• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Wichu

Same reason why 'Feraligatr' has a really weird spelling at the end; Pokémon names are limited to 10 characters.

evolution_ma.gif

Macho chop
Macho choke
Macho champ

CommieCaptorS said:
Did you just look at the picture or do you expect me to be a giant nerd who knows all about wrestling moves?

Since when is choking a wrestling move, more like a murdering move. :lol

I may have found Square Enix making a reference to a Zelda game in Kingdom Hearts but I can't find the right image to confirm.

HUELEN10

Jaded Alyx said:
Looks like this thread has run it's course.
Never!

Let's see if I can try a regular, yet not commonly known fact, as was the original purpose of this thread.

Did you know that the Famicom Disk System works perfectly on an NES? All you need is a pin adapter like one you can get from chucking open a copy of Excitebike. From there, all that is stopping you is the shape of the unit. Use a toploader, or make a pin extender for your toaster, and you are good to go!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We cover this yet?

hitmonlee%5B1%5D.gif
Bruce-Lee.jpg

Bruce (Hitmon) Lee

and

hitmonchan.png
jackiechan.jpeg

Jackie (Hitmon) Chan

EDIT: Updated with (slightly) better Hitmonchan pic.

ITT Juniors ruin the fun with pokemans :/

sorry to be an ass, but they have been covered and they didn't blow any minds the first time around, because everybody knows about this...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Everyone should bear in mind that anything slightly mindblowing related to pokemons has a 90% chance of being old as fuck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, mixed messages.

DRAMATIC SUBJECT CHANGE!

There is a gene on the human chromosome 7 named after Sonic the Hedgehog.

AlfaTrion

Don't know if posted but:
The arrows in the Shoryuken.com logo are the comands to do a... wait for it... Shoryuken!

srk.jpg

btw upside down autobot logo = bad guys in RiD!
Robotnick was behind it!!! That's why the other bad guys were animals!!!!!!!!!!!

MIND BLOWN

Mike M

Nick N
AlfaTrion said:
Don't know if posted but:
The arrows in the Shoryuken.com logo are the comands to do a... wait for it... Shoryuken!
btw upside down autobot logo = bad guys in RiD!
Robotnick was behind it!!! That's why the other bad guys were animals!!!!!!!!!!!

MIND BLOWN

That was the Generation 2 Autobot logo, and even then that was in Japan. In RiD they had Decepticon symbols (Well, the toys at any rate.)

AlfaTrion

Mike M said:
That was the Generation 2 Autobot logo, and even then that was in Japan. In RiD they had Decepticon symbols (Well, the toys at any rate.)
the combitcons (g1 name) had upside down g2 logos ya :(

damnit! i guess i got too carried away :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
KevinCow said:
Which is the X button?

mrbpkj.jpg

If you set those up in a different order, so that the X was slowly rotating, it would be more impressive...

Or, this:

j08d9t.gif

It's the circle of X buttons!

(It's too bad they don't make a circle when arranged chronologically, though.)

jaxword

Choppasmith said:
Well here's something not everyone might know.

Final Fantasy VI was originally supposed to have a in-game vocal song called "Approaching Premonition". While it didn't make the cut, Uematsu did release a special CD with this and other cut tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MvjwMcf9Q

ARe you certain it was SUPPOSED to be an in game vocal?

Square has done many, many, many albums post-game that incorporate vocals on tracks from the game (and tracks unused as well).

A good example was Roaming Sheep from FF3. Never heard that in game, but it was released on an FF3 album a few years later.

Clipper

Htown said:
Oh god why are so many towns in the north named after Ocarina of Time characters??
Do you seriously have to ask this question?

While we're at it, I don't find this particularly mindblowing, but did the Twilight Princess region names being related to the goddesses ever get mentioned in the thread?

Faron = Farore
Eldin = Din
Laynayru = Nayru
Ordona = ??? (possibly Farore again, second syllable)

Top Bottom