• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

AKyemeni

I never saw any? where? certainly not in the SP campaign I dont think

Yup. They were there, at least on Crushing.

BTW, my stats for crushing were:

Total time spent: 7:54:48
Total Treasures: 23/68
Photo Opportunities Found: 15/28
Optional Conversations started: 11/17
Lock boxes opened: 14/21
Weapons used: 21/24

Total Enemies defeated: 489
Checkpoints failed or restarted : 108

JP

The Season Pass doesn't include Jak:
Yeah, I appreciate that it does say that but it has been sending me mixed messages.

Because you do still need to pre-order The Lost Legacy and when I did that, for free, and it told me then that Jak & Daxter was included and when I try to download my pre-order it brings up three error messages, one for Jak & Daxter, one for The Lost Legacy and one for the Lost legacy dynamic theme.

In each of the three error messages, it says the exact same thing...
PSN said:
This is pre-order content, and it is not yet available for download. (CE-3629-4)
...which again suggests that it does want to give me to have Jak & Daxter.

Maybe if you do wait until release day and just download everything instead of pre-ordering The Lost Legacy as the email instructions told us to do then you won't actually get it because you haven't pre-ordered it as instructed.

We'll find out soon enough.

Whatever happens, I will actually be buying the USA versions of the Jak & Daxter games anyway because I imagine this will the same issues that other UK PS2 on PS4 games have.

EDIT:
Forget everything I said, I hadn't checked my Library, it's already there waiting for me.

IMG_0690.jpg

JP

I'm starting a new post just to make sure this doesn't get missed by anybody.

If you bought the Digital Deluxe edition of Uncharted 4 and you want Jak & Daxter for free, YOU PROBABLY HAVE TO PRE-ORDER THE LOST LEGACY NOW (IT'S FREE) TO GET JAK & DAXTER FOR FREE It does say it is only included with pre-order versions, people with the Digital Deluxe edition should see The Lost Legacy for pre-order for free at the moment, just to be sure, pre-order it when you can rather than waiting for the games to actually release.

LiK

I just beat it. Got an early copy from Best Buy, lmao

Loved it. Perfectly paced and really solid. Probably my favorite in the franchise now. I didn't know I wanted more Uncharted until I played this.

I give it a 10/10. 5 stars. 100/100. A+. Recommended. YES.

I purchased the Triple Pack, went to the store to start the download, saw it said 'Pre-order Free', did it, and ended up getting the dynamic theme that I thought I wasn't getting because of the Triple Pack. Awesome! Thanks Sony/ND for including us in that. I thought that shipped sailed long ago.

I purchased the Triple Pack, went to the store to start the download, saw it said 'Pre-order Free', did it, and ended up getting the dynamic theme that I thought I wasn't getting because of the Triple Pack. Awesome! Thanks Sony/ND for including us in that. I thought that shipped sailed long ago.

Quick question for you or anyone that can answer. I did the same as you and got the theme last week but I went in there now after receiving an email just now about the preload, and I don't see any way to actually preload. All I see is a count down clock now. Does that mean I'm good to go?

Quick question for you or anyone that can answer. I did the same as you and got the theme last week but I went in there now after receiving an email just now about the preload, and I don't see any way to actually preload. All I see is a count down clock now. Does that mean I'm good to go?
Check your library because the pre-load is now live so when I did the checkout, it just started right away. There may be a link in the store to download as well.

I believe there's a check you have to mark on the timer screen, maybe that will start it?

stryke

As long as you have the box ticked and your PS4 is on or in rest mode it should be fine.

Check your library because the pre-load is now live so when I did the checkout, it just started right away. There may be a link in the store to download as well.

Hmm nothing in my library. I went back and looked at the clock and it does 'Playable In:' before it so hopefully that means I'm good to go. Thanks though for the quick reply.

Gitaroo

Is jak and dexter ps4 actually listed in the NA store atm? Can't find it on Canadian store. Wonder if Ill get it since it preorder with the "free" lost legacy with my explorer pass.

Hmm nothing in my library. I went back and looked at the clock and it does 'Playable In:' before it so hopefully that means I'm good to go. Thanks though for the quick reply.
If you do rest mode, my pre-loads almost always start and finish sometime Sunday early in the morning EST so it'll probably go automatically.

I don't know of a way to 'refresh' your library but someone else here might.

If you do rest mode, my pre-loads almost always start and finish sometime Sunday early in the morning EST so it'll probably go automatically.

I don't know of a way to 'refresh' your library but someone else here might.

Thanks. I did see a thumbs up icon that wasn't checked so I checked that now. Hopefully it's good to go

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Nice. If I knew I would get the game three days early, I would have picked shipping instead of in store pickup. Oh well. At least im on vacation this week so it's all good.

Tratorn

I'm starting a new post just to make sure this doesn't get missed by anybody.

If you bought the Digital Deluxe edition of Uncharted 4 and you want Jak & Daxter for free, YOU PROBABLY HAVE TO PRE-ORDER THE LOST LEGACY NOW (IT'S FREE) TO GET JAK & DAXTER FOR FREE It does say it is only included with pre-order versions, people with the Digital Deluxe edition should see The Lost Legacy for pre-order for free at the moment, just to be sure, pre-order it when you can rather than waiting for the games to actually release.

