• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] - PSN Flash Sale is live, The Witcher 3 25, The Order 1886, Wolfenstein 9

//DEVIL//

I didn't know that 10% off was a one time use only and purchased stuff from the psn but I want to buy another things like the drive club bikes and old blood. Is there any other code I can use for discounts ?

JKRMA

Banned
Got witcher 3, wolfenstein new blood and borderlands collection with the 10% discount here in Canada:) no tax then on top of it!

- J - D -

Far Cry 4 is fantastic and I thought it was much more engaging than 3.

Far Cry 4 is a lot like 3. If you liked 3, you'll like 4.
Borderlands 2 and the Presequel are also fantastic and as far as content goes, it'll last you a lot longer.
It's up to you.

How about if I loved FC2, kinda liked FC3 (but never finished it)?

In any case, there's a demo for FC4 on PSN so I'll give that a shot first.

autoduelist

How about if I loved FC2, kinda liked FC3 (but never finished it)?

In any case, there's a demo for FC4 on PSN so I'll give that a shot first.

Both FC4 and BL are solid buys. FC4 is a bit 'more of the same' of FC3, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If anything, they improved base takeovers... though it suffer from the same issues many open world games do, you're either early in the game and everything feels 'hard' (not necessarily in a bad way) or you're massively OP.

Borderlands has a much crazier vibe, with over the top characters. I think FC3 makes a nice thoughtful SP game at times, with base invasions, etc. BLs, on the other hand, is a perfect coop game that's an absolute crazy blast to play.

You can't go wrong with either; but I absolutely loved BL2 (on PS3) and would recommend that over FC4, especially if you played FC3.

jwk94

So what exactly does it mean by "it ends on Monday"? Does that mean the last day to buy stuff is Monday or 12am PST Monday it's over?

Picked up new order and old blood.

Also got The Order 1886 and I am just floored at how incredible the graphics are. Does my CRT and ps4 justice.

Considered the hyper dimension neptunia games but will just get them on pc later i guess

I didn't know that 10% off was a one time use only and purchased stuff from the psn but I want to buy another things like the drive club bikes and old blood. Is there any other code I can use for discounts ?

make an canadian account, it's cheaper, same prices as in US $.

I bought 3, three-month PlayStation Plus cards from Walmart today, and attempted to enter them all on my PS4 system through the "redeem codes" method. None worked, all giving me the error code, "WC-40355-7." The link on Sony's website gives a very short answer saying that it's a sub account, and not a master. My account is not a sub-account, and I have never had anything but the single master account.

My Plus membership is 5 days away from expiring, and now I have 3 useless card that will not work. I also attempted to enter them on the PS app and directly on Sony's site, there I only get an invalid code error. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm pretty frustrated here.

The cards, as far as I can tell are all authentic, bought directly from Walmart, and I personally scratched the code myself.

I bought 3, three-month PlayStation Plus cards from Walmart today, and attempted to enter them all on my PS4 system through the "redeem codes" method. None worked, all giving me the error code, "WC-40355-7." The link on Sony's website gives a very short answer saying that it's a sub account, and not a master. My account is not a sub-account, and I have never had anything but the single master account.

My Plus membership is 5 days away from expiring, and now I have 3 useless card that will not work. I also attempted to enter them on the PS app and directly on Sony's site, there I only get an invalid code error. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm pretty frustrated here.

The cards, as far as I can tell are all authentic, bought directly from Walmart, and I personally scratched the code myself.

Try calling Sony I guess.

Vash63

I must be incredibly blind because I still can't find that 10% code anywhere on the first page, it's referenced as being in the first post though...

I must be incredibly blind because I still can't find that 10% code anywhere on the first page, it's referenced as being in the first post though...

CUxB6jsWcAAaGHz.jpg:large

(It's in the second post. :D)

After 2 fruitless days of trying to use the web store, I finally got home and was able to buy The Order and Godzilla on my PS4.

I don't really understand why the web storefront for PSN is so horrible but it's rarely ever worked for me. Buying stuff on my PS4 has always worked though.

- J - D -

Both FC4 and BL are solid buys. FC4 is a bit 'more of the same' of FC3, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If anything, they improved base takeovers... though it suffer from the same issues many open world games do, you're either early in the game and everything feels 'hard' (not necessarily in a bad way) or you're massively OP.

Borderlands has a much crazier vibe, with over the top characters. I think FC3 makes a nice thoughtful SP game at times, with base invasions, etc. BLs, on the other hand, is a perfect coop game that's an absolute crazy blast to play.

You can't go wrong with either; but I absolutely loved BL2 (on PS3) and would recommend that over FC4, especially if you played FC3.

Thanks. I ended up getting both, though I'm sure I won't get actually play both by the time one or the other goes on sale again. Oh well! :D

Really enjoying the first hour of serious Sam 3 and its dirt cheap. It's like a mix of half life and duke nukem or something. Really having more fun with it than I did some other new high profile fps than came out this year. Why more people don't buy this?

Does it get worse or something? So far it's with way more than I payed.

thelastword

Banned
Picked up new order and old blood.

Also got The Order 1886 and I am just floored at how incredible the graphics are. Does my CRT and ps4 justice.

Considered the hyper dimension neptunia games but will just get them on pc later i guess
WOW, you still play on a CRT, I'd love to see what the order looks like on a CRT monitor, I remember Sony made the GDM=FW900 which went up to 2304 * 1440p, I imagine 1886 would look even better on such a monitor.

Ricky_R

For those who are thrown off a bit by The Order's post processing effects, remember that you can adjust them in photomode and then save them to play the game as you set them. The game looks mindblowing beneath all those effects.

gunstarhero

After 2 fruitless days of trying to use the web store, I finally got home and was able to buy The Order and Godzilla on my PS4.

I don't really understand why the web storefront for PSN is so horrible but it's rarely ever worked for me. Buying stuff on my PS4 has always worked though.

I've had the same issues - however on a whim I tried the web store yesterday afternoon and my Godzilla pick up went right through.

First time the web store didn't give me problems all year.

Also grabbed Blazblue and Capsule Force!

spwolf

probably issues they experience due to holidays or hacking, whatever.. i couldnt add funds via website but purchase worked over PS4.

In any case, got lots of stuff... PC, New Order, USFIV, BF4, FIFA16 (ugh), ESO and Fluster Cluck.... kids loved FC ($1.5), and FIFA is FIFA crap but kiddies want UT so what can I do.

Hupsel

Ugh dunno if I go with Mad Max or wait for Just Cause 3... but some people are saying Just Cause 3 isnt that good on the PS4... decisions, decisions...

kevin1025

Banned
Ugh dunno if I go with Mad Max or wait for Just Cause 3... but some people are saying Just Cause 3 isnt that good on the PS4... decisions, decisions...

There are framerate issues with Just Cause 3, but the insane loading time story is apparently because of the connection issues for leaderboards and such, and that if it fails to connect during loads the loading goes on for a longer period of time. After launch that will likely not be an issue at all, and most others have been saying 20-30 second loads are the usual.

But! Mad Max is a good time, and Just Cause 3 looks great. I thought I'd mention it, to make it an even playing field again :D
and to totally make the decision harder.

Hupsel

There are framerate issues with Just Cause 3, but the insane loading time story is apparently because of the connection issues for leaderboards and such, and that if it fails to connect during loads the loading goes on for a longer period of time. After launch that will likely not be an issue at all, and most others have been saying 20-30 second loads are the usual.

But! Mad Max is a good time, and Just Cause 3 looks great. I thought I'd mention it, to make it an even playing field again :D

Thanks! Yeah, hard decisions. Guess Ill roll the dice and let destiny decide. :p

kevin1025

Banned
Thanks! Yeah, hard decisions. Guess Ill roll the dice and let destiny decide. :p

That works! The way I'd look at it is Mad Max is cheaper at the moment, so if you're looking for something in the next few days, that would be the good choice, especially since the game is a known quantity at the moment. But if I'm not mistaken Just Cause 3 reviews come out tomorrow and people are allowed to stream it since yesterday, so some streams may help the decision, as well!

So many old games on sale to browse through.

Max Payne 3 for $5.00

or

Max Payne 3 + RDR bundle for... $5.10

That Max Payne 3 only is a way better deal, no one likes RDR.

That's an insane deal!

The Order and Wolf TOB are no brainers but not sure on other stuff.

I don´t have too much time to play so skipping Witcher 3. Don't have PS plus so focusing on SP gaming for the same reason as not picking Witcher 3.

Others I want
NBA 2K16 (really want this but high price and no time to play)
ME SoM GOTY
Borderlands THC
GTA V
Batman AK

I am really cheap these days since I buy stuff but have very little time to play, so I apply the waiting game on most games now. Batman and GTA V will surely drop more by next year. I think it is between Middle Earth and Borderlands THC.

netguy503

Is hateoful boyfriend (sp) (the bird game) cross buy with Vita? I get the impression on here it might be but I'd like to know before I buy. Thanks.

I'm just over here trying to buy the bloodborne dlc and after 10 minutes of store loading, I finally get to checkout only for the store to crash completely. Now the store isn't loading at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

hydruxo

PS store finally let me buy Wolfenstein New Order haha. I've been trying to buy it for the past couple days and kept getting 'server maintenance' errors. Anyways, I couldn't pass this up for 9 bucks especially since I've been meaning to play this since it came out. Hope it's as good as people say it is!

Just Cause 3 I think will be a surprise to some. It looks like they perfected the formula.

PS store finally let me buy Wolfenstein New Order haha. I've been trying to buy it for the past couple days and kept getting 'server maintenance' errors. Anyways, I couldn't pass this up for 9 bucks especially since I've been meaning to play this since it came out. Hope it's as good as people say it is!

You're getting 3-4x the gameplay of The Order 1886 at the same cost. Can't go wrong.

That Max Payne 3 + RDR deal was crazy good. I have yet to play either game, so I'm good. Also got RE: R for $9.99 and Metal Slug X.

I don't have a PS4, so I got GTA5, Handsome Collection, Wolfenstein bundle, and Rare Replay on the Xbone. That on top of my backlog of PS+/XBL games this year. I'm set for a while I think.

finalflame

Can anyone who bought ESO vouch in the game still being pretty active? Thinking of picking it up. Really wanna go for it but don't wanna jump into a dead MMO :/

Can anyone who bought ESO vouch in the game still being pretty active? Thinking of picking it up. Really wanna go for it but don't wanna jump into a dead MMO :/

I logged in the other day (pre sale) and it seemed pretty active still, new expansion is out at the moment. It would be great if it was across both PSN and Xboxlive.

Fonz72

Ended up grabbing Wolfenstein:The New Order, Wolfenstein:The Old Blood, Godzilla, and The Order 1886.

Not really sure about Godzilla, but it looks like it might be pretty good if one goes into it with the right expectations. The black and white film filter looks really good.

Fox Mulder

Yeah I finally picked it up too. Looks nice, I liked the Raven developed wolfenstein that came out a few years ago too.

finalflame

I logged in the other day (pre sale) and it seemed pretty active still, new expansion is out at the moment. It would be great if it was across both PSN and Xboxlive.
Neat, i picked up the $40 Premium pack. Figured it's worth it for a pay-to-play MMO. Double-dipping, couldn't find friends to play with on PC at first and hate Bethesda's stubborn refusal to bring controller support to PC.

Ended up grabbing Wolfenstein:The New Order, Wolfenstein:The Old Blood, Godzilla, and The Order 1886.

Not really sure about Godzilla, but it looks like it might be pretty good if one goes into it with the right expectations. The black and white film filter looks really good.

Do you like Godzilla and want a game that controls like a kaiju movie? Yes? Buy it.

Top Bottom