• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered reviews

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Always bummed that I took a break about halfway through on PS3 and never went back. Planning to actually finish this remaster hopefully.

Theonik

Valkyria battle system is practically lifted outta Sakura Taisen.
You say this like it's a bad thing! Also, not really true. Sakura Taisen is grid based SRPG, VC has unit movement and real-time elements added to it that change how the game plays and the strategies you take even though you can largely play it as you would any other SRPG with the added implication that moving to engage in VC means you can get fired upon, which doesn't happen in most other turn-based SRPGs as the enemies patiently wait for their turns to get back to you.

Chesskid1

Banned
beautiful

hwvF50q.jpg

Know how the spine looks without the slipcase? does it say VC or have no text/logos. My copies wont reach until release day (I reviewed it though).

If the promotional art is any indication it looks like the spine is blank. I'm on mobile right now but people have posted it in this thread

EDIT: Here ya go

VC-Remastered-Localize-Ann_Pre-Order.jpg

androvsky

You say this like it's a bad thing! Also, not really true. Sakura Taisen is grid based SRPG, VC has unit movement and real-time elements added to it that change how the game plays and the strategies you take even though you can largely play it as you would any other SRPG with the added implication that moving to engage in VC means you can get fired upon, which doesn't happen in most other turn-based SRPGs as the enemies patiently wait for their turns to get back to you.
Sakura Taisen stopped being grid based with the third game. Otherwise, yes, the big innovation with VC is the real time opportunity fire during movement.

Even with that, the free movement in newer Sakura Taisen games was fairly unique at the time. Unlike VC, you could rewind movement points by heading back to where you started your turn.

After waiting for a delivery time from Amazon just a few days before launch, I just received a email saying that it will not arrive until the end of the month (I'm in México)

CiO5pZb.jpg

I hope I still get the steelcase :(

After waiting for a delivery time from Amazon just a few days before launch, I just received a email saying that it will not arrive until the end of the month (I'm in México)

CiO5pZb.jpg

I hope I still get the steelcase :(

i was about to complain myself on this thread (was looking for it when it conveniently popped up) that mine wasnt going to be delivered on release but two days later. now i dont feel that bad about it lol

it sucks man

Persona7

Banned
I'm pretty much expecting at this point for it to come in just a bubble envelope and be dented as shit. It's the Amazon way when it comes to games.

yeah, im tired of getting replacement games and I feel like they are going to eventually ban me because they keep sending games in those shitty bubble envelopes and they get damaged easily.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm actually going to wait it out until they aren't doing the steelbook thing anymore. Don't particularly want it fucking up the uniformity.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
cool, emailed CS and they upgraded me to release date delivery. that was super quick

I chatted with them and they told me I'd get release day delivery, even though my order says May 19. I pressed, asking if my order page would be updated, and they basically said no, but trust us, you'll get release date delivery.

Seemed wishy washy (my order page was always updated during situations like this in the past), so I sent an email request right after exiting chat.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I chatted with them and they told me I'd get release day delivery, even though my order says May 19. I pressed, asking if my order page would be updated, and they basically said no, but trust us, you'll get release date delivery.

Seemed wishy washy (my order page was always updated during situations like this in the past), so I sent an email request right after exiting chat.

Quick update, my order page just now shows May 17th. All is well!

cool, emailed CS and they upgraded me to release date delivery. that was super quick

Did you guys pay for regular shipping or have prime 2 day shipping on the preorder? Or are you just asking for release date delivery.

Alucrid

Banned
huh. yeah i got the email saying it was going to arrive on the 19th, switched to one day delivery. then saw this thread...i think i'm getting release date delivery now? chat support was a bit confusing, but i don't have to pay the $4 now.

Did you guys pay for regular shipping or have prime 2 day shipping on the preorder? Or are you just asking for release date delivery.

i made a new order with prime 2 day and just asked why it didn't qualify for release date shipping

I totally forgot about this. I was laid up in bed for a few days a week ago and spent a lot of it replaying Valkyria Chronicles.

I may have to buy this.

My Europa Edition that I ordered from Base just turned up in the post. It's a pretty chunky package for something so cheap! Also seeing a shaky use of the "Only on PlayStation" slogan at the top of the case.

and now to leave it shrink-wrapped until I finish uc4 and r&c

Top Bottom