• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Patryn

Gravijah said:
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20p-ORN4NSY

I don't hear it in that either.

Frankly, I'd be surprised to hear the similarity in ANY FF7 song. My dad has always been a big Brubeck fan, so I've been hearing the entire "Time Out" album since I was a kid. I've also played through FF7 multiple times, and I've never really thought "Hey! That's Brubeck!"

SuomiDude

Patryn said:
I don't hear it in that either.

Frankly, I'd be surprised to hear the similarity in ANY FF7 song. My dad has always been a big Brubeck fan, so I've been hearing the entire "Time Out" album since I was a kid. I've also played through FF7 multiple times, and I've never really thought "Hey! That's Brubeck!"
Here is the one you need to listen to: Let the battles begin At least that's the one it reminded me of... the battle song is a lot slower though.

Pimpbaa

Xav said:
Ridge Racer on PlayStation has custom soundtracks, when the game is running just swap the game disc for a disc containing music and it will play.

I use to rent Ridge Racer and when it was time to bring the game back. I would take out the disc but leave my system on and continue to play the game.

Wichu said:
2vs0079.png

Mind blown?
No im pretty sure its at least two creatures mashed up and drawn over each other, but these are the main ones:
Yoshi thing:
fnh8o4.png
Chocobo thing:
2rwvn76.png

Cheerilee

Pappasman said:
oh my god its salamence...
At first glance, I thought he was referring to Lugia. Generic hard-angled winged creature is all it means.

ImNotLikeThem said:
No im pretty sure its at least two creatures mashed up and drawn over each other, but these are the main ones:
Yoshi thing:
fnh8o4.png
Chocobo thing:
2rwvn76.png
You used the upper fluffy tail with both creatures. There's a lower small pointy tail that can't be used with the stumpy feet (which clearly go with the tall neck), but the slim tail matches the style of a pointy flying creature, and joins the spherical body, which fits with the long legs.

So it's just two creatures. A stumpy-legged horse-type dinosaur, and a long-legged pterodactyl-type dinosaur with wings.

onken

Ifrit said:
I don't know if this has been posted, but you can find Earth in Jedi Outcast

http://i50.tinypic.com/4syzck.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n524KFbD5-Y"]Here's a video on how to find it[/URL][/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome.

Zezboob

Andrex said:
If I had to guess, it's the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. :O
Make some sense, but we should see Pangaea instead of current continents.

But maybe they didn't thought about that :D

Chao

Jim_FlexDropPants.gif

Earthworm Jim's legs are mechanical. Not that shocking because, you know, that was a super space suit after all but never noticed them back in the day. I just assumed the suit had white fleshy legs or something. Crappy 14 inch crt tv helped too.

Patryn

lostinblue said:
Crisis Core FF7 Angeal:

http://www.ffinsider.net/crisis-core/images/char-angeal.jpg[IMG]

And the infamous Yasumi Matsuno: (FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII)

[IMG]http://squarehaven.com/media/yasumi_matsuno/thumbs/matsuno_01.jpg[IMG]

Are the same person?[/QUOTE]

I think you're looking for the "David Bowie is in every video game" thread.

Patryn said:
I think you're looking for the "David Bowie is in every video game" thread.
Nope, these are really similar.

David Bowie in that game is Sephiroth.

sephiroth-final-fantasy-vii-david-bowie.jpg

There can be only one and it really clicked with me from moment one, totally not bowie man! not!

Plus, we can do all kind of parallels with "the original owner of the Buster Sword" and the "original owner of the FFXII team", both gone to the dark side of sorts (and into hiding)

Oh, and Yazmat boss on FFXII (Yazumi Matsuno)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Choppasmith said:
This just blew my mind.

FF1 (NES)- 4 White Wizards making Chaos, the final boss, run away by constantly casting fear.

There's neat info in the video description, and though it's a little tedious, watch the video til the very end :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUT47Za7lPY

Some people will call this non mind blowing, being able to effectively beat Chaos with white mages is mindblowing to ANYONE who attempted that shit!

MNC

Chao said:
Jim_FlexDropPants.gif

Earthworm Jim's legs are mechanical. Not that shocking because, you know, that was a super space suit after all but never noticed them back in the day. I just assumed the suit had white fleshy legs or something. Crappy 14 inch crt tv helped too.
Blew my mind. It's a worm in a suit, ofcourse it's gonna be mechanical. Somehow I thought assumed for comedic purposes they would be real legs, but they're mechanical like they should be :lol

Lijik

Chao said:
Jim_FlexDropPants.gif

It makes complete sense that its mechanical but I assumed it was fleshy legs too :lol

OnPoint

Ydahs said:
Interesting. Well, if that commercial really was the inspiration, the one who found it needs a raise. Epic Yarn looks to have some of the best visuals ever and because of it, I'll be buying my first ever Kirby game.

I'm curious as to why you haven't picked up Canvas Curse? No DS available? Dislike of touch-screen elements? It's easily one of the best Kirby games available.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Friend sent this to me this afternoon. Not sure if its old, or common knowledge, but it blew my mind. Can't believe I never saw it before.

sotcwat.png

oracrest

Zerokku said:
Friend sent this to me this afternoon. Not sure if its old, or common knowledge, but it blew my mind. Can't believe I never saw it before.

And atop the tower, you can discover the "garden of Eden" ;)

Erigu

Zerokku said:
Speaking of which, a week before Sony registered the title "Wander to Kyozô" (i.e. the original title of Shadow of the Colossus), they registered "Nimrod no Kyozô (Nimrod Colossus)".
Note how "Nimrod Colossus" could be shortened as "NiCo".

Top Bottom