• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Berordn

I plan on buying NSMB2 digitally with my 3ds, what will happen with my coins?

They haven't announced it, but linking your Club Nintendo account to your 3DS shop account already provides surveys and coins for eShop purchases so it'll probably give you the full amount.

Drago

NA CN needs to get on soundtracks pronto. I dont care if they are game exclusive (OoT 3D) just PUT THEM THERE

The one thing I want most

zroid

Banned
all of the soundtracks released on Japan's Club Nintendo bundled together in a single package as a platinum reward for NA

drooling yet?

BooJoh

I plan on buying NSMB2 digitally with my 3ds, what will happen with my coins?

I would assume that instead of entering a code, the survey will go straight to the account, 40 coins and all. That would make sense

definitely this, yup. not being able to hoard codes ftl

Remember, part of the plan was to be able to buy a code for the digital version at retail too. Assuming this works like the codes we get from Club Nintendo it'll still just credit you the full amount upon download, but I'm not sure anyone knows just yet what exactly you would get if you walked into GameStop and asked to buy a digital copy of NSMB2. There have been games released before (one of the Patapon games comes to mind) that you could buy a retail package that simply contained a code instead of a physical game, in which case it's possible (but not likely) that the CN code would still be on an insert.

Just something to consider until we know exactly how everything works.

donny2112

Whether you buy it directly from the eShop or buy a card with a code that you then use on the eShop, the method of getting the CN coins would probably be the same. The registration survey would probably just show up in your CN to-do list after download, I'd think.

Clipper

I reckon it will be an automated thing too, just like all other eShop purchases that have registration surveys. This is why Super Mario Land 2 got a registration survey unlike every other VC game, because it was being sold at retail. The full games will almost certainly have the same setup so purchase via the eShop or via buying a code at retail and the game will auto-register when you enter it into the shop, needing you to go to Club Nintendo within the week to answer the survey.

I was thinking the gifts might be something related to the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary since last year was pretty Zelda-centric.

Also, Booo to whoever suggested Mario themed 3DSs :( Getting my hopes up like that!

Fou-Lu

Why is it that the symbol in my profile is for gold status even though my account says I've achieved platinum for 2012?

CPCunha

registered a bunch of games i've been accumulating. I'm 60 points shy of platinum 2013...gonna hit that with all those horrible post play surveys... <=0(

WiiU and 3dsXL are going to make me platinum 2014, life is good.

bumpkin

Just went through my stack of game registrations and post-play surveys I was hoarding for the new CN year. All of those put me up to 390 coins, and I figure I've got another 70 coins coming down the pipeline with post-play surveys for the new registrations.

So far, so good!

iphys

I would gladly take a 3DS case if that were the reward, but not everyone has a 3DS and many of us already got the Mario pouches, so I don't know about that. I suppose it would have been pretty hard to get platinum this year if you didn't have a 3DS though.

MarkusRJR

Just coming in to ask if they announced the new prizes yet...? The wait is killing me.

*cue some lame prize like a stylus or case*

BooJoh

I reckon it will be an automated thing too, just like all other eShop purchases that have registration surveys. This is why Super Mario Land 2 got a registration survey unlike every other VC game, because it was being sold at retail. The full games will almost certainly have the same setup so purchase via the eShop or via buying a code at retail and the game will auto-register when you enter it into the shop, needing you to go to Club Nintendo within the week to answer the survey.

Fine by me, I'd like to see them start using the QR codes as well though. The option is right there in the Enter Download Code menu, so it baffles me that Club Nintendo doesn't already generate a QR code for you to scan in right there when you redeem coins for a game.

massoluk

Banned
I am so taking that Mario pillow to my office, using it as back cushion, announcing my manchildness to the entire finance world.

I am so taking that Mario pillow to my office, using it as back cushion, announcing my manchildness to the entire finance world.

Damn. If you do it, I'll do it too ffs.

I'm already using my pipe mug at the office but I don't think anybody's recognized it so far.

Top Bottom