• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Boogiepop

Guys, what does the actual "Wii U Experience" invitation/registration for the invitation look like? I got something but it was marked by my spam filter. Occasionally the spam filter grabs something that isn't spam, and the thing looks right and says it's from club nintendo instead of some random stream of garbage. But the website that it links to contains "dwinq.com", which is making me think it's a scam after all. Any chance this is legit, or should I just keep on ignoring it?

Penguin

Guys, what does the actual "Wii U Experience" invitation/registration for the invitation look like? I got something but it was marked by my spam filter. Occasionally the spam filter grabs something that isn't spam, and the thing looks right and says it's from club nintendo instead of some random stream of garbage. But the website that it links to contains "dwinq.com", which is making me think it's a scam after all. Any chance this is legit, or should I just keep on ignoring it?

That's the website for the Wii U Experience.. are you in Miami?

If you don't want to go I'll take your access code ;)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I still go for the Platinum, but can't say I've ever liked any of NoA's rewards so far. What I love is getting to spend my coins on games.

I noticed that rec-Electroplankton thing is only available for the first half of the month, so does that mean we'll be getting a second game in the second half? God I hope so! Really hoping for a classic.

Don't worry people, this year will be some godlike prize. First year I didn't register enough games so I won't be getting gold or platinum. Kind of sucks considering I've hit platinum each year since the beginning and forgot to do it this time. I'll be hunting eBay this year.

Boogiepop

Signed up for the WiiU thing. Really cool that they're having one in DC and at a time I can actually make (plus thank god for guest invites, otherwise it'd be difficult to work out.) Wonder how packed it'll be?

BooJoh

I can confirm that Theatrhythm does NOT have a CN code, just the SE Members one. I guess we can probably expect the same from Heroes of Ruin and Kingdom Hearts.

Kind of disappointing.

iphys

So I think this is the list so far of 3rd party 3DS publishers with CN codes since the change:
Capcom
D3
Majesco
Maximum Family
Namco Bandai
Sega
THQ
Ubisoft

and the list so far of 3rd party 3DS publishers without CN codes since the change:
2K Play
Activision
Atari
Codemasters
Giant Media
Konami
Square Enix

blamite

So, I just got an invite to the Wii U event in Chicago. Am I missing something or does the site not say where the event actually is? That's kind of important in determining whether or not I go. >.>

Sorry if you thought the bump meant rewards were announced, they're not.

I want the pillow so hard, but the shipping would probably be way too expensive with the size of the pillow and size of the US.

hunnies28

So, I just got an invite to the Wii U event in Chicago. Am I missing something or does the site not say where the event actually is? That's kind of important in determining whether or not I go. >.>

I also got the invite, but for the San Diego event. Mine does say where it's gonna be held.

Penguin

It tells you where the event is after you sign-up

By chance what are the dates for the Chicago area?

No clue why people are excited about that pillow. If That's the prize, I'll take it gladly, but an OST or another figurine would be much better.

No clue why people are excited about that pillow. If That's the prize, I'll take it gladly, but an OST or another figurine would be much better.

I don't get it. An OST is about the least unique thing they could do, and could be sold for $10 at any retailer. The pillow basically is a figurine, but giant and unique. Why would you rather have an 8" cheap plastic figure when you could have a unique pillow that could be the center of discussion?

backlot

I don't get it. An OST is about the least unique thing they could do, and could be sold for $10 at any retailer. The pillow basically is a figurine, but giant and unique. Why would you rather have an 8" cheap plastic figure when you could have a unique pillow that could be the center of discussion?

I'd buy a Nintendo game OST for $10 but they don't sell them. Also I don't want any part in a Mario pillow discussion.

Because an OST is probably going to get the most use from me.

As to the other question, why anyone would want:

ictjr.jpg

over:

AyHjf.jpg

is beyond me.

But again, I'll take any prize and be happy. Just talking preference here.

smr00

Banned
Because an OST is probably going to get the most use from me.

As to the other question, why anyone would want:

ictjr.jpg

over:

AyHjf.jpg

is beyond me.

But again, I'll take any prize and be happy. Just talking preference here.
Little mario busts/statues/figures are a dime a dozen, a mario pillow? nobody has a mario pillow.

First time being plat and i would be more then happy to get that pillow, would rather have it then a shitty button set.

Gameboy415

I got my invite/registered today too! :D

I signed up for 1-3 on July 21st, location is currently TBA.

I just want something I will actually use. My Mario hat is in a box somewhere, the statue looks cool on my desk at work I guess, and I opted out of the pin set and got the desk calendar last year. I'd like to get something like a soundtrack or controller or free game or something. That pillow would collect dust somewhere :\

isny

napkin dispenser
At 100 coins into the new year. I still have a ton of surveys I have yet to fill out that won't expire until 2014, 2015, 2016, etc., so gonna sit on em and hope that the 3DS XL and the Wii U are enough to make Platinum.

I hope we get the Kirby rewards Japan is getting for the release of the Wii Kirby collection. I need something to spend my 1200 coins on =/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Two new 3DS downloadable titles this week:

Akari by Nikoli
Family Tennis 3D

If anyone purchases these and discovers they have registration surveys, please let me know. For the moment I've listed them both as having -no- reg. survey.

b3b0p

I still haven't even bothered to open up the button set. Pretty lame prize.

lol, mine are still in the original bag and box Nintendo shipped them in too. I didn't have any place to put them since I was in a < 500 SQFT apt until a month ago. Just got a Condo. I guess they will be going on the mantle of my fireplace... don't know what else to do with them.

smr00

Banned
lol, mine are still in the original bag and box Nintendo shipped them in too. I didn't have any place to put them since I was in a < 500 SQFT apt until a month ago. Just got a Condo. I guess they will be going on the mantle of my fireplace... don't know what else to do with them.
If you have no real interest in them i would just ebay them.

That's what my friend did when he got his, have no idea what they are worth now though.

jayb

can these prizes be bought elsewhere, or are they exclusive items that can only be obtained through the nintendo club?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd like a free classic game download more than anything. If they can give them away for 100 coins, I don't see the harm in giving one away for spending $$$$$ on Nintendo games/systems.

Reclaimer

I'm far too impatient for this. Perhaps we all get XL cases, and they are waiting to announce it until closer to the XL release?

Top Bottom