• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Electret

Well this is absolutely fucked. Got all my items in my cart and proceeded to checkout only to have PSN complain none of the three payment methods I have on file are valid. WTF?!

Does anyone have any advice on this issue? I'm gonna contact my bank first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well this is absolutely fucked. Got all my items in my cart and proceeded to checkout only to have PSN complain none of the three payment methods I have on file are valid. WTF?!

Do you see the charge showing in your online account ?

My only choice was to buy PSN prepaid card codes on Amazon..:(

ZoyosJD

I received the "transaction may not be completed...check transaction history" and "$0.00 missed charges" in transaction history yesterday. it seems something on Sony's end is screwing up because of their credit card validation and the number of transactions being processed. Nothing was screwy on my banks end.

Wound up grabbing an instantly redeemable code off Amazon to complete the transaction.

Electret

Thanks for the responses. I did see three entries of my attempted PSN transaction on my statement, with the latest being a credit for that amount.

Bank said it's PSN and to try again in a few minutes, which I will do soon.

BrunOz

So, between Mad Max and Mighty No.9, I've got the latter and I'm really enjoying it, decent challenging levels and tough bosses, dashing like crazy for combos feels fun, I like the dreamcast era visuals with bloom turned off too but I kinda understand where the disliking for the visuals comes from looking at the budget this game had, but gameplay feels fine for me, not a bad game overall IMHO.

Sorry Mad Max, I loved the movie but I'm kinda burned out on the genre with Batman AK and Shadow of Mordor sitting on my backlog.

Proc

Hmm, probably been asked a ton in here already but Far Cry 4 or Primal?

Thinkin Primal for something fresh.

Far cry 4 is one of my favourite games of recent years and I still have primal on my shelf uninished. Take that as you may. I'll plan on finishing it but not before a few other games I'm more excited about.

Quick

Banned
Ended up going with The Witcher 3 Complete Edition and Assassin's Creed Unity.

Thought about a bunch of others, but I want to get through a few games first before buying any more.

Z_Y

Somebody talk me out of Mafia 3. I've already spent too much on BF deals and also picked up WD2. I know it's got problems but something about this time period and sound track is drawing me in...

Gorillaz

Stuck deciding between Hitman S1 and DS3 DLC to check out. I already ran a tab up on other stuff this BF and im getting FF15 (which I might regret in the next 3 days)

what's the chances the DLC for DS3 gets discounted? the next release is in january so maybe they will do a cut right before then?

Somebody talk me out of Mafia 3. I've already spent too much on BF deals and also picked up WD2. I know it's got problems but something about this time period and sound track is drawing me in...

what is it 30 bucks for Mafia?

it's going to hit 30 again before Christmas imo. Probably a sneak discount the weekend before or week of

Cornbread78

You are already in too deep, you might as well. Also, a couple of patches ago they fixed a bunch of stuff, so people have said ot plays fine in the OT.

Carm

Single player only, titanfall 2 or cod iw? I like sci-fi settings.

Mechanically and fun wise I enjoyed TF2 more, but it is extremely short, even on hard. IW, I didn't care for the repetitive side missions but it was the best CoD campaign I've played out of the only 4 I've played by a long shot (ghosts,adv warfare, blops 3, IW).

Gorillaz

Single player only, titanfall 2 or cod iw? I like sci-fi settings.

See I get that gaf liked IW's SP but my problem with cod since MW2 was that it has had no chill whatsoever. No real quiet moment to reflect on the last mission. Just action to action. Like it gets actually tiring after awhile that you would just want it to stop if you didn't like how the way SP has went down in cod's after MW2 and it's over the top action you won't like this since it's not that different. The presentation is great tho. TF2 is a bit more leaner with some fun platforming moments but easier to knock out just light on narrative. It's actually hilarious a CoD winning the narrative battle. TF2 might be more memorable gameplay wise tbh.

I just picked up Titanfall 2, Megaman Legacy Collection and Trackmania Turbo for $51.

I'm weak. Can't imagine playing any of these soon as I'm deeeep in to Battlefield and NBA 2k at the moment, but not a bad problem to have.

DjDonFrancisco

Neo Member
Been eyeing Fallout 4 for a while but the framerate issues always keep me at bay. Can anyone speak on how it is at this point in it's life? Same goes for Just Cause 3.

Shame that framerate issues seemed to have plagued what would otherwise be great games.

I ordered a PS4 bundle, and I've got my eye on a few games. I've always wanted to try Destiny and/or The Division, and both can be had for some pretty good discounts.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, probably been asked a ton in here already but Far Cry 4 or Primal?

Thinkin Primal for something fresh.

Both were a 9/10 for me personally. If you want shooting and blowing stuff up, Far Cry 4 would be the better choice but if you want better atmosphere, immersion and stealth using spears and stabbing weapons, Primal would be the better choice. For $15 each, you can't go wrong either way.

Darknight

So regarding Batllefront...should I buy the delux version? Or just get the vanilla version??

Just so you guys know, I purchased the Ultimate edition on disk and will just redeem the code and sell the physical disk.

Toki767

So regarding Batllefront...should I buy the delux version? Or just get the vanilla version??

Just so you guys know, I purchased the Ultimate edition on disk and will just redeem the code and sell the physical disk.

Oh the Ultimate Edition is just a code for the DLC?

Well hell. I may as well just spend $6 on the vanilla version and trade-in the disc.

Darknight

Cool! Thanks for quick reply!

Oh the Ultimate Edition is just a code for the DLC?

Well hell. I may as well just spend $6 on the vanilla version and trade-in the disc.

From what I read, yes it just a code for the DLC. I figure I can resell the disk for $10.

For MP, I like to have them digital. So basically ~$20 for game+season pass if I can get rid of the game disk on ebay/letgo.

Darknight

GTA V
Tales from Borderlands
Bound
Trackmania Turbo
Carnival games VR
Pac-Man Champ 2
Battlefront
Darkest Dungeon

$92.71

Not bad. Do I need to know anything on Borderlands to understand the Tales game? I have 1+2 on my PC but never played them due to many issues of delaying my PC. Heard good things on Darkest Dungeon. Hope Pac-Man is not super hard to get the trophies!

jobrro

Not bad. Do I need to know anything on Borderlands to understand the Tales game? I have 1+2 on my PC but never played them due to many issues of delaying my PC. Heard good things on Darkest Dungeon. Hope Pac-Man is not super hard to get the trophies!

I never played Borderlands before Tales and still had a great time. There's will be some references you'll miss but it's still great regardless.

Velcro Fly

Do I use the 10% code on stuff not on sale but that I want anyway

Or do I just ignore the 10% code and wait for what I want to go on sale again since it has in the past.

Looking at Trails in the Sky. Really want to dive into FC when I go on Christmas Break starting December 16. Would feel totally foolish if in the next couple weeks they go on sale after I bit with the 10% off code.

Stage On

Tempted to get Batman: The Telltale Series but am hesitant since I KNOW it will be cheaper since all the Telltale stuff goes on sale regularly

So this is probably a weird question, but how is Minecraft: Story Mode for someone who generally enjoys Minecraft but isn't really into kid humor? I've heard that Story Mode does start to take itself seriously after awhile and it does get dark at times, but if it's mostly kiddy humor with barely any plot then I don't see it holding my interest for long.

I'm really only considering it because I kinda want to see how a Minecraft game focusing on story would play out and because I have two siblings who would enjoy it even if I don't.

Top Bottom