• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Reposting from Poligaf.

+6 Here in Pennsylvania for Hillary in rural carbon county. Straight democratic ticket for everyone here. Come on Philly. Don't let us down. No surprises PA.

Was in and out at my location in say 5 to 8 minutes. Where we took my grandparents the wait was longer since the location was smaller and since my grandfather can't walk well. That said the line there moved quickly for the most part. Seemed about the same as normal in terms of people but it was clear people were trying to get their vote in before work.

No stickers. Never any stickers at any of the locations.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are lucky, the voting polls in Colombia open up at 7AM and close up at 4PM.

Made me nostalgic for Dubya. Dubya had the balls to be inclusive to Muslim Americans just a few days after fucking 9/11, and in general I don't think he's a hateful piece of crap.

Exactly, I may have vehemently disagreed with the policy preferences of the Bush's and Reagan but at least they were rational human beings. Witnessing one of our major parties lose its freaking mind has been terrifying.

Daggoth

Are the stickers a new thing? I'm not American, but I don't recall reading anything about them on the last few election days.

That's ridiculous: 7pm?! Seemingly States can't have too many
poor
people voting? Polls are open in the UK until 10pm as standard.

I don't seem to recall us having so much focus on queues either, here in the UK.

Granted I live in a small town, but I can literally run over at some point in the evening and I'll have voted within 2 minutes.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You appear to be operating under the impression that we haven't tried "rational debate" with these folks. I find that humorous.

Then my suggestion would be to move on. That's all i'm saying.

It's pretty crazy that I actually fear for my account a little bit writing that last post, even though I am staunchly anti-trump and always have been. This election cycle has been absolutely manic. I can't imagine actually participating in it.

Reposting from Poligaf.

+6 Here in Pennsylvania for Hillary in rural carbon county. Straight democratic ticket for everyone here. Come on Philly. Don't let us down. No surprises PA.

Was in and out at my location in say 5 to 8 minutes. Where we took my grandparents the wait was longer since the location was smaller and since my grandfather can't walk well. That said the line there moved quickly for the most part. Seemed about the same as normal in terms of people but it was clear people were trying to get their vote in before work.

No stickers. Never any stickers at any of the locations.
Wow it's like a voting wasteland out there, then.

Alucrid

Banned
I wish my state had a cool sticker:
hnA6F26h.jpg

"I Ohio voting"

well everyone hates Ohio, it's pretty much hate personified, so

"I hate voting"

i didn't even get a sticker

ColdRose

Same. I was so confident of Remain pre-referndum and I just have this really bad feeling about tonight... Someone settle my nerves, please.

Ugh, I think this is why I feel so sick. The Brexit shambles has completely destroyed my confidence. I keep thinking 'if we're stupid enough to vote Leave, then anything stupid can happen'. My stomach is in knots.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

It's pretty crazy that I actually fear for my account a little bit writing that last post, even though I am staunchly anti-trump and always have been. This election cycle has been absolutely manic. I can't imagine actually participating in it.

It doesn't work like that, although I can see your point. All the bigotry caused by the Trump campaign will remain here. And if you can't educate the bigots, one can surely expect that shaming them will shut them up and allow educating people who can be educated.

I know GAF leans heavily towards Hillary, but can you really be banned just for supporting Trump?

That would be absolutely ridiculous

GPsych

+2 for Hilldawg in Colorado! It's the first presidential election I get to vote in a "swing state." (there is no way CO is going to go red, though). All mail in/drop off ballots though so no sticker for my wife and me.

DeviantBoi

so how long till this thing is over?

In Aus now, going to head to bed.

Will the resutls be in in 7 hours?

If Hillary wins, CNN will call it as soon as the California polls close.

I don't think she can get to 270 without the west-coast states, which are firmly blue.

You could take it on yourself to try to help these people instead of berating us for not doing it.

Your fears are unwarranted as nothing you said was even remotely banworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom