• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochimp

Link said:
Ah, thanks.

So I guess Dr. Venture has just one eye now? Unless he can fix that somehow.

His eye just popped out of the socket, it happens and it is pretty easily fixed. You just push it back in

Tamanon

Banned
Good episode on the fix again, Assassinanny 911.

Get a bit more insight into the OSI days and Molotov Cocktease:)

Brock's badassedness knows no bounds

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Assassinanny 911 is up at Adult Swim Fix.

Just finished it. There are some really funny moments, but it's not quite as out-and-out hilarious as last week.

Tamanon

Banned
White Man said:
Operation Rusty's Blanket?

Probably something to do with
Dr. Venture's father probably did something incredibly useful for the government...maybe to do with the fake president and they owe him big time, so they guard Rusty Venture.

White Man

Also liked
"The End" sequence
. Another good episode. Not quite as good as the last ep, but it was frankly a tough act to follow.

xsarien

daedsiluap
So I was all, like, "Is that supposed to be a Hunter S. Thom---YEP!"

That was nice. And I agree, this episode wasn't as good as last week and the premiere, but those are two incredibly tough acts to follow.

White Man

xsarien said:
And I agree, this episode wasn't as good as last week and the premiere, but those are two incredibly tough acts to follow.

I don't want to be the kind of guy that claims every week's episode is the new best episode ever, but after pondering it for a week, I think last week's episode was the best ever.

Tamanon

Banned
I try not to quantify each episode in orders of best ever.:p

Poor Hank though!
Danica Patrick isn't good for him anymore!

Also....MY PANTS ARE HAUNTED!

xsarien

daedsiluap
White Man said:
I don't want to be the kind of guy that claims every week's episode is the new best episode ever, but after pondering it for a week, I think last week's episode was the best ever.

I'm really torn between Powerless in the Face of Death and Hate Floats. I enjoyed the former slightly more if for no other reason than Dr. Venture loving every minute of Orpheus' melodrama.

Dan

Yeah, it's unfair to look at every episode as either the best yet or not. After all, not every week can have 21 and 24 humming "Mars, the Bringer of War". :lol

tralfazz

I can't believe no one has made an avatar of
Moltov showing her Hanklights.
Gotta kill pop. Yeah definately should kill pop.:lol :lol

MrDaravon

Tamanon said:
Probably something to do with
Dr. Venture's father probably did something incredibly useful for the government...maybe to do with the fake president and they owe him big time, so they guard Rusty Venture.

Wait,
fake president?
How the hell did I miss that?

tralfazz

For me the laugh out loud moment was the throw-away line
"And worst is, I think Dean is enjoying it." "You mean the Scooby-Doo kid? Where is he anyways?"
:lol

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
"Molotov Cocktease" is one of the funniest character names ever. For me, second runner up in concept is "Manic Eightball".

xsarien

daedsiluap
SteveMeister said:
"Molotov Cocktease" is one of the funniest character names ever. For me, second runner up in concept is "Manic Eightball".

I'm a much bigger fan of "Girl Hitler."

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm a little disappointed they made no mention of Triana's reaction to the boys being alive; it's just business as usual. Is she in on the fact that they're clones or what?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Link said:
I'm a little disappointed they made no mention of Triana's reaction to the boys being alive; it's just business as usual. Is she in on the fact that they're clones or what?

Well, her father is a necromancer, she probably sees stuff like that all the time. She was only upset in the first episode because she didn't want to think of them as zombies, I doubt she'd have a problem with a normal resurrection.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, yeah, I guess I can buy that.

I can't wait to see how Brock ended up ripping out Molotov's eye.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Link said:
These episodes ARE being shown out of order (they did the same thing with season 1).

Whether that has anything to do with it, I don't know.

Dan

Link said:
FWIW, she was in the room when Orpheus opened the door to find the boys.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Are the episodes in order on the DVD release?

and why is next week part II of something when I dont recall seeing part 1?

Also, loved the ep. Not as good as last weeks, but still great.

Tamanon

Banned
It's not a part II.

Although Return to the House of Mummies might refer to the place they just came from in the pilot when Brock fought the guy in bandages.:p

The DVD episodes are in the order that they should've been aired, they were just aired out of order a bit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New episode is up, the Part 2 thing is part of the joke, best episode thus far in my own humble opinion.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno what to say. Have you cleared your internet cache? It's working perfectly in IE and shows up in the top right hand corner.

MrDaravon

OMFG, the episode was great. Why were some of those people even there!?

The part after the credits were the 2nd Brock cuts open Edgar Allen Poe a la Empire Strikes Back was ****ing classic.

I didn't have any problems with Firefox. Dunno man.

Matt

Well, this is as good a place as any to ask this q. Firefox for me won’t play ANY videos that would be played using WMP, it will only play Flash, QuickTime, and Real (I would guess, like hell I would even try). Anyone know why this might be?

bluemax

Banned
Matt said:
Well, this is as good a place as any to ask this q. Firefox for me won’t play ANY videos that would be played using WMP, it will only play Flash, QuickTime, and Real (I would guess, like hell I would every try). Anyone know why this might be?

Two possibilities: Javascript is blocked or the VLC FireFox plugin is installed. Try allowing JS for that site or uninstall VLC and reinstall without the plug in.

Matt

bluemax said:
Two possibilities: Javascript is blocked or the VLC FireFox plugin is installed. Try allowing JS for that site or uninstall VLC and reinstall without the plug in.
Nope...that didn't do it...

White Man

Um, I couldn't get it to work in IE6, IE7, Firefox, Opera, or Seamonkey. It would crash every browser. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling media player. Nothing worked.

Then I loaded up XP in Parallels on my MacBook Pro and it worked like a charm.

EDIT: The new episode was great!

Pachinko

Thanks to youtube I'm caught up to episode 3 now. Assananny didn't really get good until the middle but man oh man. There was some gold there I tell ya what.

I"m not gonna say BEST EPISODE EVAR about any of these but I'll just say VB is head and shoulders above basically anything on tv today. Quality beats quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom