• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Hitokage said:
Thing is though, it might have something to do with Dr. Girlfriend giving Trianna's friend her card. If they were to set something up along those lines, Trianna might end up with a pretty big grudge against Dean for making everyone abandon her.

As said before though, it might be entirely inconsequential... but until something is said on the matter, it's anyone's guess.

Pardon the bump, the bad side to owning a DVR is that you really, really get into the habit of watching stuff whenever it suits you. :p

Anyway, I'm not following. I just watched both parts back-to-back and Dean seemed to be entirely inconsequential to the plot outside of his antics in the engine room. What did he do to make everyone abandon her? Hell, who abandoned her? When? Am I just forgetting a plot point from earlier in the season?

Otherwise I think it tied everything up very nicely. I liked Rusty's off-the-cuff remark about
how he and The Monarch have more in common than they realize
, something that's been so lightly hinted at in the past that I just figured it was nothing. But no! I want that shit explored, STAT.

Also: The Residents joke in part 1 nearly had me on the floor, which is weird because it wasn't that funny. :p

xsarien said:
I liked Rusty's off-the-cuff remark about
how he and The Monarch have more in common than they realize
, something that's been so lightly hinted at in the past that I just figured it was nothing. But no! I want that shit explored, STAT.
Rusty just meant that he thinks he boned Dr. Girlfriend the night she turned him into a caterpillar. And he may have.

Gribbix

Here's the Season 2 dvd cover:
VentureBrosS2.jpg

The extras include deleted scenes, commentary on every episode, and a tour of AstrobaseGo. The dvd is out on April 17th.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6748

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jackson Publick confirmed on his blog that they've begun writing season three...

tralfazz

Tamanon said:
Public Service Announcement:

Venture Brothers season 2 DVD comes out this Tuesday!

I know! I've been holding back on revisiting the eps. cause I want to watch them all again in one big marathon with season one.

This show goes beyond just a cartoon and should be labeled with best current comedy next to The Office and 30 Rock. It's very AD style with it's zaniness and interlocking episodes and jokes.

Buy it or be shunned.

izakq

Eric P said:
i had completely forgotten

and none of my "friends" told me

whatever happened to the weekly dvd posts?

I'm wondering that myself. We have a Blu-ray/HD-DVD one, but the 'regular' DVD release has been absent for a few weeks now.

Tamanon

Banned
Wow, went over to Best Buy a bit earlier on my dinner break, they only had 1 copy left. Sold quickly, thank goodness I picked one up.

IGNORE ME!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My Best Buy had none. For that matter, it was almost completely sold out of everything Adult Swim related.

White Man

I got my copy. Holy shit is the box art great. I may bid on ebay depending on how prices look. They definitely need to get some official posters printed up. I'd buy every one!

Just got my dvd copy.
That line between king gorilla and the monarch was so funny it hurt.

"this isn't my cell, what did you take me back you your place?"

I really thought king gorilla was going to come back and save the monarch in the season finale, mostly because
they show all the monarch's prison friends get shot except king gorilla

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
Tamanon said:
Commentary on EVERY episode.

So awesome.

"The Mighty Monarch!"
On the mummy episode (part 2)'s commentary, Doc and Jackson mention that part 1 of the episode (animatics and such) was an easter egg on the DVD somewhere with a clue for finding it being "The Monarch".

Did anyone find this, or were they just kidding around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom