• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pachinko said:
I'm always baffled by the huge adult swim love- half of space ghost coast to coast is great stuff, the other half not so much, Sealab is kind of watchable... once. Venture brothers is a genuinely good show, like futurama quality stuff. Aqua teen was funny for about a year and now it's just garbage and basically everything else that's an adult swim original is crap. EVERYTHING.
LOOK AT ME I'M EDGY I DISAGREE WITH COMMONLY HEALD OPINIONS FTW!

Belfast

Holy shit that was great. I like how there seems to be a bit more of an ongoing story this time, too. Still got the humor, but they're pulling together the narrative aspects, as well.

Oh Venture Bros, how I missed you so!

Master Shake said:
LOOK AT ME I'M EDGY I DISAGREE WITH COMMONLY HEALD OPINIONS FTW!

He's right though.

It's kind of obvious but GAF represents a particular "cult" of people which doesn't necessarily represent real-world people. Lots of stuff on AS IMO is pretty dumb. Like blatantly stupid as to purposely sell to the stoner crowd (Tom Goes to the Mayor).

Futurama doesn't really count because it's not an AS creation. Venture Bros. is probably the only decent thing on AS.

Lhadatt

Master Shake said:
Spoiler what? Quotes? **** that shit.
And you I shall call, "Princess Jackass!"

pachinko said:
I'm always baffled by the huge adult swim love- half of space ghost coast to coast is great stuff, the other half not so much, Sealab is kind of watchable... once. Venture brothers is a genuinely good show, like futurama quality stuff. Aqua teen was funny for about a year and now it's just garbage and basically everything else that's an adult swim original is crap. EVERYTHING.
asshat.jpg

Either say something about VB2.1, or get out. There are plenty of other "HAHA [as] SUCKS NOW!!!@1" threads here.

The Shadow said:
He's right though.

It's kind of obvious but GAF represents a particular "cult" of people which doesn't necessarily represent real-world people. Lots of stuff on AS IMO is pretty dumb. Like blatantly stupid as to purposely sell to the stoner crowd (Tom Goes to the Mayor).

Futurama doesn't really count because it's not an AS creation. Venture Bros. is probably the only decent thing on AS.

Most people on GAF don't like Tom Goes to the Mayor.

If you're going to slag people for their tastes, at least check to find out what their tastes are...

Sirpopopop said:
Most people on GAF don't like Tom Goes to the Mayor.

If you're going to slag people for their tastes, at least check to find out what their tastes are...

Would you feel better if I pulled that out of my reply? It was an example of the crap on AS and I wasn't complaining exclusively about it. So what of GAF likes all the slightly better than Tom Goes to the Mayor crap. I think the point of my post was pretty clear.

Sand. Vagina. There is no need.

The Shadow said:
Would you feel better if I pulled that out of my reply? It was an example of the crap on AS and I wasn't complaining exclusively about it. So what of GAF likes all the slightly better than Tom Goes to the Mayor crap. I think the point of my post was pretty clear.
It's obvious that you're just reached to threadcrap at this point. Take that shit elsewhere, we're trying to talk about the awesomeness of Venture Bros. 2 ;)

Master Shake said:
It's obvious that you're just reached to threadcrap at this point. Take that shit elsewhere, we're trying to talk about the awesomeness of Venture Bros. 2 ;)

Venture Bros. IS awesome. I won't dispute that.

I think it's a miracle they allows a second season. AS seems to pump out unfunny shockwave stuff every year on the cheap. I honestly thought a real production like Venture Bros. was doomed.

I'm glad it's not. There should be more shows like Venture Bros. That's what I'm saying.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Shadow said:
I'm glad it's not. There should be more shows like Venture Bros. That's what I'm saying.
See: Korgoth of Barbaria

The Shadow said:
Venture Bros. IS awesome. I won't dispute that.

I think it's a miracle they allows a second season. AS seems to pump out unfunny shockwave stuff every year on the cheap. I honestly thought a real production like Venture Bros. was doomed.

Do you ever quit it with the [as] trolling, Shadow? You were starting to show some level of coolness, but then you just had to get back to the "[as] sucks, the shows are terrible, blah blah blah" schtick. Stop it.

Lhadatt

Again, keep the thread on task. This is about VB2, not [as].

Halfway through the ep. [as] Fix is having loading problems. Awesome so far.
Jonas Jr. = good comic potential. Love the new opening, great gag.

Master Shake said:
Do you ever quit it with the [as] trolling, Shadow? You were starting to show some level of coolness, but then you just had to get back to the "[as] sucks, the shows are terrible, blah blah blah" schtick. Stop it.

"Sand. Vagina. There is no need."

:|

The Shadow said:
He's right though.

This is completely off base. If anything AS gets way more love in the real world than it does on GAF. FG is disturbingly popular considering there's like 5 episodes. ATHF might as well start a cult. Home Movies could of as well, and as far as I can tell Space Ghost did. Everyone I know loves Robot Chicken whereas here it's regularly hated on.

Not to mention the inexplicable love some of their dumb animes get.

Belfast

Dudes, this is a VB Season 2 thread. Take it outside or to PMs or I'll ban ye. No more discussion of the quality of [as] in this thread.

With that said, wtf is wrong with the [as fix]? The player started stalling and just shut down all of a sudden. Did that many people catch Venture Bros. S2? :lol

Trurl

Banned
AS IMO is pretty dumb. Like blatantly stupid as to purposely sell to the stoner crowd (Tom Goes to the Mayor).
Oh, here we go with the Tom Goes to the Mayor bashing.

Edit: woops, missed Belfast's post. Please don't ban me.

Lhadatt

Master Shake said:
With that said, wtf is wrong with the [as fix]? The player started stalling and just shut down all of a sudden. Did that many people catch Venture Bros. S2? :lol
Yes, actually.

Too many hits, too little bandwidth.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Master Shake said:
The player stalled and eventually shut down for me during
the Monarch's rape
scene. A quick reload and fast forward to where I left off, though, and the rest of the episode played with zero problems.

Fantastic episode, too. Wow, it's nice to have the show back, and it looks like we'll have a strong storyline through the entire season. The
uncostumed henchmen
were hilarious to see, and we finally got a
Hadji
parody. Great stuff.

bluemax

Banned
30 seconds, buffering, 30 seconds buffering. I watched the old episode earlier with no buffering and now this ugh.

Sapiens

I'm in pain here - why must they torture us Canadians and not let us watch this?

Someone needs to hook me up - I bought two copies of the Season 1 DVD, god damnit - I deserve this!!

Sapienshomo said:
I'm in pain here - why must they torture us Canadians and not let us watch this?

Someone needs to hook me up - I bought two copies of the Season 1 DVD, god damnit - I deserve this!!
Live in a real country
OH SNAP!!!!

hobbitx

Wow, it's nice to have the show back, and it looks like we'll have a strong storyline through the entire season. The uncostumed henchmen were hilarious to see, and we finally got a Hadji parody. Great stuff.
That was mother****ing genius right there. :lol They should have kept that dude around, a middle-aged Hadji sounds hilarious.

I gotta say though, I sure as hell hope they aren't about to start some jealousy plot between the Jonas and Thad. I can't stand tired filler like that. I was really looking forward to seeing them work together and have a more pathetic personal type of sibling rivalry with each other, not all material.

Fifty

Pure quality

:lol :lol

The opening music montage had me cracking up. Best two minutes ever. "This is sky, we're gonna have a child!"

This show has the best characters in any animated show I've seen (recently at least). These guys are geniuses

Tamanon

Banned
Also, really love the last part after the credits

Monarch just sees a disembodied arm. "What?" like it's an everyday thing

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
I'm so excited about the second season! Our waiting is finally over! I am waiting till Sunday to see it on the big screen and all that. Thanks to this thread for reminding me about it!

Oh man, I love love love the Venture Brothers. Thought the pilot was brilliant, though somehow didn't get into the series when it first premiered. Then once the episodes started replaying I got hooked. I pre-ordered the DVDs as soon as I could and got them a day after they came out. I should really re-watch a couple more of them before Sunday, it's so funny. My favorite episode had to be the Trial of the Monarch ("Mecha Shiva! Mecha Shiva!").

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hilarious premiere, though Jonas was pretty annoying. I liked him more when he was hellbent on killing Rusty.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
:lol

Oh shit, that was great. "What is this? Fourteen?" then the montage of the boys.

"That time there was a gas leak. The silent killer!"

:lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Dean running with scissors was awesome too. I hope they have more of Monarch forming a little cabal of villains.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom