• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] - PSN Flash Sale is live, The Witcher 3 25, The Order 1886, Wolfenstein 9

People still not buying or caring about serious Sam. Man, I like it more than the order. Yes I know it's ugly but seems great.

For those who played it does level design stay as good as the first area. Even controls and movement feel more fast and responsive than halo 5.

I know some people need top end visuals and cut scenes but the game seems to be designed well from what I played.

Ogawa-san

Got some stuff and even though it wasn't part of the flash sale, I ended up throwing GT6 in the mix to get that 10% discount from the promo code.

I might have to leave my PS3 on for the next two days downloading and installing the patches, literally. It's so bad I'm actually impressed.

WOW, you still play on a CRT, I'd love to see what the order looks like on a CRT monitor, I remember Sony made the GDM=FW900 which went up to 2304 * 1440p, I imagine 1886 would look even better on such a monitor.
Yep, still use my sony wega for consoles (still have a ps2 hooked up) and occasionally I'll use it for pc @ (1840 * 1035p) I also have an FW900 for pc as well.

Wolfestein TOB and maybe The Order with just one of these

TW3, Middle Earth SoM GOTY or Borderlands THC

that or just grabbing NBA 2K16 and Wolf TOB.

I thought I would not say this but the biggest drawback for me about Borderlands and TW3 is length and ability to do quick sessions.

AaronB

I hate to let the coupon go to waste, but there just wasn't much for me in this sale. I had Metal Slug X for all of $2.50 sitting in my cart for a few days. Then today in looking over a list of recommended PS3 games on the IGN boards, I saw: Streets of Rage 2. Not discounted now, but at $5 I didn't need to wait.

The coupon saved me $0.74. But without it, I might not have realized Streets of Rage 2 was available. I've never owned it.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Picked up the Max Payne/RDR bundle on my PS3, also have never played either of those so yahoo!

Also bought Wolfenstein thanks to the high praise I've seen lavished on it over here... for whenever I get around to buying a PS4.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
How is the Witcher 3, Borderlands THC or Mordor for short sessions 1-2 hours??

Mordor is better for short sessions, simple and straight forward game.
Borderlands and Witcher are packed with content. Witcher is a huge RPG and Borderlands comes with a lot of DLC's.

Kill3r7

How is the Witcher 3, Borderlands THC or Mordor for short sessions 1-2 hours??

I think both Witcher 3 and Borderlands lend themselves to being played in short sessions as you can constantly save your progress. That's what I have been doing with Witcher 3 since its release. That said both games are incredibly long and you could easily spend 100+ hours prior to finishing them.

Shadow or Mordor is an excellent alternative to the other two and is comparatively short.

I think both Witcher 3 and Borderlands lend themselves to being played in short sessions as you can constantly save your progress. That's what I have been doing with Witcher 3 since its release. That said both games are incredibly long and you could easily spend 100+ hours prior to finishing them.

Shadow or Mordor is an excellent alternative to the other two and is comparatively short.

LOVED Mordor and I don't even keep up with the LOTR story. Game sounds awesome on headphones too, especially during those ogre meet-up challenge fight sequences.

Snatched up Wolfenstein for $9, holding back on other games on flash sale since I picked up Destiny Legendary Edition for BF. "YEA, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!" [SFIII announcer voice]

I got a nice chuckle out of how 1-2 hours of gaming is short to you. Those are long sessions it feels like to me these days.

No kidding. But, circumstances vary. Although I don't feel I ever thought of 1-2 hours as "short" back when I wasn't in college, just "normal" or slightly longer than that. 3-4 was definitely getting into the "long" territory back then, but obligations now make even 45 minute sessions substantial enough to require some planning ahead of time.

tanod

when is my burrito
Don't you need double the space or some arcaic shit?

I just got the ps4, but prefer how the xb1 just lets you hook up an external hdd and run games off that.

That's a PS3 issue, not a PS4 one.

I had to clear some stuff off my drive to download both Wolfenstein and the Old Blood (TOB) but only about 40 GB worth for each.

I think it's cool they did TOB as a standalone but I don't like the fact it takes the same amount of space as the original game.

I ended up ditching Wolfentein TOB and The Order for Shadow of Mordor and I ended up getting the Witcher 3.

I know The Order and Wolf TOB were really cheap, but I played and enjoyed Wolf TNO and The Order might be available after for cheap. I had limited budget and got a shorter game in Mordor, plus the bigger game in Witcher 3. I also have Metro 2033 Redux in the backlog.

Really happy with the decision.

Grimsen

finally decided to get Destiny and Hardline, and fucking PSN has blocked my credit card again for no reason.

That shit is infuriating. Last time, like 3 months ago, I had to leave my psn account without any billing info for 5 days.

Gonna pick up a psn card on the way back home :(

Hupsel

I bought Project Cars and I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely worth $20 judging from the 4 hours played. The career is pretty cool and I like that cars control so different from one another. The kart racing is also pretty good, they do feel lighter and more agile than normal cars.

How long is left until sale ends guys? I am trying to pick up digital PSN credit card on Amazon.

Probably really soon, it said on the flash page that it ends on Nov. 30. I guess they're waiting for the normal Tuesday update to end it?

Also the 10% coupon code expires in ~4.5 hours.

Docpan

Witcher 3 plays like a completely different game from when I tried it at launch and sold it off.

The game is no longer jittery as fuck. It looks so much more cinematic and realistic with the framerate this much more substantially improved.

The HUD is readable now along with in game text.

Movement is no longer janky and seemingly irresponsive.

It seriously feels like I bought a different game. Time to play more.

Witcher 3 plays like a completely different game from when I tried it at launch and sold it off.

The game is no longer jittery as fuck. It looks so much more cinematic and realistic with the framerate this much more substantially improved.

The HUD is readable now along with in game text.

Movement is no longer janky and seemingly irresponsive.

It seriously feels like I bought a different game. Time to play more.

Awesome. I'm still leaning towards getting it on PC but not 100% sure yet.

finally decided to get Destiny and Hardline, and fucking PSN has blocked my credit card again for no reason.

That shit is infuriating. Last time, like 3 months ago, I had to leave my psn account without any billing info for 5 days.

Gonna pick up a psn card on the way back home :(
This happened to me too. Started Sunday night. Carried in to Monday morning. Dealt with Sony Customer Service for over an hour before i gave up. My account got locked also, but it was due to inconsistencies on their website.

ChanMan

I ended up ditching Wolfentein TOB and The Order for Shadow of Mordor and I ended up getting the Witcher 3.

I know The Order and Wolf TOB were really cheap, but I played and enjoyed Wolf TNO and The Order might be available after for cheap. I had limited budget and got a shorter game in Mordor, plus the bigger game in Witcher 3. I also have Metro 2033 Redux in the backlog.

Really happy with the decision.

Good choices I really enjoyed both of those games.

I am still trying to decide if I should pick up Axiom Verge, I really want it but no Vita version available now lets me know I won't play it right away. I only picked up the Wolfenstein games so far.

Top Bottom