• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (PSP) more hidden charators...

lunlunqq

sorry if old.

anybody cares about this game? seems like more DMC charactors make into this game.

2762_3392Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

Nemesis_

I'm pretty sure I see Jester, Nelo Angelo, Trish and the Legendary Dark Knight.

Looks like they must be all DMC characters. This is a definite buy for me ^_^

123rl

Two games? I thought this was just the battle game (that's also getting ported to the GC)

I need some new Viewtiful Joe asap though. I bought the DS version and it's horrible. Waste of money, effort, time, and it's an insult to the series

They might as well just make it a devil may cry fighting game.
Where is marvel vs capcom 3 with joe and dante, capcom? :[

edit: this must be what that "chiburu may cry" rumor from famitsu came from. No dmc love for the ds afterall.

Nemesis_

OK! The one we though was Jester wasn't, but it's a marionette from the original game. Here's a shot of the actual marionette.

http://capcom-central.com/concept/dmc/06.jpg

^ Their faces look similiar. I'm 100% sure it's a marionette.

EDIT: Check the marionette in the above photo on the VERY RIGHT HAND SIDE. Then look at the Jester-looking character in the PSP pic.

CamHostage

typhonsentra said:
Isn't this game supposed to be terrible?

I think, on GameCube, it was more just a waste of time and a disappointment. On PSP, it fits better, plus you have your own viewscreen in multiplayer.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
typhonsentra said:
Isn't this game supposed to be terrible?

Yup. Sucked on the Game Cube; far too chaotic and hard to tell what the hell was going on. There's less detail in the PSP version, which might work to the game's benefit, and while it would be nice to see the screen focus on just your character, doing that would make it easy to hit by an incoming attack that you wouldn't see if it was zoomed out.

I hope Capcom can fix the game for the PSP release; they seem to be taking their time with it, but I'm still not keeping my hopes up. Been burned once already.

Lyte Edge said:
Yup. Sucked on the Game Cube; far too chaotic and hard to tell what the hell was going on. There's less detail in the PSP version, which might work to the game's benefit, and while it would be nice to see the screen focus on just your character, doing that would make it easy to hit by an incoming attack that you wouldn't see if it was zoomed out.

I hope Capcom can fix the game for the PSP release; they seem to be taking their time with it, but I'm still not keeping my hopes up. Been burned once already.

How could they fix it? Sounds like the game is fundamentally flawed in concept.

So... at what point did they decide, "Oh, screw making new characters for the Viewtiful Joe series, let's just start a gradual process of turning it into Chibi-DMC Fighter!" Alastor was an amusing reference, Dante as a special character in DMC PS2 was an addition to justify the late PS2 release to try to attract more buyers, but come on...

Of course, all complaints are cancelled if Joe is discovered as playable in DMC3:SE. RHOH would fit right in... Voomerang for the long-distance attacks...

Top Bottom