• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

smr00

Banned
Prizes are up

2oJg3.png

lame.
sKpuZ.gif

Guess i will go with the poster set..

To those of us that say we shouldn't complain and that reggie is right, I'm sorry but that's doggie happy-for-bone mindset that I'm not stooping down to.

It's not about things being "free"- I don't think we're that cheap?
What makes me sad is the tradition of Club Nintendo being lost, its prestige withered, seemingly eaten by infectious DD.

For people that say we shouldn't complain and that regge is right, I'm sorry but that's doggie happy-for-bone mindset that I'm not stooping down to.

It's not about things being "free"- I don't think we're that cheap?
What makes me sad is the tradition of Club Nintendo being lost, its prestige withered, seemingly eaten by infectious DD.

I really agree with you here, these DD prizes are just not worth the value of a physical prize such as the tiny statue of the Mario cast.

Those posters may be the only thing I'll end up getting since it seems NOA is just cheapening everything from here on.

Hero

Seriously? Cards, posters or fucking VC games that were already offered?

Get fucked, NoA. Get fucked hard.

It is absolutely ridiculous that they have the audacity to offer people who have spent 600 dollars on Nintendo products such disappointing prizes when Japan and Europe get consistently excellent prizes.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Prizes are up

2oJg3.png

lame.

Cards for me. We have access to some high quality printers, so we get posters whenever we wait.. provided we have high quality assets to print. :p

Cards don't look that bad. I might even use them unlike the Mario pillow. But it's a far cry from the Mario statue..

The whining about Platinum prizes always makes me laugh. Reggie was right, the fans feel over-entitled. They are giving you some free shit and all people do is complain that the free shit isn't good enough. Here's the thing, if it weren't pointless tat then it wouldn't be free. At least they offer you some actual games now.
We just want something similar to the Japanese Nintendo club.

matthwq

Banned
I'll probably get the calendar. I got it for 2010, and I actually really enjoyed having it on my desk all year.

Just don't ask me about those Mario themed pins. I haven't even bothered opening the package. I think it's somewhere in my closet, I have no idea.

Lothars

The whining about Platinum prizes always makes me laugh. Reggie was right, the fans feel over-entitled. They are giving you some free shit and all people do is complain that the free shit isn't good enough. Here's the thing, if it weren't pointless tat then it wouldn't be free. At least they offer you some actual games now.
Here's the thing it's pretty pathetic that every other region in the world gets something good but we get things that are even worst than that.

It's not anything special that you couldn't get already, It's not about entitlement which I agree there's tons of stuff on GAF that it makes me smh about the outrage over but I think this is entirely justified since other regions are getting better items.

I'm surprised people are complaining about this year's. I'm pretty happy with a cool set of cards or some super nice looking posters. What is it about the internet that just makes people so negative and unable to be happy with anything?
The thing is you can get these posters or games with the avilable points but the platinum and gold should be items you can only get with reaching that level.

I'm just amazed at the amount of sheer fan outrage in this thread. I mean, I was told to expect it, but it's still pretty hilarious to witness first-hand.

It's one thing to be disappointed, fine, express it, but "Fuck you, Nintendo"? Really? Over a prize?

Relax. If you're that disappointed, then it was your own fault for having such ludicrously high expectations (or any expectations, to be honest).
So they shouldn't be held to the same standard as the other regions for the platinum and gold prizes? I disagree it should be comparable to the other regions for the type of prize.

Those who are complaining about a free gift, give it up and stop acting like little babies. You didn't deserve or earn it in anyway. It's a bonus for buying and registering your games.

For those who want the statue, I have it, it's a pile of cheap plastic. It probably weighs all of maybe an oz. It feels real cheap and is hollow. It's crap and honestly doesn't seem that cool up close and in person.

StAidan

Guess I'll probably go with the playing cards. A poster set seems kind of lame for Platinum, but I actually like the look of those cards.

As for the VC games, I'm not sure why you'd pick one of those over a physical prize.

It's free stuff, so I can't complain.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll probably get the calendar. I got it for 2010, and I actually really enjoyed having it on my desk all year.

Just don't ask me about those Mario themed pins. I haven't even bothered opening the package. I think it's somewhere in my closet, I have no idea.

We have the case displayed, but I (and my wife both) use the pins on our messenger bags.

Roto13

It is absolutely ridiculous that they have the audacity to offer people who have spent 600 dollars on Nintendo products such disappointing prizes when Japan and Europe get consistently excellent prizes.

Last year's prize was exactly the same as Japan's prize the year before and people freaked out in much the same way they're doing now.

And those $600 you spent got you $600 worth of games, and 600 coins to spend on other prizes, on top of the cards or posters or whatever you claim. So yeah, you're being a bunch of babies and should be ashamed of yourselves.

EYEL1NER

Yeah, I mean it IS ridiculous to expect the American branch to be as good or even close to the European version and Japanese version :|
I expect something on par with the other Club
Nintendos.
How is that a high expectation? I would think it would be a normal expectation.

Kifimbo

Sony and Microsoft fans gets nothing. If you bought 600$ of games and consoles for these rewards, even partially for these rewards, you have a problem. To me they are just little bonuses. Of course, I'd like great stuff like in Japan, but Japan is a small country (size, not population) and shipping stuff is probably a lot more expansive in North America. Which is probably why the rewards are not as good.

joedick

fucking VC games that were already offered?

I think VC games are pretty fair as a Gold level prize.

I've spent way more than $600 on some companies and got nothing free. These reactions are pretty hilarious.

Sony and Microsoft fans gets nothing. If you bought 600$ of games and consoles for these rewards, even partially for these rewards, you have a problem. To me they are just little bonuses. Of course, I'd like great stuff like in Japan, but Japan is a small country (size, not population) and shipping stuff is probably a lot more expansive in North America. Which is probably why the rewards are not as good.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

It sucks.

zroid

Banned
So they shouldn't be held to the same standard as the other regions for the platinum and gold prizes? I disagree it should be comparable to the other regions for the type of prize.

If you read my post properly (and the following one with clarification) you would be aware that I said no such thing.

However, "Fuck you, Nintendo" is not an acceptable reaction to a prize.

b3b0p

Here's the thing it's pretty pathetic that every other region in the world gets something good but we get things that are even worst than that.

It's not anything special that you couldn't get already, It's not about entitlement which I agree there's tons of stuff on GAF that it makes me smh about the outrage over but I think this is entirely justified since other regions are getting better items.

The thing is you can get these posters or games with the avilable points but the platinum and gold should be items you can only get with reaching that level.

I'm playing Nintendo Defense Force Chief Leader or something I guess, I don't mean to, but people whining, it's a bit annoying. Anyway, so after giving you free gifts and shipping them for free, you expect another free gift shipped for free. Keep in mind the U.S. population is much larger, more spread out. Logistics are more expensive for everything compared to other regions. Anything will cost NoA more money, period. They have to compromise. Also, games here are grossly cheaper than Japan and Europe for the most part. The margins are probably much smaller and the Nintendo target market is much pickier.

P.S. I'll happily take those posters. At least I can frame them and keep them around forever. Instead of waste away and take up useless space.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
To those of us that say we shouldn't complain and that regge is right, I'm sorry but that's doggie happy-for-bone mindset that I'm not stooping down to.

Hell, Langers Juice just sent me a $10 PSN card for buying $8 worth of juice. We spend hundreds on Nintendo games and have no right to be annoyed that the big year end PLATINUM STATUS gift is a $3 deck of cards? Fuck that!

So I read this post and fell asleep.

And I saw Club Nintendo get revamped, and them listening to the backfire and adding a bunch of cool exclusive Platinum awards to choose from.

Then it turns out it was a dream. :(

ghostmind

Wow, this makes those bloody pins look like a treasure trove of riches in comparison.

This took zero effort on their part. Not going to even bother redeeming my Platinum.

bluehat9

Kind of want the Luigi's Mansion poster, but I'll probably get the playing cards since I don't care about the zelda or ki ones.

WowBaby

Wow. What crap. $1200 and I get a set of cards. I have never been interested on their cards, or posters, or calendar. Those stupid pins are looking better than they did before.

FINALLY the gifts are revealled!

...and I see everyone complaining? Really? Not only do we get the option of FOUR different games and a calendar, but cards, which about rivals every other platinum gift, but we get posters. POSTERS.

NOT JUST ANY POSTERS.

But Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus, and Luigi's Mansion, some of the best posters they could've picked.

AND YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING???? Damn.

I don't see how anyone can complain with these posters. Even if you don't want the posters theres so many damn options. Its so awesome that theres just so many options. Not just the added games, but also two physical platinum gifts.

Thanks Nintendo! You won't get any complaining from me this year. Those posters are mine!

Hero

Last year's prize was exactly the same as Japan's prize the year before and people freaked out in much the same way they're doing now.

And those $600 you spent got you $600 worth of games, and 600 coins to spend on other prizes, on top of the cards or posters or whatever you claim. So yeah, you're being a bunch of babies and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Actually they weren't exactly the same last year. Even if they were, that's one year where Japan got a crap platinum prize.

You seriously think Club Nintendo is a 100% give away? It's fucking low cost market research since you're required to answer a bunch of questions of games you've already bought and presumably played.

I can spend 50 bucks on a year of PSN and get dozens of free games to play. Spend a couple hundred bucks on Nintendo games? Here's your free Metroid II ROM.

I think VC games are pretty fair as a Gold level prize.

I've spent way more than $600 on some companies and got nothing free. These reactions are pretty hilarious.

VC games are not fair as a Gold level prize considering they offer them up every month. Just because you have little to no expectations or demands from companies doesn't mean everyone else is the same way.

zroid

Banned
I can spend 50 bucks on a year of PSN and get dozens of free games to play. Spend a couple hundred bucks on Nintendo games? Here's your free Metroid II ROM.

lol are you comparing a subscription program to a loyalty program? wat

FINALLY the gifts are revealled!

...and I see everyone complaining? Really? Not only do we get the option of FOUR different games and a calendar, but cards, which about rivals every other platinum gift, but we get posters. POSTERS.

NOT JUST ANY POSTERS.

But Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus, and Luigi's Mansion, some of the best posters they could've picked.

AND YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING???? Damn.

I don't see how anyone can complain with these posters. Even if you don't want the posters theres so many damn options. Its so awesome that theres just so many options. Not just the added games, but also two physical platinum gifts.

Thanks Nintendo! You won't get any complaining from me this year. Those posters are mine!

wat.

The hell? Previously, gold members didn't even have an option; they always got the desk calendar. This year, they can still get the desk calendar, or a choice between four good VC games.

And say what you will, but the Platinum prizes this year are a hell of a lot better than the pin set.

I'm underwhelmed, but they're certainly better than the pins we got last year (which didn't even arrive, in my case).
Still, they didn't have to give us anything and they're free, so I think it would be stupid to complain about the things we are getting.
I don't know if I should pick the playing cards or the calendar. They both seem like something I could use. I think I'll go with the cards when they get the rewards up again.

Top Bottom