• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Servbot24

Banned
Bought GTAV, MegaMan Legacy, Journey Collection, and Darksiders II. I've already played Journey and the MegaMan games but wanted to have them on PS4. Never played a GTA or Darksiders game.

How is Mad Max? I heard it got only mediocre reviews, but it's only 8 bucks

Should I also bother getting Blood and Wine right now when I'm only a couple hours into Witcher 3?

Gaenor

Banned
Does the 20% off code only work with purchases made from the PS4? I tried to buy games off the webstore and the code didn't worked.

I don't have access to my PS4 right now, so I can't try it by myself.

Moltenix

Does the 20% off code only work with purchases made from the PS4? I tried to buy games off the webstore and the code didn't worked.

I don't have access to my PS4 right now, so I can't try it by myself.

Yeah, that code only works when purchasing directly from the PS4.

Gaspard

If that one post about a 20% off code working for multiple people is true here's mine.

Quote to see:

You gotta input it in the PSN Store on PS4 for it to work.

If that one post about a 20% off code working for multiple people is true here's mine.

Quote to see:

You gotta input it in the PSN Store on PS4 for it to work.

I tried using someone else's 20% off code and didn't work. Had to buy mine at eBay.

P.S. Begging for code is nice when it's free, but here sadly it isn't.

Astral

Bought Shadow of Mordor. For $7.19 I can't complain too much. Combat feels so weightless though. Maybe I have to get used to it.

robotrock

Banned
Bought Shadow of Mordor. For $7.19 I can't complain too much. Combat feels so weightless though. Maybe I have to get used to it.

Thats just how shadow of mordor rolls.

I've got my fill of the batman combat system. would be perfectly fine if i never saw it again

i-Lo

Canadian here. Haul (for CDN $64.43)

• TW3 expansions: serce z kamienia & Krew i wino
  • DOOOOOOOOOM
  • Mothers Against Drunkards Max
  • Austin Wintory's finest on PS4

yella

After agonising for a while, I finally decided on the the games I wanted:

Darksiders 1 & 2 (doing my part to keep the series alive)
Minecraft: Story Mode (my boys love Minecraft)
Trackmania Turbo (again, for my boys)
Tales of Zestiria (haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)
Mighty No 9 (why not? can't be that bad...)

Final total (after 10% discount) - $72.66

Not too shabby, if I say so myself...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How is Mad Max? I heard it got only mediocre reviews, but it's only 8 bucks
I thought it was great fun. For starters, it's gorgeous, it's so colorful. Also, while on paper it has some repetitive open-world elements, the driving and the combat are both so engaging, it makes it all good. I was happy with it at full price, $8 would be great. I sold a friend on the game two days ago just by showing him a few minutes of me driving around and a bit of car combat.

fbutron

Happy with my haul:

Tomb raider (yeah as I said numerous times waited until sub 40 usd)
Titanfall 2
Chapters 4,5 and 6 from Hitman

Waiting for applying my 20% code early tuesday for FFXV and Deus X hopefully still get the Deux X discount

Bad news no preloading for FF =(

the 10 % off code does not work. How old is it?

I have not used any code recently. I bought Skyrim yesterday but did not use any code. Last purchase before that was in August.

Buying via web shop

lol

yyr

Yeah, I'm trying to use the 10% code, and it's saying it was already redeemed.

I'm using the Web store; moving on Monday, already packed my PS4.

I know there was a 10% off code for a previous sale, like maybe last year, and I used that at the time. That doesn't carry over, does it...?

EDIT: I just kept trying; it eventually worked.

Zero315

Banned
Yeah, I'm trying to use the 10% code, and it's saying it was already redeemed.

I'm using the Web store; moving on Monday, already packed my PS4.

I know there was a 10% off code for a previous sale, like maybe last year, and I used that at the time. That doesn't carry over, does it...?

Same thing is happening for me on the PS4 store.

Ponn

Banned
I ended up getting Witcher 3 complete from Amazon and i got Fallout 4 from Target. So my PSN final tally was MegaMania Dimensions Neptunia ($5 i mean, whatever) Fallout 4 season pass, Batman Telltale and I am Setsuna.

I am strongly considering cancelling my Last Guardian CE order now because i'm definitely getting FFXV no matter what and now this backlog is ridiculous. I'd be literally throwing the Last Guardian box in the corner and forgetting about it.

Mad Max is so much better than Shadow of Mordor.
The car combat is really fun and while the hand to hand combat is simpler, it feels more satisfying.

Korezo

I input 10% off code because I was going to buy something, then I removed the 10% off from cart, and now I can't even use the code because it's been redeemed? Is there a way to use that 10% off code I removed?

Thanks! That's very helpful.

Why is it great? What makes it great that I should hold out for?

The opening 30 minutes are tedious and something about the way you move through the world is making me nauseous.

How different is the rest of the game?

It's a slow spiral into insanity. It's a short game (only 2 hours or so) and getting into more detail would spoil it. Get out of the first area.

Or don't. One of the more memorable gaming experience, imo.

Is anyone else getting really slow download speeds on NA? I'm guessing the PSN servers are getting hammered.

I'm trying to download Deus Ex and it's going wayyyyyyyyyyy slower than usual.

JP

Sorry, I haven't been following this since yesterday. Have they added any new deals today or is it all the same stuff as yesterday?

EDIT:
The same for the EU sale, if anybody knows?

Lady Gaia

Try pausing and resuming.

I had to do this for several games I purchased on Thursday. They'd slow to an absolute crawl but pausing and resuming got things moving again. I'm not sure how much is Sony's end and how much is my ISP trying to cope with increased demand through the holiday.

boingball

Anyone have an idea on how to use the 10% off coupon. It states that the coupon has already been redeemed. It has not and it happened on the first time using it. Has it expired? Sony's blog states until 29th, though the latest two comments from 26th also complain about this issue. I am using the store from the PS4.

Edit:

Tried again after waiting 1h and it finally worked.

Batman and Borderlands Telltale games, NHL17 and AC Unity bought. Now I have to free up some space...

Top Bottom