• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX content schedule - three unannounced "world premieres"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we get only one of The Witcher or The Division? Or just a case of one earlier in the show?

After all the ads for The Witcher I'm guessing it has to be shown at somepoint.

AlphaK

Very underwhelming schedule(at least for someone in the PS4/PC camp).

I'm glad i never really got too excited for this in the first place.

Why is he even arguing with people? Just do the freaking show and if you truly wanna put on a good show it'll be a good show. Can't please everybody

Very underwhelming schedule(at least for someone in the PS4/PC camp).

I'm glad i never really got too excited for this in the first place.

Yeah sounds like all the exclusive games are from the Xbone camp. Hope Sony shows something. It's a launch year and they don't have shit

Sorian

Banned
dlc for one of the single best games ever made would be huge.

i think u meant wiifitu dlc :p

but we all know its some good ol dk advertising anyways. there is zero reason to do anything diff.

An announcement of the DLC? Yeah probably. Doing a stage demo of sorts for it? Nah.

Salex_

Oh yes, even if PS4 sales fall off a cliff tomorrow, it'll still be better off than the WiiU is a year later, but I'm just saying momentum is key if they wanna keep this gravy train of insane hype.

I agree, but I think there's already a decent Q1 lineup and a bunch of 2014 exclusives with no release dates yet. Both sides already announced their big system seller (Halo, Uncharted) and potential big new IP (Quantum Break, The Order). It just seems like people expect them to announce 10 more exclusives before they'll be happy with the 2014 lineup. I'll be fine with just 2 from this event tbh.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I just want one Megaton, just one. Dark Souls II announcement last year came out of the fucking nowhere and it left me really satisfied.

Hmm. Reggie solely doing a demo gives credence to the Cranky Kong theory, though I still wouldn't rule out Smash or Bayonetta.
Telltale just tweeted that they'd be at the show, so their Game of Thrones game should be one of the three.
Then there's the new project from the Joe Danger guys that Giant Bomb was squeeing about yesterday...
So that leaves one spot for mystery. Or I've forgotten one of the teases.

So instead of C list celebrities unrelated to gaming making awkward game jokes we are getting F list you tubers who are so awkward that they probably have certain mental issues that makes me hesitant to actually mock them?

The show got worse.

Will be the first time I don't watch even a second.
Good riddance, then.

Owzers

Would it have been terrible if they made it 2 hours and cut some of the random stuff? Now i have to google Smosh. What's a smosh?

I might actually watch the whole thing this time. Maybe.

My guess for the 3.

Halo. It seems to be the most likely. We haven't heard what the next title is but we know one is coming next year. I think the days of saving it for E3 are long gone.
CyberPunk 2077 - Possibly a game play trailer
GTA DLC

Thats my guesses. However other possibilities
A Mass Effect title that isn't Mass Effect 4.
A Fable title.
Firaxis' next game which is not called Alpha Centuri but would make fans of the title very happy.
The Sims 4 - We've seen the pc version but supposively there is a console Sims 4 in the works that is significantly different.

salromano

I see four surprise premieres, the first and third of which sound like concrete all-new games. The second and fourth, while they might be all-new games, we can't be sure.

Our first secret world premiere - We cant divulge all of our secrets, but trust us, you’re going to love this one.

Bonus world premiere - Another surprise Bonus World Premiere.

Secret world premiere #2 - Another all-new game, brought to you by VGX.

Another awesome world premiere - We’ve got some of this year’s biggest trailers – only at VGX.

Haines

Banned
So instead of C list celebrities unrelated to gaming making awkward game jokes we are getting F list you tubers who are so awkward that they probably have certain mental issues that makes me hesitant to actually mock them?

The show got worse.

Will be the first time I don't watch even a second.

Why do you want celebrities? I never watched the show before, tonight will be my first, but the thng you are complaining about seems to be an extremely small part of it?

LuchaShaq

Banned
exactly lol nobody cares about the awards/developer talk

Ding ding ding.

Every gaming website already has a billion hours of developer marketing bullshit.

Why do you want celebrities? I never watched the show before, tonight will be my first, but the thng you are complaining about seems to be an extremely small part of it?

I don't want celebrities, the problem is that they replaced them with something worse, youtube celebrities.

EBCubs03

Banned
If Reggie doesn't get up there and show something that blows me away I'll be very disappointed. I want a wii u but I don't have any real reason to own one yet. Super smash bros brawl sucked a big one so I really doubt the next one will be any better

War Eagle

Will there be an official thread that lays everything out in an organized manner? I won't get to watch any of VGX due to the football games today/tonight.

KoopaTheCasual

I agree, but I think there's already a decent Q1 lineup and a bunch of 2014 exclusives with no release dates yet. Both sides already announced their big system seller (Halo, Uncharted) and potential big new IP (Quantum Break, The Order). It just seems like people expect them to announce 10 more exclusives before they'll be happy with the 2014 lineup. I'll be fine with just 2 from this event tbh.

You know, you're right. They announced a lot of exclusives already that don't have dates. I would just be happy with release windows on some those titles to feel comfortable. Give us windows for Rime, Shadow of the Beast, Everybody Goes to the Rapture, and Uncharted, and we're all gravy.

Sorian

Banned

The problem is that it isn't an extremely small part of it. The small part is the actual awards and gameplay/announcement trailers. That's the problem. If it were just the awards and trailers, we could be done in a hour and we'd all be happier for it.

MCasey

Wish list:
L4D3 announcement.
Witcher 3 "spring" release date.
Far Cry 3, TLOU next-gen announcements. (Never played TLOU)

Grief.exe

That Titanfall right at the end. I will watch the start for that first world premiere, but I will absorb everything else in trailer form and on GAF later.

Derrick01

Banned
Bullshit. We can't keep passing the buck on how much we blow every tweet way out of proportion. Geoff has been especially quiet this year and some people are still expecting the moon. He could quit twitter and it would be taken as a sign.

And he has himself to blame for that. He's trained the audience with years of teasing and hype.

Sheroking

Can everyone stop fucking talking about the show. We only watch it for the trailers.

They're actually trying to gear it towards us this year.

Have to give them the benefit of the doubt, or else we deserve to be ignored and overlooked for the dudebros and casuals.

Eh, if that's all there is in store over three hours I think I might be better off just catching the announcement trailers after NeoGAF resurrects.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I doubt Nintendo would announce anything completely new at this. More likely to be DKC or mario kart info

Looking forward to Donkey Kong I guess.

Lara Croft in the flesh - Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.

southpark_nice.png

She's a babe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom