• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

McLovin

Shalashaska said:
idHn7.jpg
Fuck dude!!! I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL ANYMORE!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Shalashaska said:

I dont get it, does someone want to explain?

EDIT: oh for some reason i was looking at mill and not the arkham. lol

OnPoint

thepotatoman said:
I dont get it, does someone want to explain?

Mark Hamil played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars.

Star Wars was a movie made by George Lucas.

George Lucas has a beard like Noah, from the Ark story in the bible.

In the Ark story, Noah brought pigs along.

Pigs can be slaughtered to make ham.

Ark Ham.

Get it?

Mark Hamil voices the Joker in Batman: Arkham Asylum

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Clipper said:
Seems pretty cool at first, but I think it's fake. I can only count 24 faces and 48 vertices.

You're not counting correctly. There's definitely more than 24 faces. A "face" isn't the same thing as a "side".

MNC

Everytime I think this thread is slowly coming to an end, it gets revived HARD! MARK HAMILL ARKHAM IS STUNNING.

SUPREME1

Banned
street-fighter-2_l.jpg

ssfiihdr_beta.jpg

I posted this early in this thread, but think it might have been overlooked or not seen by many who are new to this thread...

On the SNES the fireball would flash and so you had to pause the game at just the right moment to see it.

attentionwhoregif = me

webrunner

ImperialConquest said:
street-fighter-2_l.jpg

ssfiihdr_beta.jpg

I posted this early in this thread, but think it might have been overlooked or not seen by many who are new to this thread...

On the SNES the fireball would flash and so you had to pause the game at just the right moment to see it.

attentionwhoregif = me

This is because, despite being one of the two most famous fireballs in gaming, the Hadouken is not a fireball. The original fireball is actually basically supposed to be the same "Wave fist" move that monks in FFT have- essentially a chi-enhanced shockwave punch.

jaxword

I posted this in the Symbolism thread but I figured it would fit here.

Ever wondered what the Esperoid tower was supposed to be?

They're corrupted Kefka-ized Goddess statues in the theme of Dante's inferno. All those bodies, including the female, all have Kefka's face. You can recognize Kefka's trademark scarf in a few locations.

It's subtle, but you can see the remnants of the Goddesses in each stage. It's especially noticeable in tier 2, where the Goddess is still there, in the middle, just tied up with Kefka's ribbons. Note that the lower Kefka is now wearing her blue cloth as pants.

You can see Poltergeist's armor and helmet in tier one. The chestplate has turned blue. The arm placement is the same, and Poltergeist's angel wings are replaced by metallic purple bones on Kefka. You can see them on his right and left.

You can see the same two pipes in the top tier behind [sleep] and [girl]. The reclining figure, named [Maria] in Japanese, is a Kefka-faced version of Mary from the famous Michaelangelo sculpture Pietà. Of course, Jesus has Kefka's face too. Note he stole the Goddess' golden ball as well.

Pretty neat little details in the art, hey? Obviously Kefka at the top is supposed to be a new God in heaven, but I figure that one is pretty obvious.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
jaxword said:
I posted this in the Symbolism thread but I figured it would fit here.

Ever wondered what the Esperoid tower was supposed to be?

They're corrupted Kefka-ized Goddess statues in the theme of Dante's inferno. All those bodies, including the female, all have Kefka's face. You can recognize Kefka's trademark scarf in a few locations.

It's subtle, but you can see the remnants of the Goddesses in each stage. It's especially noticeable in tier 2, where the Goddess is still there, in the middle, just tied up with Kefka's ribbons.

You can see Poltergeist's armor and helmet in tier one. The chestplate has turned blue. The arm placement is the same, and Poltergeist's angel wings are replaced by metallic bones on Kefka.

You can see the same two pipes in the top tier behind [sleep] and [girl]. The reclining figure, named [Maria] in Japanese, is a Kefka-faced version of Mary from the famous Michaelangelo sculpture Pietà. Of course, Jesus has Kefka's face too.

Obviously Kefka at the top is supposed to be a new God, but people already knew that one.

Final Fantasy VI is God.

way more

morningbus said:
I'm not sure where you got that from, but that one is probably a misunderstanding. Swallows are migratory birds famous for leaving and returning to a place called Capistrano. Their return is celebrated and even has a fairly famous song about the event. It was a fairly common gag in some older cartoons.

Now, the Swellow pokemon is obviously a play off of the Swallow.

Swellow:
277.png

(a type of) Swallow:
barn_swallow.jpg

So that's why the birds in the movie look like the pokemon.

As for Kent Brockman saying "swellow," it was either misheard or slightly garbled with the character's accent.

I haven't checked this against the movie, so I may be wrong. However, I think my explanation is probably a bit more reasonable.

:lol

He learned of the pokeman before the real life animal it's based on! And it's not some obscure thing like a flying squirrel. It's a fucking swallow.

Oh, what a world.

Roxas

Probably obvious but there you go...

guy who does "EA Sports, its in the game" = Solid Snake himself, David Hayter.

Gravijah

Roxas said:
Probably obvious but there you go...

guy who does "EA Sports, its in the game" = Solid Snake himself, David Hayter.

This isn't true, I don't think. Wikipedia also says it's a guy named Andrew Anthony.

Cheerilee

Gravijah said:
This isn't true, I don't think. Wikipedia also says it's a guy named Andrew Anthony.
Normally, you should doubt that sort of info, because voice actors are notorious for using fake names to get around union or other restrictions. The Metal Gear Solid instruction manual even lists Solid Snake as being portrayed by "Sean Barker" (although the game credits list David Hayter) because Hayter was flip flopping on whether to use his actual name or an alias for what could be his most famous role, and he accidentally used both.

But a quick Google turned up this mildly amusing clip.

http://www.trilulilu.ro/jamesq/1025d4b32ddd50

So it's probably safe to say that Andrew Anthony is a real person (unless he's an alias for someone else).

TheOddOne

ruby_onix said:
Normally, you should doubt that sort of info, because voice actors are notorious for using fake names to get around union or other restrictions. The Metal Gear Solid instruction manual even lists Solid Snake as being portrayed by "Sean Barker" (although the game credits list David Hayter) because Hayter was flip flopping on whether to use his actual name or an alias for what could be his most famous role, and he accidentally used both.

But a quick Google turned up this mildly amusing clip.

http://www.trilulilu.ro/jamesq/1025d4b32ddd50

So it's probably safe to say that Andrew Anthony is a real person (unless he's an alias for someone else).
OMG SO GOOD :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom