• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USGamer podcast has started. It's Retronauts with some current game talk.

wrowa

Yep, there have been several things getting in the way of the show recently, and we didn't want to half-ass the show just to be able to say we were doing it. Should be a new episode up on Wednesday.

This reminds me... I had a question on my mind for a while now. I'm not sure if you can actually answer it, but I might as well ask nevertheless.

I vaguely remember that you once wrote on GAF that if there was one thing you could change about USGamer it's the name. In one of the past podcasts however, you said that you actually once had the opportunity to rename the site, but ultimately decided against it. What caused the change of heart?

This reminds me... I had a question on my mind for a while now. I'm not sure if you can actually answer it, but I might as well ask nevertheless.

I vaguely remember that you once wrote on GAF that if there was one thing you could change about USGamer it's the name. In one of the past podcasts however, you said that you actually once had the opportunity to rename the site, but ultimately decided against it. What caused the change of heart?

One, we had a year of USgamer, so people were used to the name by that point. Two, finding a great replacement name is pretty hard and it needs to be great to justify a rebranding.

tebunker

Banned
The main podcast is back, already with 3 episodes, with youtube option. Good stuff.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fro...m-nintendo-movies-and-uncharted-review-scores

I actually really like the new format, its quick and snappy hits some good points, doesn't try to cover every thing going on, lets the staff each have input on something, rotating lead chair. Yeah good stuff.

And for those people who don't like a lot of of personal stuff ( not me, I love personal stories and interjections in my podcasts ) this is definitely for you.

Also helps that USGamer is constantly pushing out some of the better game content on the web. It is one of the few websites I have whitelisted so that they can get some ad revenue.

wrowa

I don't know if there's a more recent thread, but.. the podcast is back! Once again!

The new format seems to be split up in roughly two parts (haven't heard the entirety yet, though): 1.) Talking about the games they played and 2.) a big "Topic of the Week" sorta thing where they discuss one topic in detail. This week's topic is sequels, or more specifically what a game has to offer to be regarded as a proper sequel.

It's a nice listen.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-usgamer-podcast/id950897534?mt=2

Top Bottom