• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- |OT| Weaponized women powered by pleasure

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nice. Not everything has been updated yet though.

I'm downloading this now because I'm insane. Will probably keep the physical copy wrapped.

Lyte Edge

So this is weird. The game downloads to 18 MB, then stops.

Have tried re-downloading several times now. Always the same problem.

Lyte Edge

Yay, it starting downloading again.

I've been downloading so much stuff on my new PC that I forgot how horribly-slow PSN can be.

Yep just got an email from Amazon..."delay in shipment" yeah no shit.

So they send me an email Sunday saying it's ok for release date delivery and then wait to the day it's supposed to be here before they tell me it's delayed lol.

Amazonpls

Lyte Edge

So they send me an email Sunday saying it's ok for release date delivery and then wait to the day it's supposed to be here before they tell me it's delayed lol.

Amazonpls

Mine still says preparing for shipment- at one point it said "Shipping Now," then changed back to "Shipping Soon." Will be crazy if this thing actually gets delivered today but I've never seen a package ship this late unless they're treating this as a same-day delivery.

Jeffrey

Amazonpls

Mine still says preparing for shipment- at one point it said "Shipping Now," then changed back to "Shipping Soon." Will be crazy if this thing actually gets delivered today but I've never seen a package ship this late unless they're treating this as a same-day delivery.

do note to call amazon CS if it doesn't come today. Can easily snag a free month or 2 of amazon prime 'for your inconvenience'

Maxinas

Amazons delivery dates aren't always accurate; a few days ago i was worried i wouldnt get the game till thursday, now its out for delivery for today:).

My order hasn't shipped yet, but even if it did it always takes 1+ week for my packages to arrive. It always sucks and if it wasn't for the Prime discount on games I would've gone full digital this console generation even though I prefer phisical games T_T.

Lyte Edge

do note to call amazon CS if it doesn't come today. Can easily snag a free month or 2 of amazon prime 'for your inconvenience'

I already get Prime for free, but I will definitely hit 'em up...usually gets me a $5 credit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just be like "hey, I pre-ordered via Prime & was hoping to get this on Release Day" & all that? Probably will just send them an email.

Lyte Edge

Yup, shipping delay despite it saying it would go out and arrive today.

Amazon CS will not charge me for the 1-day shipping charge I paid and will give me a $5 credit on top of that.

Fine by me- the game finished downloading.

Lyte Edge

Just be like "hey, I pre-ordered via Prime & was hoping to get this on Release Day" & all that? Probably will just send them an email.

Nah, use the chat and have the conversation emailed to you in case any crap comes up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't get the coin thing. I also don't have the game yet.

What's the difference? 11 vs 1 coin(s) for the same price?

In Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, I only had to buy the DLC coin once and used it over and over again.
Based on the description, it seems to be similar to unlocking new lingerie in SV & EV, except this time, it's called the "Lingerie Printer".

-Vita theme ($2.99)
- High Sound Quality Pack
Favorite Underwear, Color Variation

Also damn it, Amazon, I was promised my game would arrive today, now it's not coming until Friday & won't even ship until tomorrow. First my copy of Paper Mario is screwed up & constantly says it's dirty, now this.

My copy hasn't even shipped it, so it's not arriving today, that's for sure.

Few more PSN links:

-DLC coin ($0.99)
- DLC Coin 10 + 1 ($0.99)

Thanks for this! I'll add them to the OP.

And no, the coins aren't worth spending for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No problem, I'll list the others once they're released.

Kind of wish Pqube had a DLC schedule like Xseed did with EV. At the very least, we know we're getting all of it (though damn, that's gonna make listing them all a pain, but least I don't have to link for two systems).

N° 2048

Nothing in the mail box :(

VGP is in the same city as me, I usually get their games in 2 days. This shipped last Thursday, should have been here.

No problem, I'll list the others once they're released.

Kind of wish Pqube had a DLC schedule like Xseed did with EV. At the very least, we know we're getting all of it (though damn, that's gonna make listing them all a pain, but least I don't have to link for two systems).

For what is worth, I asked them on twitter about Mirei and Mamori's release date and they answered me that "they'll start releasing on October 14th"

...Whatever that means exactly

Was this an Anime? I feel like I remember seeing one where one women jerked off another until she became a sword or a gun or something.

I just read what I typed....

Tohsaka

Was this an Anime? I feel like I remember seeing one where one women jerked off another until she became a sword or a gun or something.

The anime and game are separate, the casts are completely different. It's a mixed media project kinda thing.

JC Lately

If I remember the lore right, there are multiple islands were girls with these ablitties are sent. The anime took place on one such island. This game takes place on another.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the anime is muuuccchhhhh more lewd than the game is & has a completely different cast, though they made the main characters from that DLC for the game.

Edit: Yay, Amazon said it shipped today & will arrive tomorrow. I can tolerate that.

So in the op it shows the 2 main girls from the anime. Do they play a huge part? Sincw the op say watxhing the anime isnt necessary, is it one of those thing where i'll get more enjoyment from watching the anime? Does it matter?

How much plot is there?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So in the op it shows the 2 main girls from the anime. Do they play a huge part? Since the op say watching the anime isn't necessary, is it one of those thing where i'll get more enjoyment from watching the anime? Does it matter?

How much plot is there?
Mirei & Mamori? They're DLC, & from what someone on here said, they don't add any story & such, they're just extra playable characters who can't be teamed up with anyone else. I would say that, for the most part, it shouldn't matter if you've seen the anime, though you might get a little more enjoyment knowing you can play as someone you just watched from the anime, should you happen to like the anime/characters.

Lyte Edge

Starting this over in English reminds me of something- Valkyrie Drive's setting is on five islands, with the stories from Bhikkuni, Mermaid, and Siren taking place on three of them. Did they ever say anything about the other two islands?

Starting this over in English reminds me of something- Valkyrie Drive's setting is on five islands, with the stories from Bhikkuni, Mermaid, and Siren taking place on three of them. Did they ever say anything about the other two islands?

Nothing. However, based on the fact the Paradise Swimsuits are named after the three known islands, is possible the two new Paradise swimsuits being added on the japanese rerelease are named after the two missing islands: Lorelei and Otohime.

I got the game digitally and, there was supposed to be a patch?

My game is still on 1.00 version and taping the update button doesn't bring up anything.

Where was Siren from? The anime? I know Mermaid is from the anime.

Lyte Edge

I got the game digitally and, there was supposed to be a patch?

My game is still on 1.00 version and taping the update button doesn't bring up anything.

When I got it, two files downloaded. The second file is what I assume was the patch and was 70 MB. It currently shows my game at 1.01. Maybe it's in your PSN download list?

bobawesome

Cried and begged Amazon until they bumped up my delivery from late next week to Friday
(meaning I sent an email asking if they could help me out)
. It's something.

Huh, wait.

The content manager is telling me the game is already in the 1.01 version but entering online mode within the game tells me is still in the 1.00 version. Weird.

Another question has anyone being able to unlock the BA freebies? I have both games on my Memory Card and nothing has been unlocked.

Maxinas

Huh, wait.

The content manager is telling me the game is already in the 1.01 version but entering online mode within the game tells me is still in the 1.00 version. Weird.

Another question has anyone being able to unlock the BA freebies? I have both games on my Memory Card and nothing has been unlocked.

Some folks have said that it's glitched out for some reason, along with some apparent game crashing, pqube somehow broke the game since this never happened in the japanese version according to some people.

I'm aware there is, still blows my mind. Titles with less plot continue to struggle to get localized.

Not to mention the relationship between the two main characters (who are blood-sisters). I thought for sure that if the game was ever localized (something I didn't think possible), that they would change the sisters to be "best friends" or something. Surprisingly, PQube kept it all intact.

The only thing that amazes me is that titles like this can be released completely uncensored and identical to the JP original.

Meanwhile things like Fire Emblem and God Eater need to be censored because reasons which are stupid. God Eater is the really baffling one, they had to remove the BLOOD in that game? What the fuck was the reasoning behind that shit?

Some folks have said that it's glitched out for some reason, along with some apparent game crashing, pqube somehow broke the game since this never happened in the japanese version according to some people.

Well, in the japanese version those were sold in a huge 58 items pak for 1000 yen. So yeah, is possible they messed something up.

Top Bottom