• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well personally I don't really give much of a shit what they think about it. It's our election, not theirs.

It reminds me of when Obama went over to the UK and tried to preach at the British to stay in the EU. Even as an American it rubbed me wrong and came off as incredibly tone deaf. Concern trolling from foreigners is at best annoying and at worst patronizing as fuck. Leave us alone and let us make our own bed as we've been doing for the last 200+ years, please.

EDIT: and yeah that's Quincy, who is BY FAR the most experienced person ever elected to the office.

Yeah, it's not like the election of a new leader in the US impacts the rest of the world in a large way or anything...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok sorry not sorry but I've got to say it. I'm extremely annoyed with all this concern trolling I see in this tread from posters not from the US.

You people do realize you are posting on an extremely left leaning message board right? Telling us to "do the right thing" is very condescending and insulting. Almost all of us are "doing the right thing".

Take a look at an electoral college map or something. Educate yourselves and quit coming in here sounding dumb.

Also you people can fuck off with this best of two bad choices bullshit. Hillary is hands down the most qualified candidate to ever run for president.

You say this, and yet the fact remains that a guy like Donald Trump is actually now one of the final two people vying to become the PRESIDENT of your country.

So yeah, do the right thing, ok folks?

pa22word

chill out there's nothing wrong with people being interested in our election.

It's not like they can actually vote in it anyway let them discuss. The more discussion the better.

Oh I have no problem with people being interested and discussing it. Free country, after all. It's just that the whole "please america do the right thing! vote the way /I/ want you too!", even as someone who voted for Clinton, is just endlessly irritating.

I really hope if Hillary wins one of the mods will immediately turn that place into r/The_Hillary and auto play "Celebration" just to piss off everyone there. At least that would show it was just a troll subreddit all along.

Price of salt is going to drop as supply is going to sky rocket.

I'm lurking the alt right scum ponds, should be a day to remember

eggandI

Banned
Well personally I don't really give much of a shit what they think about it. It's our election, not theirs.

It reminds me of when Obama went over to the UK and tried to preach at the British to stay in the EU. Even as an American it rubbed me wrong. Concern trolling from foreigners is at best annoying and at worst patronizing as fuck. Leave us alone and let us make our own bed as we've been doing for the last 200+ years, please.

EDIT: and yeah that's Quincy, who is BY FAR the most experienced person ever elected to the office.

Lol at this ignorant dogshit. We have spent generations building relationships with countries around the world to make things more prosperous and safer (insert huge asterisk here). Do you really think people are incapable of caring about the state of another country's politics? It's just concern trolling?

People are completely right to be concerned and embarrassed that a joke of a person like Trump has gotten as far as he has in our elections

Oh I have no problem with people being interested and discussing it. Free country, after all. It's just that the whole "please america do the right thing! vote the way /I/ want you too!", even as someone who voted for Clinton, is just endlessly irritating.

Then next time don't nominate someone as dangerous as Trump and give him a shot at the Presidency so the rest of the world don't have to worry about you all screwing up the rest of us.

pa22word

Lol at this ignorant dogshit.

k

It's just concern trolling?

It certainly comes off that way.

It's not anyone's place but the American people to come to their own conclusions as to elect the President of the United States. We don't need your help and your concern to make a decision. We've had over a year to hash it out ourselves, and a 200+ year old system to get us there.

Then next time don't nominate someone as dangerous as Trump and give him a shot at the Presidency so the rest of the world don't have to worry about you all screwing up the rest of us.

I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks about it.

Vindicator

What a fucking shit-show, doesn't matter who wins, they're both puppets anyway, keep voting for more Wallstreet/Blackrock/Hedgefonds/AIPAC etc.

->Insert Mark Twain quote here<-

I just hope that tomorrow, I wake up to Clinton being confirmed president. I probably won't be awake when the results are finally out...

I really don't like what Trump means for us outside of the US...

sonto340

You are delusional if you think the leader of one of the largest countries in the world doesn't affect other countries.

Drayco21

First time voter; excited and nervous in equal accord- hoping to help push Ohio blue, though, based on my neighbors and workplace, it's gonna be an uphill battle here.

