• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim announced for PS4 & Vita

Dazza

Always love Vanillaware artwork like everyone else, in particular their usage of colour. Curious too see how the game play will be, it might possibly be very different from their previous games since large mechs are involved and the characters don't seemed armed

Parsnip

Looks nice I guess (except for the weird walk), but at this point I'm much more interested in the Basiscape soundtrack than the actual game.
Because I don't know what kind of game it actually is.

I'm interested, if only because mecha games are pretty rare nowadays, but I'm withholding judgment until I see some gameplay.

It does look pretty though.

injurai

Banned
Man Vanillaware games are beautiful. Yeah I would like to see gameplay though, I'm guessing it's still going to be a side-scrolling beat'em'up

mitx

If it's a side-scrolling beat'em'up like Dragon's Crown i'm all in (if it's anything else i'm probably in also)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
great visual, but horrible trailer. it was very boring to me. not excited for now about the gameplay. we'll see...

Jarmel

Banned
Like the art direction I guess. Need to see gameplay before I make a decision. Concept is something I'm interested in though.

Baalzebup

Beautiful visuals as expected, and that music gave me some vibes very similar to that of Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex. I like what I've seen so far.

Great visuals, as always from Vanillaware. The piece of music played in the trailer is more interesting than Sakimoto's usual work.

great visual, but horrible trailer. it was very boring to me. not excited for now about the gameplay. we'll see...

There was no gameplay shown, so there's nothing to be excited or not excited about. I would guess Atlus will show off more specifics about this game during TGS proper.

matmanx1

Loved the soundtrack for the trailer. I'm not going to get excited about anything else until I see some actual gameplay. We know Vanillaware can make gorgeous games, that's a given. I want to know if this one will be fun!

Are people sure that's Sakimoto's music and not someone else at Basiscape? Doesn't sound like Sakimoto, even in his electronic music style. If it is him, that's impressively different for Sakimoto.

Pejo

Gold Member
Not that I won't buy this day 1 in collectors form if possible, but I really want to see some gameplay other than walking/running. REALLY excited to see more about this.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The combat might be a bit dull on Vanillaware games, but dat artstyle mane. Top in the business IMO.

Obviously it looks downright gorgeous, but I'm going to need to see what the game play is like before I get excited for this.

If nothing else, we're guaranteed a great soundtrack.

mao2

Gorgeous artwork as usual, though I'm not too fond of mechs. Hopefully they'll have more to show at TGS.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Even if toward the end a girl meets a boy while running down i have the impression this game have no vertical movement(like muramasa, unlike dragon's crown).

Damn only the Gravity Rush 2 trailer today actually showed a decent amount of gameplay! I really can't say shit about this because they didn't give me much to go on.

nightever

Damn only the Gravity Rush 2 trailer today actually showed a decent amount of gameplay! I really can't say shit about this because they didn't give me much to go on.

TBH, Sony is like having too much games to show so they give everyone only 1 minute per game and they don't even give time to small devs like Gust and Falcom.

Top Bottom