• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX content schedule - three unannounced "world premieres"

Status
Not open for further replies.
geoffnotannouncex9j9f.jpg
Not sure why those would be "unrealistic". We've gotten games like Skyrim, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 3 and a bunch of other very high caliber games revealed at the VGAs before.

What makes any one of those unrealistic?

KissVibes

Banned
kinda suprised it seems so low-key. figured this, after the launches, would be a really good time for announcing new ps4/xbone stuff.

Why? MS and Sony are going to be selling well long into 2014 just by being a new system. Major debuts and new game announcements for these consoles should be saved until next year.

Mindlog

Geoff has no one to blame but himself for people's insane expectations. He may be pulling it in a bit more this time but how many years did he pour gasoline on the fire for every other event GT was covering or holding?
Bullshit. We can't keep passing the buck on how much we blow every tweet way out of proportion. Geoff has been especially quiet this year and some people are still expecting the moon. He could quit twitter and it would be taken as a sign.

Announcements are fun. But I had a huge problem with them during last year's event. They really overshadowed the awards. I'm pretty sure more people were excited about Dark Souls 2.

Gorillaz

Lol Doom 4? I can understand Uncharted 4 and even Mass Effect 4 to a certain extent but some people have insane amount hype and no proof that the hype is worth it.

KoopaTheCasual

"World Premiere" doesn't mean that the game hasn't been announced. It just means the trailer is new.

But the second highlighted one says "another all new game" meaning, we're getting 2 new games barest minimum. I'd wager 3, and then that Bonus world premiere is of an existing title.

Kudos to Geoff/GT for changing the format and listening to complaints a lot of people had about the VGAs. Really looking forward to tonight, don't care if we don't get megaton reveals, it will still be fun.

Marvel

could never
I just want one Megaton, I'm not greedy. Just need to see something new that makes me bust a nut with excitement.

MormaPope

Banned
The show itself doesn't get me excited, the reactions and discussions that will take place on GAF will get me all jossled and hot though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
These exclusives will all be up in gametrailers/YouTube tomorrow, right? Or if any of those wood premieres are literally just names like uncharted was, we won't even need videos

Will there be one consolidated thread to catch up on news, rather than trying to absorb a ton of information from the first few page of the gaming forum?

Sorian

Banned
At this point, I hope Reggie goes up there and demos something absolutely ridiculous, 3D world DLC, for example.

KoopaTheCasual

But the PS4 already sold half of the Wii U's lifetime sales and the Xbone isn't too far behind that. The PS4/Xbone also has 3rd party support unlike the Wii U. There's a big difference.
Oh yes, even if PS4 sales fall off a cliff tomorrow, it'll still be better off than the WiiU is a year later, but I'm just saying momentum is key if they wanna keep this gravy train of insane hype.

Uh, it doesn't say anywhere that there are three secret world premieres or that the one in Hour 3 is secret. Am I missing something?

Bsigg12

Looks like the set is going to be really small, not like previous years. Gonna look so cheap.

Ba5fD16CYAEglG5.jpg

It sounds like it's going to be a live episode of Bonus Round/GTTV with prerecorded segments for certain things. To me that seems infinitely better than something like they have done or what Machinima did earlier this week with the IGAs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Geoff really can't win. We have live awards show bombast and people complain that it demeans gaming. Now he's promising a different show with more developers and talk, and people are complaining about not enough megatons.

I think we bring this on ourselves sometimes

Haines

Banned
At this point, I hope Reggie goes up there and demos something absolutely ridiculous, 3D world DLC, for example.

dlc for one of the single best games ever made would be huge.

i think u meant wiifitu dlc :p

but we all know its some good ol dk advertising anyways. there is zero reason to do anything diff.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So instead of C list celebrities unrelated to gaming making awkward game jokes we are getting F list you tubers who are so awkward that they probably have certain mental issues that makes me hesitant to actually mock them?

The show got worse.

Will be the first time I don't watch even a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom