• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

JavyOO7

Unfortunately it still shows at the CN page that there is an announcement incoming. I wouldn't mind getting Mini's March Again.

MarkusRJR

I can't believe the Platinum prizes are such shit. The Gold prizes are more interesting for fucks sake. NoA continues to be the worst branch of Nintendo.

Playing cards I'll never use, posters, or Majora's Mask. Hmmmmmmm....

I can't believe the Platinum prizes are such shit. The Gold prizes are more interesting for fucks sake. NoA continues to be the worst branch of Nintendo.

Playing cards I'll never use, posters, or Majora's Mask. Hmmmmmmm....

I am sure Majora's Mask will get a 3ds remake sooner or later.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The whining about Platinum prizes always makes me laugh. Reggie was right, the fans feel over-entitled. They are giving you some free shit and all people do is complain that the free shit isn't good enough. Here's the thing, if it weren't pointless tat then it wouldn't be free. At least they offer you some actual games now.

Phatcorns

The whining about Platinum prizes always makes me laugh. Reggie was right, the fans feel over-entitled. They are giving you some free shit and all people do is complain that the free shit isn't good enough. Here's the thing, if it weren't pointless tat then it wouldn't be free. At least they offer you some actual games now.

I'm surprised people are complaining about this year's. I'm pretty happy with a cool set of cards or some super nice looking posters. What is it about the internet that just makes people so negative and unable to be happy with anything?

EYEL1NER

Sorry for going for platinum this year guys and gals.
My shitty luck has ruined any positive luck you guys had and gave us these terrible prizes.

Dat pillow... *cries in corner*

The whining about the whining is pretty comical too.

bubnbob

Banned
I'm surprised people are complaining about this year's. I'm pretty happy with a cool set of cards or some super nice looking posters. What is it about the internet that just makes people so negative and unable to be happy with anything?

Sounds like you were raised to not say no. Do you find yourself being walked on a lot?

hachi

Banned
Prizes are up
2oJg3.png

izulj5.gif

I'm still waiting for that game case that holds 3DS and DS games on both sides to come back :(

They only have the stylus pack, where one side holds only DS games (no notch for 3ds games) and the other side holds 9 styluses.

I also cashed in a ton of surveys this year because they were going to expire I guess I'll be getting the playing cards. Is majora's mask DLC? if so what console?

Gintoki

Why did they have to spoil us in the first place with good prizes then just turn them to prizes that aren't nearly as good? At least put some good damn prizes that I can waste my coins on if the platinum prizes will keep getting worse every year.

Why did they have to spoil us in the first place with good prizes then just turn them to prizes that aren't nearly as good? At least put some good damn prizes that I can waste my coins on if the platinum prizes will keep getting worse every year.

The monthly DLC are great IMO.

bubnbob

Banned
They took it down because they're waiting for all the children to wake up so they can show excitement for their free copy of Majora's Mask

zroid

Banned
They took it down because they're waiting for all the children to wake up so they can show excitement for their free copy of Majora's Mask

Ah. Did they reveal the dimensions of the posters? Well either way, I'll probably get the cards. Look pretty snazzy.

My walls are already dominated by those Zelda Anniversary posters lol

Risible

If I hear the word "entitled" one more time on GAF I am going to fucking kill someone. It's such a cop-out catch-all response to valid criticism.

Many of us are upset not over the prizes themselves but rather the discrepancy between the offerings in Japan and NA. It's ludicrous. NoA should be standing up for it's NA fans, but instead chooses to short-shrift them.

b3b0p

Those who are complaining about a free gift, give it up and stop acting like little babies. You didn't deserve or earn it in anyway. It's a bonus for buying and registering your games.

For those who want the statue, I have it, it's a pile of cheap plastic. It probably weighs all of maybe an oz. It feels real cheap and is hollow. It's crap and honestly doesn't seem that cool up close and in person.

zroid

Banned
I'm just amazed at the amount of sheer fan outrage in this thread. I mean, I was told to expect it, but it's still pretty hilarious to witness first-hand.

It's one thing to be disappointed, fine, express it, but "Fuck you, Nintendo"? Really? Over a prize?

Relax. If you're that disappointed, then it was your own fault for having such ludicrously high expectations (or any expectations, to be honest).

Those who are complaining about a free gift, give it up and stop acting like little babies. You didn't deserve or earn it in anyway. It's a bonus for buying and registering your games.

For those who want the statue, I have it, it's a pile of cheap plastic. It probably weighs all of maybe an oz. It feels real cheap and is hollow. It's crap and honestly doesn't seem that cool up close and in person.

LoL its still better than this year gift.

Statue just sound less cheap than card or poster , only reward i really wanted but never got :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It's not a feeling of entitlement, it's a feeling of disappointment.

E: Case in point, look at the picture Zeer0id posted below me. That would be a fantastic "thank-you" for being a loyal Nintendo fan and consumer in the states.

bubnbob

Banned

You dont get laid with posters and playing cards, dude. Get real.

watershed

Banned
I like this year's prizes because of the wider selection available though I do wish they would give us soundtrack cd or mp3 options. They've had great soundtracks available in Japan.

zroid

Banned
I like this year's prizes because of the wider selection available though I do wish they would give us soundtrack cd or mp3 options. They've had great soundtracks available in Japan.

sooouuuunnndtraaaaaacks

Seriously what does NoA have against soundtracks, dude. After the insane popularity of the OoT CD, surely they would have gotten the message? WE WANT SOUNDTRACKS!

This. I mean, even an MP3 download would be better than anything on there.

Also, I don't want any of those prizes, so stay tuned because I'll be tossing up a Majora's Mask code once I can claim it.

zroid

Banned
these are the cards I actually wanted:

img043.jpg

but they're sold from vendors in Japan, so I knew it would never happen :(

ameleco

I'm just amazed at the amount of sheer fan outrage in this thread. I mean, I was told to expect it, but it's still pretty hilarious to witness first-hand.

It's one thing to be disappointed, fine, express it, but "Fuck you, Nintendo"? Really? Over a prize?

Relax. If you're that disappointed, then it was your own fault for having such ludicrously high expectations (or any expectations, to be honest).

Yeah, I mean it IS ridiculous to expect the American branch to be as good or even close to the European version and Japanese version :|

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I mean it IS ridiculous to expect the American branch to be as good or even close to the European version and Japanese version :|

Like I said, you're free to be disappointed.

But outrage and disappointment are different things. I too am disappointed.

Javier

While I'm not THAT mad, I'm certainly disappointed. Would have definitely gotten the pillow had they offered that. Oh well.

Will get the playing cards.

Roto13

Oh, we're bitching and whining about free stuff again this year like a bunch of spoiled toddlers?

Surprise surprise.

cjkeats

I'm disappointed the cards that aren't Hanafuda cards and are just regular cards. Oh well. I'm only 200 coins away.

b3b0p

i will give you five dollars
six if you have the original box!

It's still in the original everything whatever it was sent in. I took it out. looked at it. Said, "Hmmm, what a piece of crap." put it back in box, packaged it back up, put in rubbermaid until I bought house.

And, no.

Nudull

Banned
Third time in a row hitting platinum and I'm a bit underwhelmed, but I still might bite for the poster set.

Top Bottom