• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

KarmaCow

I'm tempted to get Metroid II because I have no need for playing cards or posters and since I sold my Metroid II cart back in highschool, it's the only Metroid game I don't own...but Metroid II is pretty awful.

IrishNinja

man i already got SS posters i didn't put up...nintendo how bout you let me hold that Luigi one and just give me Majora's Mask onna side

i honestly don't know if this is better than pins right now

fernoca

They should've let to at least choose 2 of the digital games as rewards.

In my case, I'm between the crads, posters or clanedar. The calendars are always cool.

The cards actually are good quality it seems and the posters, if they are giclees would be awesome... It says the posters have special printing effects. I wonder what they mean by that.

Despite being yet another Mario themed idem, the cards look alright. Very poor selection overall though. NoA is so embarrassing.

Oh well, I'll probably grind for platinum again in hopes that it'll get better, just to get smacked down again.

iphys

The 2 choices that are meant to be platinum choices aren't as dreadful as the pins at least, and I'm super happy we at least got a choice, but it does make me laugh that games we got for 100 or 150 coins were offered up. I suppose if I had only made gold status though I would have happily taken a game over the calendar, so I think it's a pretty good year.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
xNqaw.gif

This is some bullshit. I'll probably just get the cards since I don't need more posters and I have all the games.

At least those with only Gold status got an upgrade.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have every Platinum reward stuffed in a box somewhere. I'll probably end up throwing it all away next time I move.
My Mario hat is on my Homer Simpson standee and my statue is on a shelf, but I have no idea where my pins ended up. Probably in the trash.

Zekes!

As much as I'm disappointed by the rewards this year, I'm not mad about it.

Club Nintendo to me is just a bonus that comes along side games I was going to buy anyways. It's not like I go out of my way to buy stuff sole for CN points.

Ponn

Banned
Are those posters just like folded posters you get in a magazine or are they a little better class and shipped rolled up?

also what are the chances of that 3DS game case being restocked? I spent all my coins on that messenger bag which is pretty sweet but I have 3 games here in a month i'm redeeming and it should be enough to get that game case everyone was raving about.

IrishNinja

But i wanted the pillow ;(

good news! its only about $65 on ebay right now :/

I have every Platinum reward stuffed in a box somewhere. I'll probably end up throwing it all away next time I move.

wait hit me up before you toss out the statue, ill give you a few bucks for it! that looked like the nicest one they've had.

was there more than just the pins last year, or was that the only platinum option? cause damn, all 3 of these look like regular rewards. idve gone for a game & watch or hanufua (sp) cards over these.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Are those posters just like folded posters you get in a magazine or are they a little better class and shipped rolled up?

also what are the chances of that 3DS game case being restocked? I spent all my coins on that messenger bag which is pretty sweet but I have 3 games here in a month i'm redeeming and it should be enough to get that game case everyone was raving about.

If they are like the other posters, they are decent quality and glossy, and they ship in a tube.

The 3DS game case will almost certainly be restocked. They kept the DSlite accessories on there for years.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
As much as I'm disappointed by the rewards this year, I'm not mad about it.

Club Nintendo to me is just a bonus that comes along side games I was going to buy anyways. It's not like I go out of my way to buy stuff sole for CN points.

Then I'm afraid we'll have to ask you to leave.

AniHawk

the cards actually look pretty rad. but a skyward sword poster is a skyward sword poster. decisions.

i think for platinum members, you should be able to get a thing and a game.

Ponn

Banned
If they are like the other posters, they are decent quality and glossy, and they ship in a tube.

The 3DS game case will almost certainly be restocked. They kept the DSlite accessories on there for years.

Cool thanks. I will make sure I keep enough coins for the case when it pops again. I will probably go ahead and get the posters too and maybe get some cheap frames from walmart. My walls are pretty bear at home and i'm going to be working from home so might as well spruce up the place.

Oh wait, the gifts were taken down!! They must have heard the complaints and are putting the pillow up, yayyy!! Thanks Reggie.

hey, the page is kinda down for me right now

GUESS THEY'RE REDOING IT WITH MARIO PILLOWS NOW

HAHA, read my mind. It must be true then!

IrishNinja

Oh wait, the gifts were taken down!! They must have heard the complaints and are putting the pillow up, yayyy!! Thanks Reggie.

HAHA, read my mind. It must be true then!

WE MUST BELIEVE TOGETHER IN THE SUN~

alternatively: if anyone wants the cards/etc and is down to trade for the mario statue, holla!

IrishNinja

maybe nintendo was just screwing with us and the real prizes will be up soon

someone quickly photoshop a picture of the mario pillow, EU bronze zelda statue & VC super famicom controller, ill post it to wario's twitter and send it to kotaku post-haste

*bonus points if you make the gold prize games metroid dread and mother 3

That's what I thought was happening at first glance. :/

Yea, I would have dug that.

Despite these rewards being pretty damn lame, I still think it's worth putting in the effort to get platinum, only for the fact that I get coins and can get other stuff along with these yearly bonuses.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but seriously, when customers are spending $600 worth of your product and taking the time to answer your questions and fill out shit, at least offer something kinda nice.

A Mario pillow would have been fine, just like the Mario hat was kinda cool and the statue was nice. Posters and cheap ass looking cards is just bad haha.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was going to get mad, but I remembered it's all free of charge.
I'm a Nintendo fan so I might as well get more Nintendo paraphernalia.
Decided on the cards since I have posters up the wazoo.

The link to claim your prize is now gone, now the front page is congratulating some people for playing Mario Kart. Ah well, going to bed. I'm assuming the lame prizes will still be up tomorrow and I can claim the posters then, haha

AniHawk

Yea, I would have dug that.

Despite these rewards being pretty damn lame, I still think it's worth putting in the effort to get platinum, only for the fact that I get coins and can get other stuff along with these yearly bonuses.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but seriously, when customers are spending $600 worth of your product and taking the time to answer your questions and fill out shit, at least offer something kinda nice.

A Mario pillow would have been fine, just like the Mario hat was kinda cool and the statue was nice. Posters and cheap ass looking cards is just bad haha.
for the pillows, noa needs to be on the ground floor when they're in manufacturing in japan. making shit is expensive, especially custom stuff with lots of colors and intricate designs. if noa wanted 10,000 and japan wanted 10,000 then it drops the overall price a bit, compared to making two separate orders of 10,000.

so noa might have just missed the boat for those. same with the controllers and other cool stuff japan gets.

the cards are actually pretty nice, and probably cost nintendo about 5-7 bucks to make a whole deck each. depending on the quality of the posters (like if the zelda one has gold foil or something), they're probably more like 3-4 bucks each, tops. quantity matters too, and i don't know how popular club nintendo is. i'm just assuming low, so somewhere in the range of 6-10k for each platinum item. although nintendo probably gets their orders in july and then does the manufacturing in august and september, receives them in october, and ships in november.

anyway, the games cost them just the price of the game people might pay for, but it costs them extremely little to actually give away. it's nice that they are actual giveaways, but platinums should at least get a crack at one of them- or two if they don't choose a thing.

_woLf

Japan gets amazing shit and we get literally things that cost Nintendo as little money as possible. This is absolutely fucking absurd.

i'm done with club nintendo.

Ponn

Banned
i totally forgot to check it out (thought of it yesterday when i realized i never registered Nier...), what'd they end up getting?

There are none. When asked about in their forums they are only getting a generic "we don't know/can't say will get back to you" Their site has been all messed up since they had that hack, i'm not sure what the hell they are doing over there.

Top Bottom