel roll aint one.

Edit2: Dumbass just blew himself up with a grenade.

Edit3: Two headshots from high cover. Guess I should start working on that trophy

Edit4: How nice, the idiots forgot to pull up the rope.

Edit5: Poor guy. I just snapped his neck cleanly... Damn that was brutal...

Edit6: Why in GODS name would you paint a jeep that color of orange. Yeah the 2 palms leaves do a great job of camouflaging the jeep. Nicely done...

Edit7: And now the plane scene from the trailers I remember watching.

What the hell was that..? Flak baby!

BAILOUT.GIF

Of course. You just jump, count to 5, and pull the cord. :lol :lol :lol

Owned! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I love how he just talks to himself... :lol

Edit10: The waterfalls in this game are really cool. And yes.... I ran into the water.

Edit11: Just saw Tucan Sam. Gunna see if I can shoot him.

Edit12: He just screamed and ran away. AWWWWWWW

Edit13: Should have expected this. Sixaxis log balance time!

Edit14: Ten headshots baby!

Edit15: Ok let's see. An open area with a bunch of baddies waiting for me. Instead of finding a way around, I think ill headshot the AK-47er and barrel roll around some cover.

Edit16: GODDAM NATE. HE WAS STANDING FUCKING STILL YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF.....

For christs sake. Can I get a chance for some ammo? Brutal combo-ing the guy with a shotgun just seems like a no win situation...

Edit1: OOOHHH SHIT! I just double kicked him!!!!

Hmmmm... Pump Shotty or AK....

I'll go ak for now.

Edit2: Damn Nate, you just kicked a rusty gate. Could have tried maybe.... OPENING IT?

Edit3: Why the hell do these Mercs look like they are dressed to be back up singers for a Hip Hop artists. The do-rags are cracking me up. :lol

Edit4: Ok and just jumped over unkickable gate into a greener area. Maybe a quick breather?

Edit5: Nope just got f-ed.

Edit6: Haha wtf? Did he just say "I'm good at this" when I got my 20th headshot?

Edit7: Coming up on a ruined bridge. hmmm

Cause im smart, I looked right and jump to the ledges instead of trying to jump the gap. How many of you guys tried jumping first time?

Edit8: AW COME ON. LET ME FINISH MY JUMP BEFORE YOU START SHOOTING JERKS!

Edit9: Apparently the quickest way across this bridge is a godamm zigzag. Ah well, enjoying the scenery of an impending death.

Edit10: Great they have a jeep. But an explosive barrel in back. HMMMMMMM

EPIC!!!!!
The truck made the bridge! :lol :lol :lol
BUT OF COURSE I MISS THE JUMP AND PLUNGE TO MY DEATH.

Damn I hope that guy wasn't still conscious. That would really hurt.

Don't worry, I already figured out the pro-tip. :lol :lol

Edit1: Wow that's kind of disappointing. No footprints in sandy area. THE SHIRT. IS WET. however

Edit2: Wow that was really cool how the roots came out of the ground when I jumped on the tree. NAUGHTY DOG = REDEEMED

EDIT3: Alright cleared the plane area. Going to rescue my sexy companion.

rc213

The_Inquisitor said:
Damn I hope that guy wasn't still conscious. That would really hurt.

Don't worry, I already figured out the pro-tip. :lol :lol

Edit1: Wow that's kind of disappointing. No footprints in sandy area. THE SHIRT. IS WET. however

Edit2: Wow that was really cool how the roots came out of the ground when I jumped on the tree. NAUGHTY DOG = REDEEMED

Enjoying it I see!

I'm glad, I passed both games at least 3 times. :O

rc213 said:
Enjoying it I see!

I'm glad, I passed both games at least 3 times. :O

Yea man how are you enjoying Killzone and Resistance?

Did all this rock climbing make anyone else want to go do some themselves? Seriously, I want to fucking rock climb now.

Edit1: That pan back toward Nate looking at the horizon was a really nice touch. It really gives you a sense of scale when looking at Nate against the Cliffs.

The_Dude

I finished this recently and found 56 of the 60 treasures. Not that I mind playing through this awesome game again, but I was so damn close!

"Oh God wasn't I just out here?" :lol :lol :lol :lol

Naughty Dog really nailed down Nate's character.

EDIT: AAAAAWWWWWWWW I MISSED MY JUMP!

EDIT2: NO I DON'T NEED YOUR STUPID HINT, I NEED MY DAMN JUMP!

EDIT: Hell yea busted through that window!

Edit3: OH SNAP UZI!

RoboPlato said:
I still can't make that last vine regularly. :lol It's the only thing in this game I don't have down to a science.

Beautiful shot over the water again. Damn this gen is good.

Edit: Haha it worked.

oh boy...

Edit3: Well i'm exhausted so I think I am done for tonight. Will carry on tomorrow!

Trying to beat this on Crushing. Wow, it actually makes Killzone 2 Elite look like childs play and that is saying alot. Excellent game btw, I completed it about 6 times now. Maybe more.

Top Bottom