• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGA Trailers (GOW3,GTA4DLC,Uncharted2,BrutalLegend)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
These are about as interesting as the first Gears 2 'red' unveiling teaser.

Show us the games plz!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
BlazingDarkness said:
people would have moaned about a lack of gameplay if they did that.

Yeah, that's true. Well then they should have done more story/atmosphere stuff with the quick action sequences spliced in between. I dunno. It was just like "and here's some random 2-3 second action sequences from one of the biggest titles of 2010! Keep in mind that it's early in development and all the really cool looking stuff can't be shown yet!" It really fell flat, especially when compared to the awesome Uncharted 2 and Mafia 2 trailers.

KR3W

Banned
Uncharted 2 looks sooooo good, so does Mafia II.

I'm not too sure about GoWIII in the graphics dept, though. I'll hold my judgement until I see a higher quality video.

Mifune

Mehmber
God of War 3 looks pretty nice. I'm glad we get to see some gameplay.

Uncharted 2? Nice cutscene.

Brutal Legend? This looks like a 3D Full Throttle. FUCK YES.

MidiSurf

Banned
AAK said:
Brutal Legend really reminded me of Golden Axe Beast Rider.

:mad:

I admit technically it didn't amaze me. But I'm also aware I saw youtube material... And it's Tim Schafer game so I'm 100% sure the game will be good.

RuGalz

Just played like 4 hours of PoP and every time I hear the main character scream "craaaap" I am reminded of Uncharted. Now, at end of the trailer where Drake screams "craaaap" I am reminded of PoP. :lol The trailers for GoW3 and Uncharted 2 are hawt.

Should Uncharted 2 be Amongst Thieves? rather than Among Thieves?
Would make more sense to me.
Nicely done though, only trailer out of them all that pulled me

Terminator Salvation looks like another generic Gears of War rip-off.

God of War III got me even more excited.

Uncharted is so far my favorite trailer. Cannot wait.

DefectiveReject said:
Should Uncharted 2 be Amongst Thieves? rather than Among Thieves?
Would make more sense to me.
Nicely done though, only trailer out of them all that pulled me

They're interchangeable. You just pick the one that sounds better. In that case, "amongst thieves" sounds terrible.

I expected more from GOW3 visually, not that it looks bad or anything, just looks... as expected. Like a current gen GOW. I was thinking that would have a different style going by Jaffe's comments about looking like concept art come to life. But there were no huge set pieces/bosses in the teaser which I know will be there, was a pretty "small" trailer in that regard. Day 1 of course, looks 60fps too, probably going to be the action game of the generation.

Uncharted 2, wow'd. Graphics look amazing, lighting is perfect. That's gonna be a joy I loved the first and am excited for the new story. I hope they don't take away too much of the shooting in favor of exploration/platforming, I liked the balance of the first game. I wanted more though, was hoping for a little action packed montage at the end.

Want GTA4DLC too, always thought 1% motorcycle clubs were interesting so a a gta biker story might be cool if it's well done, I think it's a good premise and I have hope the writing and characters will be good, though the quotes from the trailer were kinda nauseating.

eso76

honestly, i expected A LOT better from gow3, i believe this is not the OMG i can't tell if it's cg or not ! trailer Jaffe was talking about though.
Uncharted II looks...as good as uncharted 1.
And considering cutscenes are not always realtime in Uncharted 1, who knows what are we looking at anyway.

Mafia 2, on the other hand, looks very promising.

aku08

i gotta admit, when i saw the GOW3 trailer live in tv (and i dont have spike hd) i was really disappointed. but when i went online, and saw it (about a dozen times over and over again) i'm actually getting really hyped up. it looks good, and we all gotta remember, its still early.

Uncharted 2 blew my mind.

(and a little gripe about VGA, they all have this hoopla going on, and then they just announce all the winners in one segment called "and the winners are". what???)

Worst set of trailers I've ever seen, or at least in many years.

Regardless, GOWIII, Among Thieves, Brutal Legend: will all be winners IMO.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
4 new games I want, wow O.O

GOW 3 looks really nice, will be my first foray into that series
Uncharted 2 looks beautiful (I really should pick up the first one >.<)
Brutal Legend is obvious, its fucking Jack Black, will be sarcastic awesome throughout the game

the shocker is mafia 2, it gives me such an old school mob vibe that it looks awesome, I didn't have any interest in the first one, if it turns out to be well done and not tedious and boring like Godfather I will be into it

Sloane

Banned
So, did Jaffe see a different God of War or...? :lol

Also, the driving in Brütal Legend looks kinda horrible. Mafia 2 could be awesome though.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Sloane said:
So, did Jaffe see a different God of War or...? :lol

Also, the driving in Brütal Legend looks kinda horrible. Mafia 2 could be awesome though.

I thought God of War looked awesome for the little we saw, I think people are just too ready to hate, this is GAF and hating is what GAFfers do instead of appreciating a good game, I mean god forbid people enjoy a game but I personally think the game looks good

As for Jaffe, its his project, his game, its like a parent with a kid, their kid will always be the best, its only natural he takes a really good looking game and sees it as flawless, but that doesn't mean its as ugly as some here are stating (and others will join because it makes them think they are cool)

Grimmy

Banned
That DANTE'S INFERNO trailer is...truly awful. The Divine Comedy reduced to crap like "Go to hell". Have they no shame????

Mafia II was the highlight, God of War III looks good (but the art style was completely oversold), Uncharted 2 is in-engine so hard to gauge how it will look (very good I suspect).

jump_button said:
was the bar set to high for Gow3?

Way, way too high.

Opus Angelorum said:
Way, way too high.
Jaffe should have just kept his damn mouth shut. It doesn't matter that he added "AND I DON'T MEAN THE VGA STUFF" - if you say something like he did, people are going to expect to see it in whatever gets shown. And nothing I've seen makes it look a painting in motion. All he did was potentially hurt the perception of someone else's game, which ain't very nice.

Bebpo

Banned
Grimmy said:
That DANTE'S INFERNO trailer is...truly awful. The Divine Comedy reduced to crap like "Go to hell". Have they no shame????

The main guy looks like a D-level Batman ripoff...wtf

the God Of War III trailer looks too much like their concept art's look,
personally I prefer the FMVish look from the PSP commercial and from the earlier GOW3 teaser

bran

Kratos, Kazuma Kiryu, Solid Snake = the most hardass video game characters ever. Watching Kratos wall run sold me. Dayem.

Talon

Shoot. I just saw the GOW3 trailer on GT, and it looks pretty damn beautiful. It hasn't blown me away or anything, but it looks great.

At any rate, I'm wondering if they can manage to make the combat feel more visceral in terms of execution rather than visuals.

people are tripping here....

GOW 3 looked Very nice from that footage...and Ive almost every good looking game... honestly, what did people expect? Even from that trailer it looked as good as anything else out there (Gears 2, Killzone 2 etc)

Uncharted looked great, but the trailer showed nothing at all

Brutal legend looked alright, although the humour was pretty lame

Mafia looked nice enough graphically, but nothing interesting was shown at all....the cutscenes looked great, and the game will look great, but I think Uncharted 2 cut scenes is far more representative than whats been shown here

Top Bottom