• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Jump July 2007 (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, DBZ Sparking Meteor etc)

Jiggy

Matix said:
Online play as well please..
Yeah, that too. It's amazing how they've kept vaguely teasing create-a-character and online play in the DBZ games, except in veiled forms--when they say "create your own fighter" they've always just meant "create your own capsule/potara item setup for the existing fighters." And then they claim you can battle against friends with these "created" fighters, but in reality it's just a password system so the CPU can use your setups against others.

Bah, I say. :\

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
This game along with FFIV remake and Wonderful World makes me <3 my DS

What is Summon Night about? it looks REALLY GOOD.

I think Summon Night is an SRPG. The first one is on the Gameboy.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hm, I held off on the first Wii DBZ largely because it was co-developed for the PS2, and hoped that the next one might be built more around the Wii's strengths, both technically and control-wise. Seeing that THIS one's on the PS2 as well doesn't bode well for that desire. Though, I suppose they DO have one Wii title under their belts regardless, so this one may still come out alright.

I just can't imagine buying this game more than once, so I'd like the one I get to not be made utterly obsolete by a superior followup. Though I suppose that's a bit of an irrational demand when it comes to fighting games!

Anzu

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I think Summon Night is an SRPG. The first one is on the Gameboy.

Nah, the first SN game was on the PSone and yes, it was an SRPG. Then spawned a sequel, action being an SRPG. Then spawned a few GBA SN games which were action RPGs.

Then came SN3 and 4 which were on PS2 and both were SRPGs again.

Ponn

Banned
Are any of these Square DS games scheduled to hit the U.S. this year? The only possible one I can think of is the FFXII spin off.

TreIII

Wow...really nice goods showcased here!

But It's a Wonderful World takes the cake for me. I've been interested in this puppy since its unveiling a while back.

...as long as it didn't bring back bad memories of KH: Chain of Memories (HATED that title), we'll be good. :D

Oh, Tenkaichi 3 for PS2 and Wii (simultaneous this time?) looks like they are trying to shift fanbase to Wii. Getting DBZ fighting games is getting quite a good seller everywhere. Looks bad for PS3 if they aren't getting one version, even PSP is getting Shin Budokai 2.

Dragon Quest IX looks good with those jobs but can anyone tell us how are they going to work?

Dissidia looks damn impressive, I even like the Nomura designs, even if they seem to have gone through a KH machine. Well, they are, that engine is so KH...I wonder if they will use that engine for another project on PSP. *cue that guy from spidey3 smirk*

Oh FFCCWii looks very FF and not very CC :lol
I want Summon Night (PS2) games to come :(

Kafel

Banned
When are they going to announce what is this supposed link between DQ IX and the Wii ?

It isn't in those scans yet ?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ponn01 said:
Are any of these Square DS games scheduled to hit the U.S. this year? The only possible one I can think of is the FFXII spin off.

Final Fantasy 12: Revent Wings
Heroes of Mana
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nibelung Valesti said:
Summon Nights DS <3
Hopefully the new battle system works well...

Naruto said:
That DBZ is coming for the PS2 right?
Yes, PS2/Wii, it's hard to miss the text on the upper right corner of the first page.

Mashing

Oh man FF: CC Wii looks ace. I agree with what a previous poster said, it looks more like a numbered FF than a spinoff.

Threi

notag
ShockingAlberto said:
We could call Crystal Chronicles CrysChros because it will probably make you jump, jump.

Ahh back in the day...people at my school actually wore their clothes backwards for that period :lol

Neo Child

Banned
h-104_71657_f1.jpg.jpg

h-104_71657_f2.jpg.jpg

h-104_71657_f3.jpg.jpg

h-104_71657_f4.jpg.jpg

The town shot looks really nice

PolyGone

Banned
h-104_71657_f1.jpg.jpg

yeah, looks great :) amazed by what they are squeezing out of the DS, but still not sure about the character design for the main boy and girl (everyone else looks ok)

I hope we see a trailer for this, FF:CC Wii, and FF4 DS at Nintendo's event!

Top Bottom