It reminds me of when Obama went over to the UK and tried to preach at the British to stay in the EU. Even as an American it rubbed me wrong and came off as incredibly tone deaf. Concern trolling from foreigners is at best annoying and at worst patronizing as fuck. Leave us alone and let us make our own bed as we've been doing for the last 200+ years, please.

I mean it's not like the US hasn't been telling other countries who to elect these last 100 years.....

RoadHazard

Gold Member

"Leave us alone"? Yeah, the US sure is good at leaving other countries alone... Can you guarantee that the outcome of the election won't affect us over here in Europe (or other parts of the world) in any way? No?

America is the most powerful country in the world. You're not just "making your own bed", you're making ours too. What happens today will affect the entire world. We don't have the right to vote in your election, but we do have every right to care about the outcome.

If Trump wins, every right wing extremist around the world will be starting their campaign tomorrow to reproduce his tactics. As it stands they'll probably do it anyway, but if he loses people can at least point to that and say "don't be stupid".

There is a lot at stake here. The world is watching and is scared as fuck.

bremon

You get to vote and foreigners don't. Comes across as harmless to me, but the election cycle is such a lengthy process and the rest of the world gets so much coverage it's difficult for us not to care what you guys do. As far as the Obama/Brexit anecdote the industrialized world is so interconnected with trade etc. that the trip makes sense to me. I certainly don't mean to annoy you guys.

Re: JQA it's a shame about Jackson.

ColdRose

To be fair, places like the UK (and many others) contain US military bases - so the person in ultimate control of those is kind of a big deal to us, and I don't think there's anything wrong with us being interested/terrified and expressing that. It would be 'concern trolling' if the US leader had no impact anywhere but America, but that is far from the case.

Also, Obama didn't change many minds here. Drop in the ocean of bigotry, xenophobia and nationalism that won Brexit. He may have entrenched some Brexiters but that's about it. I know a lot people who appreciated a view from another nation, but then, we're Remainers, so we're all about working together rather than 'taking our country back'.

pa22word

"Leave us alone"? Yeah, the US sure is good at leaving other countries alone... Can you guarantee that the outcome of the election won't affect us over here in Europe (or other parts of the world) in any way? No?

America is the most powerful country in the world. You're not just "making your own bed", you're making ours too. What happens today will affect the entire world. We don't have the right to vote in your election, but we do have every right to care about the outcome.
again...

ColdRose

If Trump wins, every right wing extremist around the world will be starting their campaign tomorrow to reproduce his tactics. As it stands they'll probably do it anyway, but if he loses people can at least point to that and say "don't be stupid".

There is a lot at stake here. The world is watching and is scared as fuck.

Yep, and of course Trump has been quoting 'Brexit' for months now - the UK's own right-wing extremist campaign which, sadly, won.

Scared as fuck just about covers it.

Meh3D

I spoke to 3 people who all voted yes on Amendment 1 in Florida thinking they're supporting Solar power. Amendment 1 would actually kill solar power. "Consumers for Smar Solar" is actually the utility companies. This amendment would kill solar energy.

This is dystopian future evil politician government shit right here.

I'm calling it right now. From the state that brought you the buttery ballot comes the 2016 headline, "Floridians duped into killing solar"

Random17

Policy in the United States has a large influence on domestic policy abroad.

Most powerful country in the world, naturally people will pay attention. You can't have the cake and eat it too.

Siegcram

k
It certainly comes off that way.

It's not anyone's place but the American people to come to their own conclusions as to elect the President of the United States. We don't need your help and your concern to make a decision. We've had over a year to hash it out ourselves, and a 200+ year old system to get us there.

I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks about it.
First off, that's rich as fuck coming from an American, a country that has probably meddled in more elections than anyone. Or sometimes not even bothered.

And excuse the rest of the world for not wanting someone certifiable to have access to one of the largest nuke arsenals in the world. You guys let a Youtube comment get this close to the presidency, so I think your 200+ year old system has some kinks to work out.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Polls supposed to open at 6, they are still setting up in Jersey City, NJ. But 150+ people in line

Can't wait to be challenged as a voter again by the old Republicsn hag.

PillarEN

What site is ideal for following the results for each state counts/result map?

I guess any old news site but maybe there is one thsts recommended for being the fastest or clearest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom