• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0dus

Banned
"No, seriously, Orpheus. this feels incredible. But I can taste my genitals for some reason. That's wierd. I can taste my genitals."

:lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Continuity problem though.

The main plot is
about the shrink ray being sold to Billy and White. But....they didn't get the shrink ray because they kept arguing!

m0dus

Banned
Tamanon said:
Continuity problem though.

The main plot is
about the shrink ray being sold to Billy and White. But....they didn't get the shrink ray because they kept arguing!

More than likely he relented and sold it to them after that scene was over. Not likely he'd give up that $50 easily!

Sapiens

How does this show even fit into the continuity at all?

-
the episode ended showing hank on the verge of death and dean missing entirely - with TWO brocks and a sliced open Edgar A Poe - I just dont see how they can recover from this without simply cloning the boys again (i dont think killing the boys should be done so often)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sapienshomo said:

-
the episode ended showing hank on the verge of death and dean missing entirely - with TWO brocks and a sliced open Edgar A Poe - I just dont see how they can recover from this without simply cloning the boys again (i dont think killing the boys should be done so often)

I don't think continuity is suppose to be an issue.

Jon Benjamin's cameo was ****ing awesome.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I took the stuff going on with Brock and the boys to be outside of the continuity of the series completely.

Docs story was the main one, and the other one was just supposed to exist to cut to really random happenings that made little/no sense. The joke being that alot seemed to be happening with the boys/brock while the proff did next to nothing and forgot all about them.

The shows backstory/continuity only needs to exist if it ads to the humor. This isnt lost, its a cartoon comedy, I think we can give them some artistic freedom to pick where and when the story has continuity.

Lhadatt

StoOgE said:
The shows backstory/continuity only needs to exist if it ads to the humor. This isnt lost, its a cartoon comedy, I think we can give them some artistic freedom to pick where and when the story has continuity.
If this were anything but Venture Bros., I would agree with you.

The random adventure cut-aways will likely show up in continuity somehow at some point. I don't think Jackson and Doc can resist it.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Sapiens said:

-

The episode ended in the middle of a time paradox. With two of each of the players, it's not really a huge deal if you lose one pair of the boys. I imagine that Brock or Venture would eventually figure out a way to straighten out the timeline.
Can't really stress over continuity when there's a time machine involved...

Gribbix

MetatronM said:
It's off next week as well. Then it will be back.

No, I have no idea why either.

There was a delay in the production of the season finale.

http://jacksonpublick.livejournal.com/14149.html?thread=1252421#t1252421
The wait is in order to save you a longer, more painful wait later in the season. You see, we didn't want to blow our premiere date, but we're not done with all the episodes yet. In particular, the finale episode shipped overseas about a month late when we were still in pre-production. So, rather than make that month up between the penultimate and finale episodes, we get two weeks of reruns now, and another two weeks of reruns later in the season (probably after about four more new episodes). It sucks, I know...but at least we're not as bad as Lost.

Tamanon

Banned
New episode is HILARIOUS. Triumphant return of
Ghost Pirate guy and Professor Impossible!

IGNORE ME!

And for the record, that ending was really f'ed up too!

calder

Seriously. For me the opening 5 minutes of season 2 were probably the most insanely funny stretch of any TV show since Arrested Development went off the air. And "Escape to the House of Mummies" is probably the funniest VB show to date, narrowly beating out a couple of s2 and a few s1 eps for that honour, so that's sure a damn good sign for the show.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lost Fragment said:
It's interesting to read all the positive feedback the show gets now, and then go back and read GAF's initial reaction.

I thought the show sucked ass too at first, but now it's one of my favorite shows.
"...I can see the premise getting old really fast."

Haha, fortunately for all, quite the opposite happened.

HeadsUpSevenUp said:
Stephen Colbert was Professor Impossible.

Awesome.
In season 1 as well.
Lost Fragment said:
It's interesting to read all the positive feedback the show gets now, and then go back and read GAF's initial reaction.

I thought the show sucked ass too at first, but now it's one of my favorite shows.
That thread was about Stroker and Hoop! Venture Bros. premiered in February of 2003; pre NeoGAF.

And yes, I realize I said the same thing in that thread as well...

Spencerr

Banned
God damn. I love this show.

Stephen Colbert is an awesome voice. I love him as Professor Impossible and as Phil Ken Sebben (Harvey Birdman)

Tamanon

Banned
Just a reminder that it airs in another hour or so on Cartoon Network.

And here's the blurb for next week's episode.

"Victor Echo November" Episode #115.
The Phantom Limb and Dr. Girlfriend go on a double date with The Monarch and a girl he met on the Internet.

AWESOME.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tamanon said:
Just a reminder that it airs in another hour or so on Cartoon Network.

And here's the blurb for next week's episode.

"Victor Echo November" Episode #115.
The Phantom Limb and Dr. Girlfriend go on a double date with The Monarch and a girl he met on the Internet.

AWESOME.
Oh man, that could be an instant classic if done right.

Bowser

Is there anyway to get a more stable stream of this ep
or a torrent
? It has to buffer every like 20 seconds :/

hobbitx

OT, but what did everybody think of Metalocalypse? I thought there was some good hype going for it here, heard nothing though. I didn't like it as much as I thought I was going to.

hobbitx said:
OT, but what did everybody think of Metalocalypse? I thought there was some good hype going for it here, heard nothing though. I didn't like it as much as I thought I was going to.
I really liked it. I couldn't hear it right on the fix, but I thought it was funny when I saw is sunday. Even the jokes I expected, like "PRICE CHECK!!!!!" were funny. I love the music more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom