• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish (PC) |OT| Steam Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Knees

jett

D-Member
Pleasantly surprised to see that the video cut-scenes are of much higher quality now.

Not that I'm going to watch them or anything.

LiK

No tease for the next port in the Avatars folder in case anyone wondered. Perhaps in a future patch like Bayonetta their will be, or they'll find a better way to surprise us.

vanquish_by_mcmemie-dbadze5.png

Need to wait for a tiny update first.

Kinda interested to see how performance stacks up on Ryzen systems. IIRC, Bayonetta had a weird problem on them due to some dumb setting.

Watching footage at 60fps you can actually tell what's going on. I stopped playing on the PS3 cause the game looked and felt like a blurry mess.

god why is my download so slow? And it's only on steam! Everyone just pause your download until i finish mine, i need my game now! Thanks 8)

Paragon

Port seems good so far. Certainly more demanding to run than Bayonetta though.
The game has a refresh rate option, so there shouldn't be any complaints from high refresh rate/G-Sync users this time around.
Still sets the display to 60Hz by default though, instead of just using the current refresh rate.

Mouse input does not appear to have acceleration, but there are three different sensitivities you have to set, which is a bit annoying.
"Normal" Aim speed appears to be roughly 13x faster than "Aiming" speed, and I didn't appear to have a weapon which can zoom in to find out how much slower that is.
So you'll probably want to have "Normal" speed set very low, "Aiming" set about 13x higher, and "Zoom" even higher than that to have proper mouse control that keeps a constant sensitivity.

EDIT: The sensitivity does not seem to actually be linked in any way. After changing DPI, the "Aiming" speed was not 13x faster than the "Normal" speed. It was only a coincidence that 4 and 52 were matched for me. You'll just have to figure out what works.

24:10 support is okay.
Just like the Bayonetta patch - and unlike the modded game - the HUD is stretched out.
The HUD seems to be scaled using nearest neighbor which looks rather ugly too. (very jagged)

The game uses VERT- so you absolutely must set the FOV to 120° if you have an ultrawide screen.
It's a little frustrating that a few games recently have used HFOV controls that are limited to 120° or less, as 90° in 4:3 is 106° in 16:9 and 122° in 24:10.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Perfect timing, just finishing Infinite Warfare tonight, then can start this on bank holiday weekend aswell, might treat myself to Black Desert aswell.

Skyzard

Banned
This game is insane lol.

Pretty fun

-what's the default fov? anyone know? 75ish?

Any recommendations for difficulty? Do they just get more HP?

I skipped all the tutorials, set the E button to mouse 4 and I don't seem to be having any issues, up to mission 5 on act 1 now...bit easy, might try bumping the difficulty if it doesn't get any higher.

I pretty much skipped all the cutscenes to get into the action. Might give them a watch if I can't change difficulty on the fly.

Main character is like a wannabe solid snake.

Parsnip

In case anyone was wondering and couldn't check yet, development credits is a handful of Platinum folks plus 2 Liitle Stone guys.

Also it's kind of amusing to see the title screen at 250fps.

Nete

Selected 4434x2494 resolution because why not, and this happened :D

Looks perfect at regular 4k. For now always over 60fps with an non-OC'd 6700k / 1070.

KB+M controls seems quite good too.

Skyzard

Banned
The gameplay is quite fun so far. Sliding everywhere, jumping out of cover. Looking forward to playing more.

Feels nice and snappy.

Some of these cutscenes are kinda funny in a Platinum way.

Coda

Anyone know how to get the game running in 2K (2560x1440)? I got it working with Bayonetta but when I try to change the resolution in Vanquish I don't see an option for that resolution.

god why.... the more the download is getting close to the end, the more it's slowing down....

only 120 k/s now, and there's only 100 mo left, fuck you steam

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Damn, we need better AA options. Temporal Filtering or TXAA. Even in 4K it is not perfect and AA options which is available now is.... well, bad.

ezodagrom

Anyone know how to get the game running in 2K (2560x1440)? I got it working with Bayonetta but when I try to change the resolution in Vanquish I don't see an option for that resolution.
That's not 2K, that's 1440p or QHD (quad HD, that is, 4x 720p).

No idea how to help with the issue though.

Coda

That's not 2K, that's 1440p or QHD (quad HD, that is, 4x 720p).

No idea how to help with the issue though.

Ahh thanks! Yeah it's weird because I have it all set up the way I did it for Bayonetta and once I set a custom resolution on my desktop Bayonetta recognized the resolution in the options menu. But in Vanquish, it gives me funky resolutions and not the one I want to use.

Any way to rid the game of the very slight mouse acceleration? Would rather have raw mouse input... Though for having some acceleration, it's not awful.

Coda

So is anyone else running the game in 1440p? I'd really like to use that resolution but I don't see the option even though my desktop has that set as a custom resolution.

Top Bottom