• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

jdogmoney

If...if any of you guys want to gift Valve games or something, I'll take 'em. All I've got is TF2 and Half-Life 1 (and it's various expansions). No Portal, because I was still purely a gaming peasant at the time...

PM me, if so.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Game "feature" spoiler unrelated to game story:

I am amazed how similar the store is to the TF2 store. Also, a $36 "ALL DLC" pack at launch day is sort of ridiculous.

shuyin_

Banned
Just woke up; and i have to go. Have fun playing everybody!

LOL @the title change :)) It's deserved though. That was a mistake on Valve's behalf. Anyway, on GLaDOS' page there's still auxiliary power left... Half Life 3 ARG incoming :)))

Relax.MX

jdogmoney said:
If...if any of you guys want to gift Valve games or something, I'll take 'em. All I've got is TF2 and Half-Life 1 (and it's various expansions). No Portal, because I was still purely a gaming peasant at the time...

PM me, if so.

Go to Steam Thread

Twig

Banned
Man I feel bad that you're all having trouble decrypting, and I'm sitting here with a working copy that I'm too busy to play! ):

Majukun

glados@home now show in "active test subjects" 66k.
it's the number of download of portal 2?isn't it too low?or the number of people who bought the potato sack?

Majukun said:
glados@home now show in "active test subjects" 66k.
it's the number of download of portal 2?isn't it too low?or the number of people who bought the potato sack?

Number of people playing right at this very moment. I believe that's high! 71,000 right now!

BY2K

Membero Americo
If you have the Golden Potato, you receive the Valve Complete Pack for free. (But you don't get gift passes if you already have the game.)

EDIT: Jesus Christ, it includes Portal 2 if you only had the Potato Sack Pack.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
it's released now? neat. just work these 8 hours, go home, do some exercise then finally sit down to play :/

hamchan

Anyone else think most of the people that bothered with the golden potato would have already owned most of Valve's games and preordered portal 2?

IceMarker

Just got home from work, I'm off for two days, decrypting as I write this.

Seems like the last few hours have been full of trolling and glory. GG Valve I still love you even if you tortured us.

BY2K

Membero Americo
hamchan said:
Anyone else think most of the people that bothered with the golden potato would have already owned most of Valve's games and preordered portal 2?

I didn't.

Now I do.

:3

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
BY2K said:
I didn't.

Now I do.

:3

It looks like people who owned the entire Valve pack got as a consolation prize
all of the DLC currently available for Portal 2

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Campster said:
It looks like people who owned the entire Valve pack got as a consolation prize
all of the DLC currently available for Portal 2
Turns out that was a store glitch and wasn't supposed to happen.

Belfast

As for the DLC, it seems kind of silly next to TF2's because you're only playing through a single campaign. I'm hoping that means that Co-Op could get regular DLC levels to give you a reason to keep going back to it (and give a shit about the costumes/skins in the first place).

KPunk

wow just played coop for a good two hours...simply amazing! game seems very long too. the coop i feel like i barely put a dent in it. time for bed :(

dani_dc

BY2K said:
If you have the Golden Potato, you receive the Valve Complete Pack for free. (But you don't get gift passes if you already have the game.)

EDIT: Jesus Christ, it includes Portal 2 if you only had the Potato Sack Pack.
I actually got extra copies of HL2 and HL2:E1.

But yeah, already had nearly everything on Valve Complete package, and I preorder Portal 2 yesterday so that's actually somewhat frustating.

Twig

Banned
Belfast said:
As for the DLC, it seems kind of silly next to TF2's because you're only playing through a single campaign. I'm hoping that means that Co-Op could get regular DLC levels to give you a reason to keep going back to it (and give a shit about the costumes/skins in the first place).
I imagine there's co-op time trials and whatnot, right? I mean, I dunno. Maybe not.

There's also custom maps.

Firehead

dani_dc said:
I actually got extra copies of HL2 and HL2:E1.

But yeah, already had nearly everything on Valve Complete package, and I preorder Portal 2 yesterday so that's actually somewhat frustating.
Huh... I didn't. I already had extra copies from the Orange Box. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't receive any extra copies of the Valve games I already have, but rather just CS: CZ.

Firehead

JaseC said:
I didn't receive any extra copies of the Valve games I already have, but rather just CS: CZ.
Damn... So, how many of us only received Condition Zero? (There was sorta a reason I didn't own it.)

Seiru

Banned
So here I was thinking, "Hey, the last phase of the ARG might have been a huge staged fiasco, but at least I have whatever surprise from getting the golden potato to look forward to."

I have most of the games in the Valve pack, and I preordered Portal 2. So all I get to round out the night is the thought that I wasted 45 dollars.

Why doesn't somebody just come out to my house and kick me in the balls before I go to bed?

dani_dc

Firehead said:
Huh... I didn't. I already had extra copies from the Orange Box. :/
Ah. The Orange box was the first time I owned HL2, so that's must be why I got those extra copies.

I suppose I did get CS, which isn't too bad, though the reason I didn't own any in the first place is that I don't really see myself playing them that much.

Still this news just made me frustated that I ended up ordering Portal 2 for PC last night so I could play it today instead of waiting for the PS3/PC/Mac version that comes out thursday (here in Europe), feels like I screwed myself of a free Portal 2 cause I was in a hurry to play the game.

ahoyhoy said:
While we're waiting to decrypt, here is the preliminary WALL OF SHAME!

m8Urx.png

It was an honor serving with you all.

Top Bottom