• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
well Nebraska just reinstated death penalty..

seriously everything is going wrong with this election

Most pissed about this, actually. I voted to Retain. I can't believe all these ignorant "Christian" idiots don't understand one of Christ's highest principles: Turn the other cheek, No longer an eye for an eye.

Even if you aren't religious, killing someone takes way more money than housing for life, and verifiably innocent people have been put to death...

Fuck you Nebraskans. You could have made a difference.

CazTGG

I'm this close to crying, folks.

How did this happen? Last year, Canada voted for a leader who, while certainly flawed, delivered a message of hope and unity against a bigot and islamophobe who used fear tactics and planned on creating a "barbaric hotline". I did not expect to see the opposite to happen to our neighboring nation, let alone for it to be as close as it's been.

prag16

Banned
The takeaway from this election, and the thing we all probably underestimated, is how easily and fiercely stupid people can be mobilized, as evidence by the sudden surge of Trump supporters popping up in this thread. I would love for anybody who supports or voted for Trump but swears they aren't ignorant and/or a racist to give me one policy or position of his, just one, that you agree with or support that A) isn't rooted in some kind of hate, bigotry, or racism or b) is an ACTUAL position, and not just him saying "it'll be great I'll fix it i promise"

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Big surprise, you (and many others here) have learned nothing.

Copper

Only thing I can hope for is FFXV being GOTY. Other than that this year has been fuck beyond proportions. Things will only getting worse.

welp certainly didn't expect this. GAF you have steered me wrong. You assured me this dude couldn't win and look at you now. I had no dog in the fight being a Belgian but wtf guys.

Eusis

We warned you about Brexit.

Maybe those of you who dismissed us should've fucking listened.
Only if we were also stupid enough to not vote. I had the mentality of "we're probably ok but I should vote just to cement why CA is a safe blue state." And it probably is, but people without that mentality in PA, VA, etc just fucked us over.

I thought for sure Trump had no chance of breaking 300, but he is really pushing it close(will likely not reach it but just the fact that hes pushing it at around 1am est is wild). Basically romney's strategy was to get independents/people who had never voted republ;ican before/democrats to vote republican whereas Trump's was to get disillusioned blue collar republicans who were sitting out the elections to vote again. Prolly wont work again in four years, but it worked surprisingly well in the old rust belt this year.

Supast4r

That is giving them too much credit.

It was a double knock out blow of the Democratic candidate being weak, and the Democratic party itself constantly shielding the weak candidate.

Even large swaths of the left were not excited to vote for the candidate and it showed.

The right came in frothing at the mouth and ready for action because they were told their house was falling down and they were going to imminently die unless they did something to take their country back.

The left was told to suck it up and vote because that was the best they were going to get and they should be lucky to get that.

There is literally only one way the situation turns out in a situation like this. We've seen it many times before.
Honestly this is extremely accurate and reflects the democratic fuckup. I voted for Bernie in the primary but switched my alliance because I thought that Hillary was the best person to lead this country (I still do but that doesn't matter at this point)

Apathy

Whoever run in 2020 against Trump gotta play fire with fire! He liked Shittin on people.. whoever run gonna have to SHIT on him too

Kanye can win apparently. Thats all it takes to win in the U S of A. Fuck experience, fuck civility. Should have learned, if the US can elect Reagan, it can elect Trump and it can keep sliding down

Dynasty8

upAInLP.jpg

You forgot the Wii U.

Veitsev

I'd like to apologize to anyone I mocked for saying this wasn't going to be like Brexit. I didn't think Americans were above doing this, but I thought the increased diversity in the United States would prevent this outcome. I was wrong. This is worse than Brexit.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Van Jones man. I was pretty chill tonight, but he broke me down.

28 years in this country. I've never felt like I've belonged here. I don't want to get more into details, but let's just say whenever I asked for help, or felt down, I had to get through it myself because no one wanted to extend a hand.

Trump wins, and all the hatred and abandonment I've felt over the years, has now been justified by this country.

I guess the good news is that now I don't feel like I'm tied to this country anymore.

You can have the country back, becuase clearly, it never belonged to me.

PsychBat!

Banned
ARE WHITE PEOPLE'S FEELINGS HURT?

WHO GIVES A SHIT

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SarusGray

Believe it or not America is still pretty damn dope. Despite all the upset people in here I would never want to live anywhere else.

We'll figure this shit out and get past it. America is still a great ass country in my eyes despite a result I wasn't wanting.

Love my Canada bro's and gals too though so you can't go wrong there I'm sure.

agreed. America is wonderful. Being a genderqueer person with a great job and great company. I'm very happy here.

Pryce

Hillary is the biggest political failure I will likely ever see. Complete and utter failure.

As a college going straight white guy I have little to lose, but I fear for many others. I hope this wakes the Democrats up.

Feel bad for Obama.

Miracle

He loves women and apparently women love him. At least some women.

And quite frankly, some women are just fucking stupid. Yes I said it. Fucking idiots.

Some, beyond comprehension, are ok with being treated like 2nd class citizens, content with rape, content with being assaulted upon, anti-choice, just mind boggling.

I'm sorry I'm just legit angry right now about all this. I'm in complete shock of what I witnessed today and terrified of this country's...hell this entire world's future.

Between Brexit, and now this? What the hell happened? What's next, legalizing slavery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom