• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Michael Keaton in talks to play "Spider-Man: Homecoming" villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nrzysqX2ik1tuywrm_1280.jpg

Birdman was fantastic.

I was wondering if they would go after some star power for the bad guy since Tom Holland is mostly an unknown.

Could definitely work as either Osborn or Vulture.

Only if it's Vincent D'Onofrio.

I'd love to see him standing still as Spider-Man swings around him, only to grab him and start beating the shit out of him.
of course.

but if it won't be him in the reboot, unless he returns in some way shape or form in daredevil season 3, I don't know how it'll work. by then will people still be excited to see a spiderman and daredevil crossover?

Cuburt

I don't get how the Batman films can have practically the same supporting cast and we already have 3 incarnations of the Joker and yet people complain about "Spider-Man fatigue" and rehashing the same stuff. How many times have we seen the Waynes get murdered just on film?

ASM was a mistake since Raimi's SM ended on a low note, the first ASM only improved upon it a little (not hitting the highs of Raimi's) and another terrible ASM sequel. It's the same reason people act like their is Superman fatigue. No there isn't fatigue, people just don't want shitty movies.

On topic, Keaton playing Norman Osbourne would be great and him playing vulture wouldn't be a good fit besides being older and having played Batman/Birdman for some metahumor that's not even worth it after Birdman already did that.

I'm not sure if I want to see a guy like Keaton stuck with Vulture. That'd be like casting....I dunno, Paul Giamatti as Rhino or some shit like that.

I could see him as JJ Jameson or even Norman Osborn, but Osborn is played out at this point. We need to move past Green Goblin for a bit.

And I dunno about Vulture either. Maybe he will be Chameleon or Mysterio.

I don't even give a fuck if it's Green Goblin. Norman Osborn is hilarious as shit and I don't mind if we do him again 15 years later. he's a good character.

Goodstyle

They aren't going to make the villain of this movie a character named the fucking Vulture. Come on guys, get real. It's probably going to be Osborne again or some shit.

SpaceWolf

Banned
As much as I'd be interested in seeing Michael Keaton playing Norman Osbourne in the MCU (and I agree, he'd be a great fit for the role), I really doubt Marvel/Sony would be willing to re-use Norman as a character AGAIN for yet another Spidey reboot, especially this early in the game.

After all, in the last fifteen years...we've seen Norman Obsborne appear in four Spiderman movies alone, portrayed by two different actors. Not to mention, we've also seen the HOBGOBLIN in two different incarnations on screen under the guise of two distinctly different Harry Osbornes.

With that in mind, if Sony/Marvel are really so eager to make these new Spiderman film's stand out from the rest...would they really want to go back to re-using Norman Osborne again?

At this point, I would hazard a guess at Keaton being courted to play The Vulture, which I guess is a bit of a shame, considering Norman is a vastly more interesting villain when it comes to the comics. But as is the case with these things, I'm sure if they wrote the character well enough...he could be interesting enough in his own right.

They don't need Osborne to go full on villain yet

He absolutely should be in the movie as a supporting role for now and Keaton would be a great fit. He can go Green in the next film. Or at least don't make him the main villain yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom