• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGA Trailers (GOW3,GTA4DLC,Uncharted2,BrutalLegend)

Igo said:
Brutal Legend look awful...
gtfo.gif

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I agree that the graphics in Brutal Legend were quite underwhelming. But that doesn't really detract from my excitement for the game for some reason. Probably because it's not about the graphics.

Brutal Legend looked brutally bland from the snippets of gameplay shown, great humor though, it'll be worthwhile just for that.

I usually don't like trailers with no gameplay, but the Uncharted 2 trailer was just awesome. Presented the game well... some mystery, some thrills, some charisma, brand new setting... oh man.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Brutal Legend looks dated in graphics but cool in fun, hopefully you can custom ur ride with cool Metal God stuff!

GoW 3 looks..well like a next(current?) gen GoW

LJ11

I'll agree with the Mafia comments, looks very good. Uncharted and GoW, look good as well, really looking forward to both. I must have watched a different Brutal Legend trailer.

Red

Unimpressed by GoWIII, which surprised me. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Uncharted II looks great, but so did the first one. The best part for me was the direction of that trailer and the environment shown. I'm not sure why there are so many people saying it's a CG trailer when it doesn't really look like a dramatic leap from the first one. My only question is how a train ends up like that. Where are the tracks?

Haven't watched the others.

Jander

Banned
Love the lighting hit the rock wall as Kratos is running across it.

Drake makes me laugh.

Can't wait to see more. LittleBigTeases.

alba

Little is the new Big
Unfuckingcharted 2 <3<3<3
GoW3 looks ok but they didn't really pick the right footage to show I guess ;O
Brutal Legend HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS!

gosh this is awesome.

TheExodu5

Banned
Uncharted 2 and GoW3 look incredible. I really hope that GoW3 is running at 60fps...if it is, then I'd say it's the best looking game (assuming that's in game footage). If it's 30fps, then I'm a tad underwhelmed. Brutal Legend looks like a shitty Jak 3 ripoff...awful.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
GoW looks alright, but considering the pedigree, and the Jaffe hype, is underwhelming. Not that I care about the game, but it's nothing to complain about, if it can hold 60fps still, and add in the GoW scale of huge things and mythical behemoths.

Uncharted confirms yet again that Nathan is one of the best characters in years. They could make a game of just him doing chores and making quips and I'd buy it.

Brutal Legend ... Oh wait I see what people are doing DOESN'T LOOK NEXT GEN DOESN'T MAKE ME SAY WOW WTF DFINE U SUK NO SALE.

Do want.

Kingpen

No_Style said:
It was there. It looked great. Tyson vs Ali is its tagline.

Being that it was a CG trailer, I thought it was a pretty shitty way to show Fight Night 4... I'm very disapointed they did a CG trailer, but still hopeful the gameplay will look better then FN3

manueldelalas said:
Watched them all.

GoW3 trailer was kind of meh, didn't impress me at all, so much for "it looks like a painting".
Uncharted 2 looks cool
GTA was also meh... don't know, will have to watch more.

Brutal Legend looked fuck awesome! Now that is a game that will be on my radar.

What jaffe saw and described that looked like a painting is different than the VGA trailer.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Really, whoever approved the GoW3 trailer should be fired. They should have gone with an Uncharted 2 type trailer that focused more on atmosphere vs. gameplay. What a terrible way to introduce one of the biggest titles of 2010.

Wow. Mafia is really impressive, considering it's obviously in-engine.

Actually, all of these games look pretty good to me. Terminator would be the only one I'm on the fence about.

RSTEIN said:
Really, whoever approved the GoW3 trailer should be fired. They should have gone with an Uncharted 2 type trailer that focused more on atmosphere vs. gameplay. What a terrible way to introduce one of the biggest titles of 2010.

people would have moaned about a lack of gameplay if they did that.

mood

GOW3 looks ok... GTA DLC so far isnt grabbing me, Uncharted looks awesome and Brutal Legend should BE awesome.

RSTEIN said:

If the next time they show a GoW3 trailer and it looks similar to what Jaffe described, how many people are even going to remember this one?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
BlazingDarkness said:
people would have moaned about a lack of gameplay if they did that.
We would have moaned with whatever they put out. We're pretty ungrateful, us gamers.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
no on every one of those trailers....just no.

JUST SAY NO PEOPLE

and how is mafia II in engine? we have screenshots and they look nothing like that.

Top Bottom