• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 - PS3 exclusive

squicken

DarkMage619 said:
Why do artists sign their paintings? Why do politicians have to state who they are and why they endorse the message that preceed their statment? I means I said the above message and its a way of identifing my message in a sea of others. Does that make me dumb. The mods here and many others think so. Will I lose any sleep over it? Probably.

So many things wrong with this post.

dralla

damme300.gif

Razoric

Banned
DarkMage619 said:
Why do artists sign their paintings? Why do politicians have to state who they are and why they endorse the message that preceed their statment? I means I said the above message and its a way of identifing my message in a sea of others. Does that make me dumb. The mods here and many others think so. Will I lose any sleep over it? Probably.

The Dark One

Artists and politicians usually offer something of substance with what they attach their name to... be it a painting, a movie, a political statement or commercial. You offer only posts, which you sign everytime with a fake name.

Also people can see which post is yours by the username to the left of your post.

Amir0x

Banned
This is a game I need a mouse/keyboard to play with anyway. I hope they get one out for the 360 version, whenever the "timed exclusivity" supposedly ends.

Amir0x said:
This is a game I need a mouse/keyboard to play with anyway. I hope they get one out for the 360 version, whenever the "timed exclusivity" supposedly ends.

Mouse and keyboard support in an Xbox 360 game? That'd be the day.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
KTallguy said:
I wonder how PS3 modding environment is going to work. Maybe PC mods that are polished and bug tested enough can move over to PS3 for a price (price part kind of sucks, but the two environments are too different).

Another Note:

PLEASE PLEASE Mouse/Keyboard support. PLEASE LET ME PLAY WITH A MOUSE!!

Playing UT with a controller is kind of like playing tennis in galoshes while chewing two sticks of Big Red gum.

The should ban mouse and keyboard for the online portion unless they specifically allow you to filter matches by controller. Otherwise it's going to suck for gamepad users...

Tieno

You know, if MS doesn't allow usermods because it undermines their precious marketplace then I hope Epic (and Midway?) have the power to make UT3 PS3 a non-timed full exclusive. I hope people will bitch about that to MS to put more pressure on them. Their closed mindedness is going to hurt them and loose them a lot of goodwill.

Amir0x

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Mouse and keyboard support in an Xbox 360 game? That'd be the day.

yeah i know. I'd say "PC version ftw", but I doubt I'd be able to afford the upgrade required to play this game at the clip I want. Maybe if I start saving now...

I just wanna see more of this come 7/11. :D

So what are FPS fans looking at here?

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

something like that? Pretty exciting if you own both PS3 and 360. :)

szaromir

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

You missed Brothers in Arms 3. :( Also, CoD4 is coming this Fall.

Cheeto

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

Quake Wars

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

What kind of horrible monster would leave Call of Duty 4 off the list? Monster.

XFPS 360
xfps_360-200-200.jpg

Can people stop complaining about mouse and keyboard on the 360 now? If people really care that much about using a particular control scheme, pay some money and get it. Sucks that it doesnt' work with the SFAC stick though :(

syllogism

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

Quake Wars, Half-life 2 ep2, Team Fortress 2, Crysis, Left 4 Dead

Omar Ismail said:
XFPS 360
xfps_360-200-200.jpg

Can people stop complaining about mouse and keyboard on the 360 now? If people really care that much about using a particular control scheme, pay some money and get it. Sucks that it doesnt' work with the SFAC stick though :(

Uh, that's not quite the same thing. But I'm sure you knew that.

Salazar

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

+ Jericho.

KTallguy

Banned
cyberheater said:
The should ban mouse and keyboard for the online portion unless they specifically allow you to filter matches by controller. Otherwise it's going to suck for gamepad users...

Yea, maybe they should filter it, but then Mouse/Keyboard people will have trouble finding games maybe.

Honestly, if you're good enough with a gamepad you could probably go toe to toe and come out ok, but if you've ever played UT on a PC, you'd know that it's a very fast paced, precise game that wasn't made for an analog stick.

Same thing as Tekken 5 or DOA online, people with fighting sticks technically have better control and are better players, but there's no filtering there.

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

Half Life Ep 2?

Quagm1r3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes absolutely no sense. You'd think with the great success of GoW, UT3 would be 360 exclusive if anything...

Majmun

TheJollyCorner said:

The Darkness - June
BioShock- Aug.
Halo 3- Sept.
Haze- Oct.
UT3- November
Killzone 2- Dec.?

You forgot Metroid Prime 3.

RavenFox

Banned
Quagm1r3 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes absolutely no sense. You'd think with the great success of GoW, UT3 would be 360 exclusive if anything...
:lol

Busty

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. You monster.

OK, easy there tiger...... don't make me send you to the naughty step.

EDIT - Quoted the wrong post. Class act, all the way.

Redbeard

Banned
Tieno said:
You know, if MS doesn't allow usermods because it undermines their precious marketplace then I hope Epic (and Midway?) have the power to make UT3 PS3 a non-timed full exclusive. I hope people will bitch about that to MS to put more pressure on them. Their closed mindedness is going to hurt them and loose them a lot of goodwill.

You think Midway is just going to arbitrarily hold back the 360 version and lose money because Epic doesn't like MS's position on user mods? :lol

szaromir

Banned
Seriously, adding for k/m support in a console shooter will lead to splitting userbase or serious advanage of one group of gamers, causing frustration in controller users. There's no way in hell it's a good decision - just balance console versions around controller, Epic.

tribal24

Banned
szaromir said:
Seriously, adding for k/m support in a console shooter will lead to splitting userbase or serious advanage of one group of gamers, causing frustration in controller users. There's no way in hell it's a good decision - just balance console versions around controller, Epic.

so arcade sticks in a fighting game are a bad to? i rather have a choice

Tieno

Redbeard said:
You think Midway is just going to arbitrarily hold back the 360 version and lose money because Epic doesn't like MS's position on user mods? :lol
Of course not, but I can still hope. MS's stance on user created content is so hypocrite...oh noes think about our marketplace. MS is running it into the ground.

Redbeard said:

I think you greatly overestimate Midway's pull in that relationship.

I am really interested in seeing the sales between the various versions of the game. If PS3 gets it first I'd imagine it would have the best sales. This will be an excellent case to see if the 360 installed based can affect games that it didn't get first or the same time as another platform.

In regard to my sig I'd done it for years no one has died or been hurt because of it. People are still dying in Iraq and other places so all that energy and anger should perhaps be directed in those matters or at least videogame discussion.

the Dark One

szaromir said:

If you balance UT around a controller, it ceases to be UT.

dfyb

Banned
szaromir said:
allowing kb/m use broadens the community and functionality of consoles making them even better. don't let controller-elitists hold back the console industry, epic.

Grayman

szaromir said:
Why should the console players who want to use good controls be forced to use shitty ones?

I could care less if someone wants to play on a gamepad on my PC games...

cicatriz

DarkMage619 said:
In regard to my sig I'd done it for years no one has died or been hurt because of it. People are still dying in Iraq and other places so all that energy and angry should perhaps be directed in those matters or at least videogame discussion.

the Dark One

WTF
wtf.jpg

RiskyChris said:
If you balance UT around a controller, it ceases to be UT.

Not really. With great game design/input mechanics I'm sure you could devise something that captures the essence of UT's frantic gameplay, while providing manageable control to the average player.

Tieno

Fragamemnon said:
I think you greatly overestimate Midway's pull in that relationship.
I hope you are right. But I don't know if Epic can ignore all that money. It is still only but a timed exclusive after all. At least it's a sign, so it's something.

hasn't this been known for ages? isn't it a totally solid move on Epic's part adn they will most likely sell MORE 360 units as a result?

szaromir

Banned
dfyb said:
allowing kb/m use broadens the community and functionality of consoles making them even better. don't let controller-elitists hold back the console industry, epic.
Most people don't really have space to place kb/m in their living room. Also, using kb/m while sitting on your couch is not comfortable. Majority is used to play on controllers.

Grayman said:
Why should the console players who want to use good controls be forced to use shitty ones?

I could care less if someone wants to play on a gamepad on my PC games...
It's not like gamepad is default setup for games on PC...

Top Bottom