• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

University of North Dakota students mock BLM in blackface

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not even October yet

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...udents-wear-blackface-photo-article-1.2805718

UND1-800x430.png

The University of North Dakota is investigating a photo that shows four white students in black facial masks that was apparently posted on Snapchat with the caption “Black lives matter.”

The photograph is the second racially-charged image associated with the university to be released in less than two days. An earlier picture of three white students, one of whom flashes a peace sign, reading “Locked the black b---h out,” was previously shared on the same messaging platform.

University of North Dakota enrolls 14,951 students, 2.5% of which are black. The bulk of the student body — more than 78% — is white.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yep, that's racist.

Everyone but the picture taker might have deniability of saying they didn't know that caption was going to be used (They are wearing facial, as in dermatology, masks).

I hope this shit follows them for the rest of their lives and all of their careers are fucking ruined.

Fuck every last one of those pieces of shit.

bounchfx

the faces of four ignorant women

but yo seriously how is snapchat the source of so many leaks/issues? wasn't the entire point of snapchat to keep shit secure and private since they decay in seconds? Lol

FIFA needs to re-establish their Racism task force, the job is not done yet!

On-topic: Goddamnit, I was speaking to someone the other day that referred to BLM as a "terrorist organization" and I swear to god, I could smell the privilege coming off them (they are white as sour cream btw). What is wrong with people?

HerrPalomar

Neo Member
Its crazy to think about that they completely ruined their lives with one photograph.

Social Media is scary....

What the hell were they thinking....

This is the second time in like two weeks where a bunch of white girls decided to show their racist ass for all to see after wearing some black facial masks. Must be something in the chemicals.

Its crazy to think about that they completely ruined their lives with one photograph.

Social Media is scary....

I mean, let's be fair - They're young, the world will forget about this after long enough. Sure I imagine they are going to undergo a lot of scrutiny, but I wouldn't call their lives "ruined", it's not like they've been killed for nothing, unlike the people they're mocking by doing this.

the faces of four ignorant women

but yo seriously how is snapchat the source of so many leaks/issues? wasn't the entire point of snapchat to keep shit secure and private since they decay in seconds? Lol
I love this lowkey shade.

Anyway, I think I've become a little numb to stuff like this. It isn't shocking anymore but just another confirmation of the world view I'm developing of a significant portion of America.

HerrPalomar

Neo Member
I mean, let's be fair - They're young, the world will forget about this after long enough. Sure I imagine they are going to undergo a lot of scrutiny, but I wouldn't call their lives "ruined", it's not like they've been killed for nothing, unlike the people they're mocking by doing this.

All future employers just have to google their name and thats it. The only job they will get for the rest of their lives is low skilled work where no basic background check happens.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am not defending their disgusting actions but it is just scary how you can ruin your future with one mouse click today...

All future employers just have to google their name and thats it. The only job they will get for the rest of their lives is low skilled work where no basic background check happens.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am not defending their disgusting actions but it is just scary how you can ruin your future with one mouse click today...

I don't know that their names have been published, they might be after the fact by someone who identifies them though (looks like NY Daily News has edited the images to blur the faces).

Yea, it's a bit scary, but people should be more responsible with what they put out there. Clearly they sent the SnapChat to the wrong person who wasn't having none of it that day.

@OP - Not sure how you feel about this, but maybe edit the image with the updated one from the NY Daily News article. Not justifying their actions, but if they feel it's worth blurring them to prevent internet mobs, might be worth it to echo the sentiment.

I don't know that their names have been published, they might be after the fact by someone who identifies them though (looks like NYTimes has edited the images to blur the faces).

Yea, it's a bit scary, but people should be more responsible with what they put out there. Clearly they sent the SnapChat to the wrong person who wasn't having none of it that day.

@OP - Not sure how you feel about this, but maybe edit the image with the updated one from the NYTimes article. Not justifying their actions, but if they feel it's worth blurring them to prevent internet mobs, might be worth it to echo the sentiment.

Thought about it, but decided if the girls were fine with it, I was too.

I actually came across the Daily News article last when looking for extra sources

RocknRola

Well....this is...."something" I guess... way to ruin your lives you idiots. Bloody racists.

PS: What's the FIFA context here?

Hazmat

"Jesus Christ, Kimberly, don't get any of this in my hair or on my eyebrows. I want to be a racist asshole tonight, but I want to look fuckable tomorrow."

RocknRola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom