• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vertical or Horizontal? What's your preference?

horizontal just because it fits better in my entertianment cabnet. My Wii however is vertical because its small enough to sit right beside my TV.

BMAN

Vertical for me. Because of the stand and the plastic plate I can trust it won't fall over, unlike my 360.

cvxfreak

My 360 and PS3 are horizontal and my Wii is vertical with the stand. My setup makes it so much easier that way.

TheWolf

Banned
vertical. i don't even feel like i need the plastic stand, since the Wii is a lot more weighty than i thought it would be. i also thought it would be too tall to fit in my entertainment center if it was vertical, but it fits with room to spare for Wavebird receivers. :)

I originally had it horizontally but, it gave me problems with loading in the beginning of Zelda so, it's vertical now. I haven't tried horizontal again.

lachesis

Horizontal, if I can find room for it...

I'm still debating whether to have my PS3 vertical or horizontal when I get it. Considering it's size, I'd like to have horizontal - but I'll have to move some of my stuff underneath my TV...

Gav

Always been horizontal. PS2 and 360 are horizontal.

Although, my Wii (when it launches here) may have to go Vertical, 1) because it looks cool on the stand and 2) cos i have nowhere to put it horizontal! (Actually, got nowhere for it vertical either...more space please!)

SuperPac

I've got mine vert, baby. Fits nicely next to the 360, which is horizontal and has the HD-DVD drive on top.

my PS2 has been Vertical for 6 years and fine with it

but since my PS3 has arrived, I threw out my old malfuntionning DVD+VCR combo player and placed the PS3 horisontally where the DVD+VCR player used to be

now, after looking at the spare space left next to the PS3, there is enough room for a horizontal Wii (comming soon)...

so next-gen,.... I`m going Horisontal

At first I thought this thread was not gaming related... ;)

Otherwise, only Wii and 360 are vertical for me. It's mostly because I'm running out of room to put things. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PS3 is too gorgeous vertical to have it any other way. I have it vertical with the font facing me.

I compensated for the lack of space by hiding my 360 behind it (also vertical). Only problem is that if you face them the same way the 360 disc tray is the wrong way round.

Hadn't considered the wii. prolly small enough to hide inside the AV cabinet - 360 was there for a while but it got too hot.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I came in here thinking this was about split screen multiplayer, ready to stand up for horizontal. Instead I just get reminded I have to wait a few more weeks to get a wii :-(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
chadums90 said:
fat=gorgeous? lollerskates!

I have the font facing me so it hides the nasty lumps and bumps. Just pure shiny black goodness with a dash of Spiderman. Having it horizontal make s it look fatter IMO.

chadums90

mrklaw said:
I have the font facing me so it hides the nasty lumps and bumps. Just pure shiny black goodness with a dash of Spiderman. Having it horizontal make s it look fatter IMO.

I know, I was half-kidding. But does it look really look less huge standing up?

Grayman

My ps2 is horizontal. when i tried it vertical(discs loaded faster) last year within a day the cd drive jammed and I had to shove it back into place which is a scary experiance.

Also my shelf is a wire type one and the small footprint of a vertical console doesn't seem save to me.

Roders5 said:
I came in here thinking this was about split screen multiplayer, ready to stand up for horizontal. Instead I just get reminded I have to wait a few more weeks to get a wii :-(
yeah me too. I have never actually played a game on vertical though. I've seen how it looks but always found the option for what i was used to in the past.

Would vertical work better with a widescreen tv though? present the game in two 4:3 boxes instead of double widescreen?

Jasoco

Banned
I might have to go vertical this round. When I got my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive I had to quickly pull it out of its spot and never got back to putting it back down there, but now I kinda like it standing up there. I'll probably do the same thing with my PS3 and Wii when I get them. Saves room.

bumpkin

I'd say my system orientation is mixed, primarily due to my entertainment center. My 360 is vertical and to the left of my TV, and my Wii is vertical to the right of the TV. My PS2 was where my Wii is now until it got demoted and moved down to one of the shelves below (it was vertical before I moved it, now it's horizontal).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Wii is the first system I've placed horizontally. Even the 360 and PS3 I lay on their sides. I guess its the fact that I got a base with the system and if it knocks over and screws up Nintendo's got me covered with their bad ass warranty.

ghibli99

xhadoukenx said:
And I was hoping this would be some kinda shmup thread.
That's what I thought when I first saw it.

I have my Wii horizontal, although admittedly, it basically looks like a boring 5.25" slot-loading drive for a PC. Vertical in the stand a bit more distinctive, I guess, but I just don't care for it that way.

Tarazet

My 360 stands upright, and I never thought to have it another way. But my slim PS2 sits on all of its feet, and I never thought to have it another way.

Carlisle

PS2 is horizontal in my TV cabinet. Wii is vertical next to the TV since there's no room in the cabinet anymore (PS2 and DVR took it all up). I have no worries at all about standing my Wii vertically... not only is the stand pretty sturdy, but the stand has a stand of its own to keep it from tipping. Security 4tw.

Top Bottom