• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Brock vs woman who looks like Molotov Cocktease, but I wasn't sure. Monarch back with henchmen(wootz!), Hank dressed up like Batman and saying "I will see you in Heck!"

I'm a whore for continuity, and there seems to be plenty of fore-shadowing about the fate of the bros throughout the series, esp towards end.

Just watching the DVD since I picked it up, I've noticed:
Dr. V commenting that he coulda prevented Dean's testicular torsion problem.
Dean trying to explain to Triana his home schooling.
The boys explaining to the cops in the last ep why they don't go to school.
And there's the whole thing with the boys' mother. And Doc not losing his virginity till 24 seems to be mildly important too.

Fifty

Hitokage said:
I like how Septopus was also in the jail.

Was that a Home Movies shoutout?

edit: Xsarien....Seeing that video is too much. You're right, I can't watch it without seeing Dr. V with a candy raver pacifier in his mouth. :lol

That was the best part of the ep, I loved how they used the song and then BLASTED the ****er in the club. That, and the animation of the club = niiiiiice :D

xsarien

daedsiluap
Master Shake said:
That was the best part of the ep, I loved how they used the song and then BLASTED the ****er in the club. That, and the animation of the club = niiiiiice :D

It was a brilliant opening to the season, it really helped cement the idea that maybe the boys were gone for good after all.

Seriously, that opening had my jaw on the floor. That's why Venture Bros. is so great, the awesome production and care put into each episode.

A ****ing +

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm a whore for continuity, and there seems to be plenty of fore-shadowing about the fate of the bros throughout the series, esp towards end.

And there's the whole thing with the boys' mother. And Doc not losing his virginity till 24 seems to be mildly important too.

Also, makes more sense at the end of season 1 when Doc says "Alright, get their clothes."
Does that mean that's the same clothes for each clone?

mechashiva8jd.gif

I'm watching the Aquagen video right now, and the boys are in perfect time with the beat.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, they do wear the same clothes every day as evidenced from Are you there God, It's me Dean.

And they don't seem to have too much variety since they only had one set of spy clothes. PROPAH!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
PERFECT season premier. It was awesome.

Best scene was batman dean (may have been hank) jumping off the top of the building with an umbrella to his death.

This is the best show on TV right now. We MUST have a season 3.

Belfast

Son of Godzilla said:

There's also some other good continuity. Henchman 21 (I think?) said in Return to Spider-Skull Island that he was going to try and grow a ponytail, and when we see him in the Season 2 opener sans costume, that's exactly what he's doing. It's a minor point, but the attention to detail is fantastic.

Tamanon

Banned
Just like Tiny Eagle was mentioned back in Tag Sale, when Phantom Limb said he heard from a little bird, but don't blame Tiny Eagle.

Maybe we'll have miniature supervillain wars!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Son of Godzilla said:
And Doc not losing his virginity till 24 seems to be mildly important too.
I don't really think that's a clue. We know Venture is 42 years old, and the boys can't be any older than 16 or so.

Sapiens

Link said:
I don't really think that's a clue. We know Venture is 42 years old, and the boys can't be any older than 16 or so.

Sooo, the boys were
born of woman, but have also been cloned numerous times? so, will we ever know the mother?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sapienshomo said:
Sooo, the boys were
born of woman, but have also been cloned numerous times? so, will we ever know the mother?
It could go either way, really. They could be clones of original kids, or they were clones all along (of Venture and Brock would be my guess). However, Venture mentioned that when you have death-prone children, you keep a few clones around, which seems to point toward the kids being natural-born originally.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm excited to see where the plot goes, especially knowing that the season finale is a two-parter. Combining the humor with some serial aspects is what makes this show so special for me.

Sapiens

Does anyone else think that the Club Kid, Sky, might be pregnant? He did say he was going to have a baby with her - was she already pregnant?

Also, the intro was priceless - the running silhouettes with Rusty stumbling- perfect.

And why
did Jonas Jr become so...normal? Strange, but I like it. Makes the interplay between the two hilarious.

Either way, its a great way to pick up from last season.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sapienshomo said:
Does anyone else think that the Club Kid, Sky, might be pregnant? He did say he was going to have a baby with her - was she already pregnant?
Eh, I think that was more meant as "We're in love and we plan to have a kid."

Sapiens

Link said:
Eh, I think that was more meant as "We're in love and we plan to have a kid."

You never know with the Vneture Bros.

And just to correct the previous posts, Tiny Joseph is not the same tiny individual as the Tiny cell-mate.

So is Venture Bros going to become the cartoon world's Lost? I've been watching Season 1 from the beginning on DVD and there's all kinds of hints and hidden things pointing towards shit that happens later. So awesome. :D

Link

The Autumn Wind
WordAssassin said:
So is Venture Bros going to become the cartoon world's Arrested Development? I've been watching Season 1 from the beginning on DVD and there's all kinds of hints and hidden things pointing towards shit that happens later. So awesome. :D
Fixed for a much better comparison.

Gribbix

These were probably already posted a long time ago, but in case some of you missed them, IGN Filmforce has some audio clips and songs that take place between season 1 and season 2 (except for the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend's rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy").

These clips are the Monarch's two phone calls from prison:
http://ffmovies.ign.com/filmforce/audio/article/561/561302/monarch_girlfriend.mp3
http://ffmovies.ign.com/filmforce/audio/article/561/561302/henchmen.mp3

Then there are the covers of "The Little Drummer Boy" and "Hard Candy Christmas":
http://ffmovies.ign.com/filmforce/audio/article/573/573912/vb_monarch_drummer_boy.mp3
http://ffmovies.ign.com/filmforce/audio/article/677/677376/venture_bros_hard_candy_xmas.mp3

Tamanon

Banned
I love the henchmen. Still one of my favorite quotes of all time was "He's a monster, I think it was two ninjas taped together to make one giant ninja!"

Sapienshomo said:
You never know with the Vneture Bros.

And just to correct the previous posts, Tiny Joseph is not the same tiny individual as the Tiny cell-mate.
Doc Hammer was credited as voicing Tiny Joseph in that episode... Did he show up somewhere else and it just slipped my mind?

Link said:

I wasn't really suggesting anything other than it seemed the kind of joke that you introduce early on in order to develop it. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, 24 + 16 = 40. If it takes a month or so to cook up new bodies for the kids then that'd be pretty close to 42.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Maybe the best VB episode ever :lol
I'm so glad this show's back. It seems like this season may be even better than the last one.
The ending had everyone in my living room laughing and laughing.

Just a FYI - in case you missed it, or want to watch it again, AS has put the VB season 2 premiere back up on Adult Swim Fix.

Had to watch that open again.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You know, while the opening is great, it doesn't really make all that much sense once you've watched the entire episode.

Why would Venture be so upset about the boys dying? Especially when they mention later that it's happened 14 times now and they're all non-challant about it when telling Dr. Orpheus about it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
metsallica said:
He wasn't upset... he was FREE!
I dunno, he seemed pretty upset when he pulled away from everyone and took off in the X1. Plus if he wanted to be "free" so badly, I doubt he'd have recloned them so many times already.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Link said:
You know, while the opening is great, it doesn't really make all that much sense once you've watched the entire episode.

Why would Venture be so upset about the boys dying? Especially when they mention later that it's happened 14 times now and they're all non-challant about it when telling Dr. Orpheus about it.

I think Dr. Venture was just using as an exscue to run away and have fun.

Link said:
I dunno, he seemed pretty upset when he pulled away from everyone and took off in the X1. Plus if he wanted to be "free" so badly, I doubt he'd have recloned them so many times already.
Basically it's his way of coping, unwinding. Lets call it Rusty time. I think he obviously cares about the boys but they can be... grating, so he runs away when they die and gets to live a little before he returns to his perceived doldrums.

I also think Brock trying to restrain him was not because of Dr. Venture's grief, but because Brock has been through him running so many times before he was trying to cut TS off at the pass and save himself a month-long search.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
For those interested, Quick Stop Entertainment has a commentary track for Home Insecurity, which didn't make the DVD.

I listened to a couple of the commentary tracks and they were amusing and all, but I really wish they were a bit more informative about how the show's been put together, its genesis, etc. It would have been nice for something in the set to be a serious look at the making of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom