• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Planning to pick up Hitman, Deus Ex, and Mad Max. Hoping the discount code starts working again soon as I'd like to start playing them tomorrow afternoon.

BrunOz

I've got Naruto UNS4, Cyber Sleuth and still $10 left

Is Mighty No.9 really that bad as people say?

I loved all the 2D Megaman games back then, even X6 and Megaman 8 (one of my favorites, sprites and animations are beautiful and the soundtrack is awesome), should I get it?

Assanova

Blows my mind Battlefront is on sale but not the DLC despite the ultimate edition box copy having the dlc.

This type of shenanigans is pretty normal on PSN. They have all of these weird versions of games while not allowing people to get what they want at a reasonable price, if at all. I know that they did this with BLOPS3 and Destiny.

I've got Naruto UNS4, Cyber Sleuth and still $10 left

Is Mighty No.9 really that bad as people say?

I loved all the 2D Megaman games back then, even X6 and Megaman 8 (one of my favorites, sprites and animations are beautiful and the soundtrack is awesome), should I get it?

It is mediocre, way worse than any megaman other than X7. I got to the last stage the first day I owned it and never bothered to finish it. It's 2 hours of your life better spent on ANY other game.

There was a recent post on Reddit. A network engineer looked in depth as to what was causing the random slow speeds of PSN downloads.

TL;DR version is Sony use a few different CDN (third party hosting companies that you download from). The main one always produced slow downloads. It's likely that it's bandwidth capped by design to save cost to Sony.

If you use a PC as a proxy server, you can get the static IP of one of the other CDNs and put it in your host file, you'll always get full speed downloads.

Another point is that content downloads in chucks, so you might start on a faster CDN then when your d/l speeds slow, you'd have changed to the slower one. Pausing / Resuming can change the CDN you're connected to, which is why it can improve speeds.

If thats true then why are my psn speeds greatly improved with the pro

Both good choices. Also recommend checking out Ratchet & Clank if just want to see what the Pro can do.
Got ratchet yesterday as a birthday gift and the HDR is mind boggling good.

Just can't decide on hitman or TR. Both look great and they're close to the same price. Unless you can stack the 10% on top of the BF deals, then I may just get hitman.

Edit: it does stack, lol. Ugh, which to choose!

etrain911

If I were gonna grab Doom or Overwatch, which would be better? I already am getting the Battlefield 1 and Titanfall bundle if that's at all helpful. I know they're both incredibly different experiences. I don't have a mic either which may cause problems in Overwatch.
I would jump in Witcher 3 if I hadn't already been playing the first two on my computer. I want to finish the trilogy with my Geralt.
Also how is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If I were gonna grab Doom or Overwatch, which would be better? I already am getting the Battlefield 1 and Titanfall bundle if that's at all helpful. I know they're both incredibly different experiences. I don't have a mic either which may cause problems in Overwatch.
I would jump in Witcher 3 if I hadn't already been playing the first two on my computer. I want to finish the trilogy with my Geralt.
Also how is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

No mic won't be a problem in Overwatch. I've played tons of it and have never once used a mic (aside from the rare times when I'm playing with friends).

Chucker

Those 20% codes are all the same as when you bought a PS4, right? I've used one back last December so I'm out right?

Waiting for my Sony Rewards to get emailed to me so I can snag Setsuna.

Toki767

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Elder Scrolls Online @ $9.99...

Any thoughts?

I hear the DLCs make the game much better, but I don't know myself.

Those 20% codes are all the same as when you bought a PS4, right? I've used one back last December so I'm out right?

Waiting for my Sony Rewards to get emailed to me so I can snag Setsuna.

I used one last year during Christmas and I used one this year a couple days ago. They seem to be 1 per calendar year.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It is true and people draw stupid conclusions all the time.

In the beginning I drew the conclusion that rest mode improves download speed. But that was incorrect. What happened was that the download was paused and resumed on a different CDN server where it was quicker when I observed the download speed.

What kind of CDN server you can get can be seemingly influenced by the DNS server you choose but in the end it's luck of the draw with some geographical areas having more luck than others.

I'm pretty lucky as I mostly get good Akamai servers, whereas others are unlucky as they get more Limelight servers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I thought I'd like Hitman based on my love of MGS, but I'm really not feeling it so far. I wish PSN had 2 hour refunds like Steam does.

Copped GGXrd Revelator, Pac Man CE2 and I am Setsuna with the 20% off code from eBay.

Setsuna was the big one for me...hoping it's pretty good since it's an unabashed throwback-style game.

MAX PAYMENT

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Elder Scrolls Online @ $9.99...

Any thoughts?

I actually just started playing it. Its pretty cool. A slog until level 10, which is when group content and the pvp map unlock.

They also made a huge update full of quality of life improvements. It's an awesome casual mmo so far.

Costia

going to be in the US in a month or so.
Should I buy the destiny collection for 40$ on PSN or is it cheaper physical in US stores?

chogidogs

I actually just started playing it. Its pretty cool. A slog until level 10, which is when group content and the pvp map unlock.

They also made a huge update full of quality of life improvements. It's an awesome casual mmo so far.

Game is also very dense. I'm 18 now and I haven't reached the pvp map yet cause I've been doing quests from towns I randomly run into.

MAX PAYMENT

Game is also very dense. I'm 18 now and I haven't reached the pvp map yet cause I've been doing quests from towns I randomly run into.

You just queue up for pvp from the menu.
Activity finder.

I still have no idea what making your home or guest location means in the pvp area.

Trojan

There was a recent post on Reddit. A network engineer looked in depth as to what was causing the random slow speeds of PSN downloads.

TL;DR version is Sony use a few different CDN (third party hosting companies that you download from). The main one always produced slow downloads. It's likely that it's bandwidth capped by design to save cost to Sony.

If you use a PC as a proxy server, you can get the static IP of one of the other CDNs and put it in your host file, you'll always get full speed downloads.

Another point is that content downloads in chucks, so you might start on a faster CDN then when your d/l speeds slow, you'd have changed to the slower one. Pausing / Resuming can change the CDN you're connected to, which is why it can improve speeds.

My network speeds basically doubled with the Pro. Have no idea why from a technical standpoint but I'm thrilled I don't have that constant bottleneck anymore

i-Jest

I HAVE A QUESTION

I want to buy both versions of God Eater 2 and I am Setsuna. The 20% off code only works if you redeem it on your PS4 right? I'm going to have to buy the Vita version of God Eater 2 on the webstore with the 10% off, if I want any kind of discount for it right?

Can these codes be stacked?

Kill3r7

I HAVE A QUESTION

I want to buy both versions of God Eater 2 and I am Setsuna. The 20% off code only works if you redeem it on your PS4 right? I'm going to have to buy the Vita version of God Eater 2 on the webstore with the 10% off, if I want any kind of discount for it right?

Correct and they cannot be stacked.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I HAVE A QUESTION

Codes cannot be stacked unfortunately. The 20% code only works on the console, true.

Top Bottom