• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Sorry man, ATHF isn't really able to step up these days. Although that Boost Mobile was one of their funniest episodes ever.:lol

Tamanon said:
Sorry man, ATHF isn't really able to step up these days. Although that Boost Mobile was one of their funniest episodes ever.:lol
They've had like, 2 "real" new episodes in the past two years. Give me a break.

When the new season starts/movie drops, you will regret you ever spoke ill of the greatest [animated] show on television ;)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Master Shake said:
*Clears throat*

WHAT?!

75gupdate2.jpg

He said: BEST SHOW ON ADULT SWIM!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cant wait :D

GO TEAM VENTURE!
go_team_venture.jpg

ATHF vs Venture Bros. is a really tough call, but I think lately Venture Bros. is my favorite...they are both great, though. They are unquestionably the best two shows on AS.

I love the Venture borthers. Unlike a few adult swim cartoons, they don't rely on the same joke over and over (Harvey birdman and homosexuality.lol) The show has real plots and a good theme to it that is very well crafted. The whole golden era of comic books/sci-fi influence really shines through without being overwhelming and the sole focus of the show.

1. ATHF
2. Home Movies
3. Space Ghost: Coast to Coast (RIP)
4. Venture Bros.
5. Sealab 2021
6. The Brak Show
7. Harvey Birdman
8. Perfect Hair Forever

EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS.

Bowser

I think I'm going to the mall to get the Venture Bros. Season 1 boxset and I might be out Sunday night so I might have to watch the Season 2 premiere without seeing all of Season 1 :(

Tamanon

Banned
Bowser said:
I think I'm going to the mall to get the Venture Bros. Season 1 boxset and I might be out Sunday night so I might have to watch the Season 2 premiere without seeing all of Season 1 :(

Well it's not required viewing. But you really should see the last 2 episodes of Season 1 at least:p Either way, you must see this show!

NotWii

Banned
Bowser said:
GO GO GO!!

Fifty

Yes! I just watched the DVDs. Such an awesome show. Shame it doesn't seem to be airing in Canada, and I can't access that stream either. Thank god for torrents.

and yes, Bowser...get season 1 now. It's brilliant.

Tamanon

Banned
Apparently Jackson Publick just posted on his blog to please not spoil it for those who are waiting for Sunday. Apparently there's some twists or turns in the premiere. So remember your spoiler tags!

hXc_thugg

If you disagree with me then you are just incredibly stupid and have no sense of taste. I won't listen to any of your arguments because you are clearly intellectually inferrior. This is the internet.

hXc_thugg said:
If you disagree with me then you are just incredibly stupid and have no sense of taste. I won't listen to any of your arguments because you are clearly intellectually inferrior. This is the internet.
LOL you mispelled inferior :lol

You have no taste got stick your head in an oven :mad:

hXc_thugg

Master Shake said:
LOL you mispelled inferior :lol

You have no taste got stick your head in an oven :mad:

I don't think the internet is for me. I'm going to take my comedic stylings to those really rad parties where people talk about Camus and make jokes out of obscure references to Oscar Wilde. The kind of scene a Morrissette could get into.

hXc_thugg said:
I don't think the internet is for me. I'm going to take my comedic stylings to those really rad parties where people talk about Camus and make jokes out of obscure references to Oscar Wilde. The kind of scene a Morrissette could get into.
Goodbye :(

Lhadatt

Tamanon said:
Apparently Jackson Publick just posted on his blog to please not spoil it for those who are waiting for Sunday. Apparently there's some twists or turns in the premiere. So remember your spoiler tags!
Anyone have the link to his blog?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Dr. Orpheus is awesome. He overreacts to everything. Great stuff.

I just want to see more of the old Team Venture (Action Man, etc.) and find out what happened to Jonus Sr.

"I used ta be pretty, yeh but not anymore. Look at muh nose...." :lol

"Are you trying to rape me?!"
"Yeah, but you look too much like a girl so I couldn't get into it...." :lol :lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
OK, that episode rocked. So glad it's back. And yeah there was one or two twists:) Time to stream it again, hehe.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Awesome.

I loved the spoof Oz music. :lol

So the boys are back? Yay! It would not have been the same without them.

"Wow, that little brown boy saved your life! Can we keep him, pa?"

:lol

Plus the
intro montage + club scene
were very well done, and sentimental to boot. Awesome.

Pachinko

I'm always baffled by the huge adult swim love- half of space ghost coast to coast is great stuff, the other half not so much, Sealab is kind of watchable... once. Venture brothers is a genuinely good show, like futurama quality stuff. Aqua teen was funny for about a year and now it's just garbage and basically everything else that's an adult swim original is crap. EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom