• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
1081.gif

Are you being serious right now?

I know, it's crazy.

Trump has 4 years to do a worse job don't count him out!

GRIP

30 year old registered republican here. Voted democrat across the board. Were ALL the polls wrong or did Dems just not turn out (surprise)?

SwolBro

Banned
ARE WHITE PEOPLE'S FEELINGS HURT?

WHO GIVES A SHIT

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

this type of divide is what helped Trump win.

=(

Is it racist when the overwhelming majority of a race voted for him? Gosh, the next four years is going to be this isn't it? "Don't hurt while people's feelings", those poor straight white men who won't be impacted by this election in the slightest. Us minorities should respect them and be nice to them, we shouldn't condone them for voting for a leader who could undo the years of progress we've been fighting for..

I can't help but laugh uncontrollably at the notion that white people are being oppressed. Made my night a bit brighter

ItIsOkBro

Trump is ahead 30k in PA at 97% reporting in.

Obamacare is done
Climate change legislation is done
The senate, house and SCOTUS will all be controlled by modern tea party supporting republicans

This is the most hellish political scenario I could imagine for this country. A rapist is about to reach the highest office in the land. I blame white republican voters, the DNC, Hillary and Debbie.
Abortions illegal, marriage equality overturned... the list goes on

A guy could be elected president that did not release his tax returned. We religiously entrusted ourselves to this guy.

I also seriously wonder what Comey's play had to do with this.

Only thing I can hope for is FFXV being GOTY. Other than that this year has been fuck beyond proportions. Things will only getting worse.
I wish we already had it so I could get lost in that world, not this one. Buh/bye ACA. Even thought I have healthcare, 20M in jeopardy my god. Roe v Wade in play now like fuck so much shit

Okay, so racism is fine. Violence? Your argument doesn't draw lines. It eliminates them and destroys agency.

It is patently wrong.

You don't get it, if Tumblr has taught me anything is that you can't be racist against white people, and if they are males they can't be raped either
I'm a white guy BTW and I hope it's made clear there's sarcasm in there

ha1f

You need to realize minorities and their allies have never thrown the first stone in that department. If Trump supporters want respect, they need to give up the ghost on their hatred and xenophobia. Then maybe we can have a conversation.

You're talking about the vocal supporters. Clearly more than those people voted. It's not just about having a conversation. It's not about dealing with blatantly racist people. It's about not disenfranchising Americans who don't understand diversity because of where they come so that we can even start talking.

It's not our job to make it so that white people "get it", but in this case, I feel it was our job to make sure they weren't defensive from a place of ignorance. And I think we fucked it up.

They felt attacked, they reacted.

Esiquio

So you're okay with racism against white people, is what I'm getting here. Please tell me how I completely misunderstand what you are trying to get at. As other posters in here have noted, we should not be divided against each other like that, it's not positive or healthy for our community.

The takeaway from this election, and the thing we all probably underestimated, is how easily and fiercely stupid people can be mobilized, as evidence by the sudden surge of Trump supporters popping up in this thread. I would love for anybody who supports or voted for Trump but swears they aren't ignorant and/or a racist to give me one policy or position of his, just one, that you agree with or support that A) isn't rooted in some kind of hate, bigotry, or racism or b) is an ACTUAL position, and not just him saying "it'll be great I'll fix it i promise"

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Can this be quoted evry page

Dalibor68

Banned
You can't be racist against whites.
Bullshit racist statements like that are why this result has come to pass in the first place. When will you learn? You can not generalize and racially insult 65% of the country like they are some evil hivemind and then be surprised people are pissed off by that. Shitty attitude like yours literally drove people to the orange madman.

I'm this close to crying, folks.

How did this happen? Last year, Canada voted for a leader who, while certainly flawed, delivered a message of hope and unity against a bigot and islamophobe who used fear tactics and planned on creating a "barbaric hotline". I did not expect to see the opposite to happen to our neighboring nation, let alone for it to be as close as it's been.

A President doesn't have total power to do what he wills. You're acting like the world ends tomorrow. We had loons before!

Minorities in America: "Same crap, different day."

So it's bad when white people are racist, but it's okay when black people are.

...I just cant....

White people just became responsible for electing a man as leader of our nation who can barely read, who has no regard for our political process, who is an absolute fucking joke to the rest of the world.

This is not the fucking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom