• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vigil: If Darksiders 2 sells 4-5 mil copies, [Updated with dev comments]

BY2K

Membero Americo
3 million is more realistic the previews of the game have not looked that great, Borderlands 2 could get those numbers if everything goes right.

Are you kidding? The previews have been fantastic for Darksiders 2!

There's hope... After steam sales..

Vigil games are now hiring for what appears to be an FPS:

Has previously held a senior programming position on at least one shipped AAA console or PC title (preferably an FPS)
An avid FPS gamer with strong interest in pushing the genre forward creatively
Prior experience working on an FPS title
Deep knowledge (professionally or as a gamer) of FPS mechanics and gameplay
Source: Vigil Games

PS: I am burnt out on first person games, I find this depressing. :-(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
But those aren't even close to being realistic expectations, right?

They can't be

Hell PS3 multi-platform games sell worse most of the time, never equal or higher than 360, it's fucking super rare

Even if you give 1.5mil to 360 this is lifetime speaking, not within a few months, the most you will get out of PS3 is < 500,000, PC barely 100,000, most sales for it will be the Steam Fall Sale bonanza
Wii U, another 50k maybe... yeah...

GraveRobberX

Avatar Bet 3 months, that Darksiders 2 won't even be in the top 5 in NPD for August 2012

Any takers?

Side note: If same title takes up spot, it counts

So NPD #1-5, if DS2 shows up, you give me any avatar you want

DieH@rd

Banned
Hmmm notable games in August:
Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Madden NFL 13

:D

I think DS2 will easily land in 1-5 spot.

Avatar Bet 3 months, that Darksiders 2 won't even be in the top 5 in NPD for August 2012

Any takers?

I think it will be in the top 5 but with not so great numbers...

About the Facebook poll, another factor that puts DSII ahead of Sleeping Dogs is the number of replies on each thread here on GAF.
But really, I just wish they both succeed.

Hindle

Banned
If the game can sell 2m at full price then that will be awesome, throw in another 2m when it receives the price cuts.

I fully expect it will follow the Saints Row route to success with the 3rd game being the game that achieves the 5m+

BY2K

Membero Americo
Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Madden NFL 13

You forgot Guild Wars 2. It's VERY late August (the 28th), but August still.

Nothing to get us banned, or lose avatar privileges

If DS II #5 and up, your choice

If DS II #6 and below, Death KO'ed, with FAIL written?

Hmm... many opponents...
I don't like the idea of that only because it would be me losing, not the game necessarily. I'll think about it though.

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Madden NFL 13

Don't forget New Super Mario Bros 2, I'm sure that will do very well.

ironcreed

Banned
If this means anything:

Darksiders II FB page has 675k fans
Sleeping Dogs FB page has 59k fans

I think Darksiders II will be the more successful of the two as well, but I am rooting hard for and looking forward to both. Just have to figure out which one I am going to play first, lol.

GraveRobberX

Also doesn't mean I hate DSII

Will get it eventually, enjoyed the first and got Platinum for it

Transformers Fall of Cybertron gets my money first... sorry

Just a friendly wager that's all, would have taken a 1 month ban, but that is not allowed anymore... womp womp

DieH@rd

Banned
If this means anything:

Darksiders II FB page has 675k fans
Sleeping Dogs FB page has 59k fans

Also, if this means anything:

trendsn7z39.jpg

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=Sle...+Borderlands+2&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

HiiiLife

Never could get into the first. I wonder if I should try again if it goes on sale because I think the concept of this series is cool.

GraveRobberX

Never could get into the first. I wonder if I should try again if it goes on sale because I think the concept of this series is cool.

It's on PS+ as a freebee at the moment, unless they took it down... I don't think they did

Hell 3 months for $17.99, enjoy a plethora of games, finish DS and enjoy the other stuff

I honestly see this title releasing 3rd for the month at best.

It's so close to Guild Wars 2 that I'll play some of my backlog including Darksiders 1, while waiting for Guild Wars 2. Then Mist hits, and depending on which I enjoy more I will be playing. I just won't have time for Darksiders 2. I just think it's a bad time to release an RPG,if only it was released a couple months earlier.

:-(

Blue: Guild Wars 2 | Red: Borderlands 2 | Orange: Darksiders 2
viz

I'd be very shocked if Guild Wars 2 was number 1 for the month. Released only for 1 weekend and not including consoles.

Khezu

I'm all for a reduced scope for darksiders 3.
To be honest the 4 times the size of DS1 is kinda worrying me, game might be filled with lots of filler, or big chunks of empty landscapes with a few enemies scattered around.

inky

I don't see the game doing 3 million even. I'm tempted to get it near launch, but I haven't finished the first one due to performance issues. Sometimes the framerate dips into the 20s for some weird reason.

Reading the clarifications I just hope that much is true, and that the game can succeed even when it's nowhere close to those very ambitious expectations.

I'm all for a reduced scope for darksiders 3.
To be honest the 4 times the size of DS1 is kinda worrying me, game might be filled with lots of filler, or big chunks of empty landscapes with a few enemies scattered around.

I am worried about to much of the same over extending it's welcome. :-(

Derrick01

Banned

Any takers?

I don't like your chances now that the NPD merges all systems into 1 spot. You lose at least 1 extra spot since Madden PS3 will be merged with the rest.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Looking forward to seeing the OT for Darksiders II, as the original one was incredibly well done (thanks Zealous!).

Anyways, thought you chaps may want to know, a Darksiders community fan, has apparently read an early review from a German magazine, called Consol Plus. They gave the game 93%

Somebody may want to fire up the OT ready for the avalanche of soon-to-be review scores.

H

BY2K

Membero Americo
Looking forward to seeing the OT for Darksiders II, as the original one was incredibly well done (thanks Zealous!).

Anyways, thought you chaps may want to know, a Darksiders community fan, has apparently read an early review from a German magazine, called Consol Plus. They gave the game 93%

Somebody may want to fire up the OT ready for the avalanche of soon-to-be review scores.

H

As per the GAF OT rules, I can't post the OT until 7 days before the earliest release date. And it's not quite done yet.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't very interested on this game, but after the latest trailer, I think I'm gonna do my share in this target!

But still, Colombian sale, so that's as good as getting the game used. Damn.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
As per the GAF OT rules, I can't post the OT until 7 days before the earliest release date. And it's not quite done yet.

Ah, ok. I'm not versed on such rules, but thanks for letting me know. Can't wait to see it btw.

H

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'd like to read the full german review.

Item Spoiler:
What exactly does he mean that the Voidwalker is now also influenced by time?

DieH@rd

Banned

Item Spoiler:

If driving games can have time rewind feature, then nothing is stoping portals of giving us glimpse to the past timeline [few seconds].

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Item Spoiler:

Either prince of persia or ratchet and clank acit style or jumping into a portal puts you back on the other side at the orgin point of it's creation

Also that little thing has a pretty big ass list of key item spoilers

BY2K

Membero Americo
Either prince of persia or ratchet and clank acit style or jumping into a portal puts you back on the other side at the orgin point of it's creation

Also that little thing has a pretty big ass list of key item spoilers

What?

ironcreed

Banned

H

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Nice to see some great reviews starting to roll in.

Hes words got me worried for Darksiders 2. It sounds like the world is too big in Darksiders 2 for what the team could handle. As in there not Rockstar or Ubisoft with 400 people and multiple teams on the same project to help make a big world detailed and polished. If Darksiders world is less polished and detailed then the first game I'd be pretty disappointed. They shouldnt of sacrificed size for detail and polish.

As for the sales I would be surprised if they did more than 2.5 million.

Top Bottom