Thanks, just did that and it worked flawlessly (EU here). Pretty cool to get J&D as well now.

And it works for everyone who owns the Triple Pack, you don't need the Digital Deluxe Edition.

TripOpt55

Started the pre-load earlier! It feels so close, yet so far. Never pre-ordered digitally before. Seeing the game tile there is definitely increasing the hype!

MAX PAYMENT

I just beat it. Got an early copy from Best Buy, lmao

Loved it. Perfectly paced and really solid. Probably my favorite in the franchise now. I didn't know I wanted more Uncharted until I played this.

I give it a 10/10. 5 stars. 100/100. A+. Recommended. YES.

What is your opinion on U4's pacing?

Zweisy1

Uncharted is THE main reason why reviews scores for hyped AAA games dont matter all that much to me anymore. Just can't understand why games as shallow and undynamic as Uncharted 2 or 4 gets 10s and 9s left and right as polished and technically sound as they are.
There's countless of games that have metacritic in the 70 something that have been infinitely more enjoyable to me.

Dmax3901

Just finished it, really hard to fault it, I'll post a link to my review when I get a chance to put pen to paper (so to speak).

Uncharted is THE main reason why reviews scores for hyped AAA games dont matter all that much to me anymore. Just can't understand why games as shallow and undynamic as Uncharted 2 or 4 gets 10s and 9s left and right as polished and technically sound as they are.
There's countless of games that have metacritic in the 70 something that have been infinitely more enjoyable to me.

Do you know why I have bolded parts of your comment?

You don't understand why people have different opinions?

Uncharted is pretty dynamic actually, its combat in partcular.

GTA games for me are ''70''(score) enjoyable. That doesn't mean that they do not deserve goty awards.

GReeeeN

Anyone else getting "cannot add the following content to downloads, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, this is pre ordered content and is not yet available for download"

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I disagree but which games do you feel have been slapped with 70 something scores that you believe exceed Uncharted?

Zweisy1

Okay I could have worded that better, I have no problem with people enjoying them or even considering them their favorite games or whatever.. its just this being hailed as some near perfect masterpieces across the gaming media when so much of the game consists of semi-automated jumps and completely mindless "puzzles" that spell out the solution you.. those only seems to be there to waste time and not challenge the player in any way. Now they have improved on the gunplay a great deal and the story, characters and presentation is great and deserve praise. Just don't know why the shortcomings don't get more critizism by .

I do enjoy the series enough to have played through them all except the 3rd installment.. To me CTR and the first Jak games are still the most fun things Naughty Dog ever developed, but yes that's completely subjective.

funny AF that you're saying this about UC2 when its a lot of people's game of the year. Of course you're entitled to your wrong opinion

Okay I could have worded that better, I have no problem with people enjoying them or even considering them their favorite games or whatever.. its just this being hailed as some near perfect masterpieces across the gaming media when so much of the game consists of semi-automated jumps and completely mindless "puzzles" that spell out the solution you.. those only seems to be there to waste time and not challenge the player in any way. Now they have improved on the gunplay a great deal and the story, characters and presentation is great and deserve praise. Just don't know why the shortcomings don't get more critizism by .

I do enjoy the series enough to have played through them all except the 3rd installment.. To me CTR and the first Jak games are still the most fun things Naughty Dog ever developed, but yes that's completely subjective.

What's wrong with games that are not challenge?

Alienous

It isn't meant to be a challenge, but that doesn't make it a waste of time. They don't need to assess your lateral thinking skills, or your ability to use your thumbs. People don't play it for the gunplay. Its goals are to be exciting, and thrilling - the entire experience, narrative, set-pieces and all. And it suceeds, based on the review scores.

those only seems to be there to waste time and not challenge the player in any way.
Have you played Uncharted on Crushing?

You sound like the stereotypical gamer who plays Uncharted on Normal and then complains about it being "too easy"...

If you want extra challenge, I suggest to play the MP too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

I'm not sure why that's an issue, though. These aren't platformers but those sections don't feel like a waste of time either.

I think the issue is that coming out and slagging a series and suggesting that reviewers are being too kind is going to rub people the wrong way when, in reality, it's just a matter of tastes.

I mean, there are a lot of popular games that I do not like at all. I genuinely hate MOBAs, digital card games, Minecraft and the like...but I would never suggest that they are bad games or even less than great games. Same deal with the critically acclaimed Witcher 3 - just a tedious thing that rubs me the wrong way. All the empty space between areas feels like busy work to me - I don't find running across large open worlds to be even remotely enjoyable. I don't like it but I wouldn't question reviews in the 9/10 range either as I can tell that it's very well made.

Uncharted is an incredibly well made series but, like anything else, the type of experience it provides doesn't appeal to everyone. I can enjoy games like Uncharted and even less interactive games like Tacoma just as much as stuff like Bloodborne or Sonic Mania. All super different but all interesting.

Top Bottom