• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Michael Keaton in talks to play "Spider-Man: Homecoming" villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

AZvyhoC.png

My guess is once Civil War blows up big, Keaton will have a "change of heart".

So he can see for himself what kind of Spider-man he would be working with?

Probably less of a concern than the role he got to play, and what kind of billing.

Marvel villains seem to be afterthoughts compared to the heroes, the role may not have been substantial enough for him.

I don't think he turned it down because of money. Dude's just become more selective now that he's had his comeback. He's only going back to a comic movie if the script or part sounds good I think (or the directors aiight)

Maddocks

Marvel told him he wouldn't be needed long because his villain like most for MCU would be killed off at the end. But Keaton is all about that two movies if its a superhero contract.

ryan299

Justin Kroll from Variety just tweeted that the studio couldn't afford Keaton. RDJ was first choice and they needed the money for him.

That makes sense. I read it as reporting but yeah its just speculation and rumor.

Wonder how substantial RDJs role is in here though. Hopefully he's the only avenger. This should be a Spiderman movie and not some cameo fest. Having a mentor relationship with stark makes sense. Seeing falcons lame ass stop by to talk would not be interesting though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope he just he stops by Stark Tower, gets some tech to build his spidertracers and leaves.
I dont want a big Iron Man role in that movie.

That makes sense. I read it as reporting but yeah its just speculation and rumor.

Wonder how substantial RDJs role is in here though. Hopefully he's the only avenger. This should be a Spiderman movie and not some cameo fest. Having a mentor relationship with stark makes sense. Seeing falcons lame ass stop by to talk would not be interesting though.

tumblr_n9sszwwZdQ1rrkahjo5_500.gif

I won't tolerate any Falcon hate.

duckroll

Why would Falcon even waste his time cameoing in Spider-man? He has more important things to do like... errr... job to Scott again in Ant-man and the Wasp? ivegotnothing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom