• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using Sixaxis on your PC? Stay away from MotionInJoy

That post had a quote, and that quote had a bolded sentence. The bolded sentence was the lie. Doesn't mean the poster himself is a liar... It's not really that hard to understand what I meant.

"and the mess of drivers the programs leaves behind fucks with bluetooth dongles, can't be removed"

This is a lie. That simple.

SegaFanac

Neo Member
The official release is crap, thats the reason why you have to:

1.-Install MotionJoy 7.01
2.-Install off-line modded version
3.-Play your favorite games without issues!

mjoffline.png

No ads, no connection to Chinese sites, way better GUI.

Here is the version I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2bkknq3u...001 Offline Set Design 0.0.0002 Installer.rar

The ones with "SetDS3forPCSX2.exe" are recommended for PCSX2 but my A/V detects that program as a virus (false negative according to the author...), so I only use the ones without.

Thanks for posting this info... already downloaded it, however, I am worried of starting the install (since I have to install MJ7 to then install the mod and I am worried of something going wrong on my clean windows install)

Has anyone tried this yet and how has it been running?

joeblow

Yesterday I used the same Dropbox link you quoted and it has been working perfectly.

Simply dump the contents into your MotionJoy directory (version 7 or later) and then execute one of the two .exe files that matches your OS (32 bit or 64 bit). Reset your computer and then click the local option in the program and you are good to go for offline mode.

xJavonta

Banned
Motioninjoy blows, fucked up my USB drivers a while ago when I was on W7. The software has got to be the clunkiest piece of shit I've ever seen too.

The 360 controller is superior anyway, I just broke down and bought a cheap wireless adapter for it instead of putting up with Motioninjoy's bullshit. I needed my Bluetooth adapter for my Wiimotes too so it was a win-win.

mjoffline.png

Does this version of the software still have the bluescreen issue if you use the same USB port as your 360 controller?

samn

To uninstall Motioninjoy drivers in Windows 7:

1. Go to Devices and printers page of control panel
2. Right click the motioninjoy bluetooth device
3. Properties
4. Hardware
5. Properties
6. Change settings
7. Driver
8. Uninstall
9. Device manager
10. Action
11. Scan for hardware changes

I just tried this and it reinstalled the generic Bluetooth driver.

Does this version of the software still have the bluescreen issue if you use the same USB port as your 360 controller?

Fuck me, I HATE that! I've had so many BSOD that I'm afraid of using my PS3 controller in PC.

I hope this fixes it. I want to uninstall the "official" release; is the uninstall process simple or will I need to remove some stuff in registry/folders in order to get the spyware-free version running?

So, in light of this... whole thing... Does anyone know of a really good, dpad primary (I mean either SNES or Dualshock style) controller that's rechargeable and wireless, preferably over bluetooth? I'm going to need one for emulators on my Surface when I get it, but with all this hullabaloo over MiJ and the fact that I don't want a background program running to use it, I'm feeling like the DS3 won't be my controller of choice. I'd like to use the classic controller, but that'd need the Wii remote as a dongle, which removes portability to an extent, and also requires a program to be run. Given that, if anyone knows where I can just pick up a bluetooth SNES controller that'd be AWESOME.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I used a wired 360 pad and a DS3 with motionjoy wired and wireless. The d-pad on the DS3 is perfect for emulation. I see no reason to consider anything else as well all likely have a DS3 laying around from out PS3's and you can always go back to using it on PC or PS3. If you sync it via BT on PC, you won't have to worry about unplugging it on PC and then it powering on the PS3. If you don't have it sync'd, make sure you click on disconnect so the controller basically shuts off and you can just unplug it and set it aside.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it's not intentional, but some of the ads managed to open my browser on their own. Kinda shitty releasing a driver full of ads.

Doesn't seem to happen with the offline modded version though, so thanks for that.

My experience with it was pretty bad as well. And when I tried to get rid of it, it just didn't want to go. I've been 360 controller only on the PC for some time now except when I use the Wii remote on Dolphin.

OatmealMu

mjoffline.png

So, I downloaded this some time ago. Today, I'm looking through Task Manager and notice an abnormal amount of memory useage. I look through the processes tab, and lo and behold, Motioninjoy is using 1.5GB of memory. Yeah... one point five gigabytes. Anyone else seeing crazy memory leaks?

Truespeed

It's quite sad the hoops people have to jump through in order to use their DS3 on a PC. Why does Sony make it so difficult when they bundle the USB drivers with their SDK.

Ronok

While I never had problems with ads, it did cause my wired 360 controller to give me a bsod every time I plugged it in. I could never fix the problem and ended up having to reinstall windows to sort it out.

dock

Sony should have made drivers for the sixaxis controller a long time ago, at least in wired mode. Why wouldn't they want the sixaxis to be the controller people choose for PC gaming too?

Cosmonaut

I must be in the minority because It has worked pretty seamlessly for me so far.
Nope, you're not.

I applied the offline mod which makes it even more seamless. All you have to do is start the program, click on enable and you're good to go until the next shutdown.

So, I downloaded this some time ago. Today, I'm looking through Task Manager and notice an abnormal amount of memory useage. I look through the processes tab, and lo and behold, Motioninjoy is using 1.5GB of memory. Yeah... one point five gigabytes. Anyone else seeing crazy memory leaks?

You can close the app as soon as the driver-mode is initialized, there is no need to keep the program running.

And to everyone who had problems uninstall MotionJoy, I figured out how to cleanly uninstall the drivers now! Load DS3 Tool, go to the Drivers tab and there should be a button saying "Switch to old" click on that and a "Uninstall" button should appear, click that and after it's done uninstall the rest from "Remove Software" in Windows :)

Okay, sorry for doubting the OP. Installed MotionInJoy, got a blue screen after pressing some button in DS3Tool and now I got the sh.com popup windows too.

The controller did work I guess and there is a better GUI called BetterDS3 but still it's crappy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I uninstalled MotionJoy but not for ads.

It apparently disrupts the installation of my mouse. Whenever I plug a new mouse it'd assume it's an MJ controller.

Durante

does it emulate the 360 controller like motionjoy?
Yes. As I said, I also find it to be much ore reliable. Once installed, you just plug in the controller(s) and they work in less than a second. (I haven't tried the BT option, but from what I read it's equally reliable once paired up)

I sometimes had troubles with MotioninJoy and multiple PS3 controllers + real 360 controllers, but any combination works just fine with this driver.

I always have to switch back and forth between the motioninjoy bluetooth driver and the regular bluetooth drivers so I can use my wiimote and other stuff. Is it as easy to revert back with the xinput wrapper? Motioninjoy hasn't given me any problems but i'm interested trying out the wrapper if I can easily go back and forth without buying a separate adapter

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've been using MotioninJoy forever and it's served its purpose well. No issues with it whatsoever.

coopolon

I thought that I should post it here because there's a very good alternative to Motioninjoy. It's called Xinput Wrapper for DS3. I have been using this for a week now and everything has been working very well.

I found this while browsing the pcsx2 forums, it works really well. Thank god I never have to even consider/recommend installing mij ever again.

I only wish it didn't have to monopolize the bt adapter, I guess since both it and mij do it it must be a requirement to getting bt working. May have to buy another bt adapter just for my ds3 now that there is actually a decent solution available.

Still using it and still 0 issues with it.

Yep. I use it to navigate my computer. It helps keep my carpel tunnel down. It's a really awesome set up. Kind of based off of the DS3 controls for the PS3 browser + other functions.

Anyway. Been using it for 2 years now. Zero problems.

can someone help walk me through this? i went to motionjoys website, and i end up downloading some codec pack, seems like a virus. never gives me a description to download motionjoy. I tried the other wrapper one too, and that doesnt seem to work either. Why is ther enot clear instructions for this stuff?

can someone help walk me through this? i went to motionjoys website, and i end up downloading some codec pack, seems like a virus. never gives me a description to download motionjoy. I tried the other wrapper one too, and that doesnt seem to work either. Why is ther enot clear instructions for this stuff?

What website was that?

Protome

The Motioninjoy client used to be fine, it's only in the recent iterations that it has started causing pop-ups and they removed the Offline mode. I think you can still download the older versions on the site.

I switched to BetterDS3 recently though, which uses the MotioninJoy drivers but lets you nuke the client from orbit. Seems like the best option.

just downloaded betterds3, I click the .exe, my dualshock doesnt show up and its plugged in? did i mess it up trying all these other damn programs???

Top Bottom